ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 14, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #556 of 12,549
So I guess all of you guys with review or loaner pairs of VC have decided you want to own them and therefore, keep them/order your own pair?

Sep 14, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #558 of 12,549
Only other closed headphone I'm interested in is the presumed to be coming, Ether 2 C!
That seems particularly presumptuous given this:
A number of people asked me if there will be an ETHER 2 closed. At this time, the ETHER 2 drive is less efficient than the ETHER, and closed cups loose even more efficiency. For this reason, as it stands the E2 isn't really the right platform for a DAP friendly closed headphone, so there's nothing imminent on the roadmap and ECF 1.1 will continue to be our flagship closed. I don't normally post anything about future product direction, but this question predictably came up really often so I wanted to provide some clarity that this is a "don't hold your breath" answer... :)

Sep 14, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #561 of 12,549
So I guess all of you guys with review or loaner pairs of VC have decided you want to own them and therefore, keep them/order your own pair?

I’ll be ordering my own set once I decide what wood I want them in. They sound glorious in Monkeypod, which is what my review set are finished in, and they are relatively light, but aesthetically I want something as dramatic as my dual Ziricote and Cocobolo Vėritė Open sets.

Sep 15, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #564 of 12,549
Just realised that I have a 3.5mm cable that came with my Meze Empyrean which would be perfect for a VC... I am such an idiot lol!

Sep 15, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #565 of 12,549

Right...I am not trying to imply that I heard any news of impending headphones, but isnt Dan's comment almost a year old at this point!

I am just suggesting that it is unlikely that Dan is not working on a closed back given the way the market is trending.

Back to the Verite C talk...really excited to hear these headphones!

Sep 16, 2019 at 1:06 AM Post #566 of 12,549
The VC is ridiculous for rock and metal! Gypsyhawk tonight.

Sep 16, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #568 of 12,549
Does the VC makes the Eikon or Atticus obselete?

Sep 16, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #569 of 12,549
I don't plan on selling my Eikon, even though I will surely get a VC. That said, I will make the Eikon the primary at one location and the VC at another... (hmmm - 2 VCs?!!!! .. or a holiday + 1 VC??)

There is a significant price difference so anyone looking for price/ performance will not find Eikon/ Atticus obsolete.

Sep 16, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #570 of 12,549
Does the VC makes the Eikon or Atticus obselete?
Personally I'd say never obsolete.They're tuned differently & have different price points, so different strokes and all that. I'm still madly in love with my Eikon. Even if the VC is that much better (and by all accounts it very well may be) it doesn't make the Eikon sound any worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back