ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Oct 10, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #1,171 of 12,549
I share the UK folks anticipation, fingers crossed we hear something today :beerchug:

I think we're all a bit impatient haha But what's an extra few quid for Saturday shipping when you know you'll be able to enjoy them a few days earlier :wink:
Oh how I wish I had your problem :)
I need my colleague to bring me mine, and is only flying into Brazil in November! :sob:

Oct 10, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #1,172 of 12,549
Speaking of which... Monkey Pod VC

Rob, that is a truly beautiful HP!!! Very happy to see that you are one of the first VC users worldwide, and very much looking forward to your impressions!!! :)

Oct 10, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #1,173 of 12,549
I think we're all a bit impatient haha But what's an extra few quid for Saturday shipping when you know you'll be able to enjoy them a few days earlier :wink:

Impatient, surely not :p

I have actually gone down a different route and am now getting mine tomorrow for no extra cost! :beerchug:

I need my colleague to bring me mine, and is only flying into Brazil in November! :sob:

Blimey that sounds like a right pain! I hope you enjoy them.

Oct 10, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #1,174 of 12,549
Impatient, surely not :p

I have actually gone down a different route and am now getting mine tomorrow for no extra cost! :beerchug:
Blimey that sounds like a right pain! I hope you enjoy them.

I should stop reading this tread :frowning2: :frowning2:

Oct 10, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #1,175 of 12,549
Oct 10, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #1,176 of 12,549
Has anybody compared the VC with the Fostex th900mk 2 or Abyss TCs yet? I only started following this thread recently, but all of your positive reactions have me interested in learning more.

Also, that purple set somebody posted earlier is so beautiful. :wow:

I have never seen dyed ZMFs. Was that a special order? If so, how do you go about ordering that type of customization?

Oct 10, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #1,177 of 12,549
Welcome home Desert Ironwood. I think we are going to be friends...

20191010_214949.jpg

20191010_214836.jpg
20191010_214738.jpg

Oct 10, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #1,178 of 12,549
Welcome home Desert Ironwood. I think we are going to be friends...

Very nice, I think you might have scooped the first shots of an Ironwood actually in the hands of a customer! Be interesting to see how mine compare looks wise as I went for polished steel rods and the charcoal bronze chassis.

I am assuming you went and collected yours today? That is what I am doing tomorrow, I didn't think about that option until I got home from working in London so it was a bit late by then... I am really going to have to force myself to go to the gym (haven't been for a couple of weeks due to holiday/injury) before getting sucked into listening or I will never get out my chair again.

Oct 10, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #1,179 of 12,549
Very nice, I think you might have scooped the first shots of an Ironwood actually in the hands of a customer! Be interesting to see how mine compare looks wise as I went for polished steel rods and the charcoal bronze chassis.

I am assuming you went and collected yours today? That is what I am doing tomorrow, I didn't think about that option until I got home from working in London so it was a bit late by then... I am really going to have to force myself to go to the gym (haven't been for a couple of weeks due to holiday/injury) before getting sucked into listening or I will never get out my chair again.

First, I hope any injuries are a blip, not a long running irritation. Be well!

As you guessed, I went to pick them up. I have important work tomorrow, else I would absolutely be taking the day off! I am sure yours will be *beautiful*. I went black so as to leave the wood in focus. In the end, I think you might be winning however! Aamer has been great with letting us eager beavers manage local pickups.

Oct 10, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #1,180 of 12,549
First, I hope any injuries are a blip, not a long running irritation. Be well!

As you guessed, I went to pick them up. I have important work tomorrow, else I would absolutely be taking the day off! I am sure yours will be *beautiful*. I went black so as to leave the wood in focus. In the end, I think you might be winning however! Aamer has been great with letting us eager beavers manage local pickups.

Thanks, it is nothing too bad just a bit of a shoulder strain, it is getting there just taking it easy. Leg day tomorrow so the shoulder is fairly safe.

Work... Pesky thing always getting in the way, I guess it funds our madness though lol! I would much rather sit and listen to music all day though, we can dream right? I can see the logic behind that and they certainly look stunning, the wood definitely pops. I bet we must be driving Aamer mad :deadhorse:

Oct 10, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #1,181 of 12,549
Incredible photos! Lovely looking headphone!

thanks, but theyre an easy subject to work with!

Rob, that is a truly beautiful HP!!! Very happy to see that you are one of the first VC users worldwide, and very much looking forward to your impressions!!! :)

thanks Jorge, they're definitely photogenic, but look even better in the wood. I'm sorry you've got such a wait. Good news is i think its going to be worth it.

Ive had them burning for about 6 hours, but listening now and first thoughts are, wow thats where my favourite kickdrums have been all this time. They sound very complete out of the box, more so than the Stellia's, which really did need every minute of 150hrs to properly come together. Obvs too early to give any reliable impressions, but ive been wearing them for nearly 3 hours now and they disappear on the head, feeling much lighter than i'd expected, clamping force seems just right and the seal is great, i cant hear the tumble dryer in the other room which thanks to my two boys is a permanent noise fixture 24/7 in our house.

First and immediate impressions of how they sound: the stage is the widest i've CB i've heard and hype is real, for the first time with a CB i dont feel short changed on this front with the upside of CB dynamism and impact. its weird they are fuller than Stellias, but i'm not really hearing any less detail, which is a real surprise... mmmm big smiles, so far and i cant see myself leaving these alone while they run in. I'm not even managing to rattle through my usual test tracks, instead i've just got lost listening to the whole of Fourtet Live at Alexandra Palace, anyone who's ordered and likes electronica, you need not worry, it seems the VC's definitely do techno !! :wink:

Congrats @chrisdrop those ironwood look lovely. Looking forward to seeing a raft of pics of everyones new arrivals :):)

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #1,182 of 12,549
So I not the only one waiting in Brazil. Probably mine will take a little more to get. MP or IW you choosed?

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #1,185 of 12,549
You can vicariously live though us when we start getting ours if that helps :p
I am already doing that instinctively. Trying to feel the sound, the timbre, the resolution and imaging. Then I get carried away and find myself staring blankly at a wall at work with an open mouth . I only can guess what my coworkers make of that scene.
Well the truth is I am absolutely not a bit jealous. I emulate (if that’s the correct word) and really very happy for your bliss. Enjoy it well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back