ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 16, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #586 of 12,524
You're making a very strong case for the VC as the best Verite, if not the best ZMF.
Well,if you connect the dots from what Ive said about the VC here,as well as in my review,its the best headphone Ive ever heard,ZMF or otherwise.
Other than for a/b purposes my Auteur and VO have seen zero head time since I received the VC.
I just listed for sale my ATH AD2000s,which is great for metal,female vocals and trance,and exceptionally rare,cuz I will never use it again.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #589 of 12,524
Let me know if you'd like to rectify that, I'd be more than willing to make arrangements my friend.
Thats very kind and generous of you Jinxy! Thank you.

Sep 16, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #591 of 12,524
Hey @Monsterzero, just curious, but what wood did your review zmf use? I’ve been trying to look through your post history, but couldn’t find it easily so just thought I’d ask :sweat_smile:
Monkeypod. I havent heard the Ironwood,or the other wood that is rumored to be out there somewhere. How they differ in sound I will leave that up to @zach915m to clarify.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #592 of 12,524
Monkeypod. I havent heard the Ironwood,or the other wood that is rumored to be out there somewhere. How they differ in sound I will leave that up to @zach915m to clarify.
Yes, it would be interesting to know the acoustic difference between Ironwood and Monkeypod

Sep 16, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #593 of 12,524
I find that when I use the Verite for a while, I'm really in love with its clarity, precision, and soundstage.
Then, I think "Bah. Guess I don't need the Eikon so much, but I'll keep it because it's so pretty."
Then, I put them on my head and start playing music... and ten minutes later I realize I have a huge smile on my face. I love its warmth, the lower register meatiness without being overwhelming; and I fall back into love of the Eikon.
They're not the same, but they're both excellent. I won't get rid of either one.

Sep 16, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #594 of 12,524
I find that when I use the Verite for a while, I'm really in love with its clarity, precision, and soundstage.
Then, I think "Bah. Guess I don't need the Eikon so much, but I'll keep it because it's so pretty."
Then, I put them on my head and start playing music... and ten minutes later I realize I have a huge smile on my face. I love its warmth, the lower register meatiness without being overwhelming; and I fall back into love of the Eikon.
They're not the same, but they're both excellent. I won't get rid of either one.

Damn... Really hoping to see some more Eikon's or Atticus hit the for sale forum.

Sep 16, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #595 of 12,524
I recently got Onyx. It's NOS DAC and its warm, has good Bass and vocals are forward. I am really enjoying the Combo of Verite+ ZDT Jr + Onyx

Sep 17, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #597 of 12,524
If Eikon's or Atticus were closed back i'd give them a shot
The Eikon is closed. It has some vent holes, but there is virtually no difference in a "pure" closed back in terms of sound leakage and head seal (arr! arr! arr!) that you would expect from any other closed back. For all itensive (and intents and) purpoises (Eeee-keeek-eek-ekk!), consider it a closed headphone.

Sep 17, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #599 of 12,524
Oof I can't pick one, Ironwood or Monkeypod. I like the way people describe the sound of denser woods, and since the vc is more wood than most zmfs, you'd think the effects would be a little more pronounced. But the monkey is less money, and ~140 grams lighter to boot. The nit-picking and tightfisted parts of my brain are fighting and I don't like it. The ironwoods are shiner though, that appeals to some more primal part of my brain. Maybe like the bird brain or something. Lizard brain? Though whichever wood would play nicer with tubes would probably be the best choice, they keep my feet warm during the cold winters....

Sep 17, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #600 of 12,524
Are there any pics with the Verite Closed that are actually „on the head“ of someone when wearing them?
I just wanted to see how they look.

The thing is: You can like or not like the color choice of the Stellia (I happen to like it), but designwise they are state of the art. I can go with them around in the city without gaining weird looks (at least in my town). The VC on the other hand are beautiful to look at with the woods, but I fear that on the head they might look rather like a coconut chopped in the half. Do they stand apart a lot when on the head? If anyone is brave enough to post pictures, I‘d appreciate it a lot :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back