ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 16, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #571 of 12,549
The Eikon is still Zach's first foray into dynamic driver custom headphones...even if the Verite Closed is the technically superior one, to us long time affictionados the Eikon has that special place in our hearts :)

Who can forget these looks:
20170910-201218.jpg

Sep 16, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #572 of 12,549
I'm wondering how the bass quality is compared to the eikons. I've never heard either, but I've heard the eikon's bass is a little bit better in quality than the ori's, so if the verite closed's bass is at least on par with the eikons than I would be a happy camper.

So if Verite Closed>=Eikon>Ori than I = :heart_eyes:

Sep 16, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #573 of 12,549
I'm wondering how the bass quality is compared to the eikons. I've never heard either, but I've heard the eikon's bass is a little bit better in quality than the ori's, so if the verite closed's bass is at least on par with the eikons than I would be a happy camper.

So if Verite Closed>=Eikon>Ori than I = :heart_eyes:
The Eikon is the only ZMF dynamic I havent spent much time with,but I would be shocked if it outperformed the VC in the bass dept. VC bass is super tight,deep,and hard hitting.

Sep 16, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #575 of 12,549
I have the Eikon and will compare it to the VC as soon as I get it. While I am pretty satisfied with the Eikon overall, what I am hoping for with the VC is a more technically proficient headphone. Sometimes I wish that my Eikon would have more speed, air and better vocal presence. It will be interesting to see how it stands up to the VC in these aspects.

Sep 16, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #576 of 12,549
The Eikon is the only ZMF dynamic I havent spent much time with,but I would be shocked if it outperformed the VC in the bass dept. VC bass is super tight,deep,and hard hitting.

Would you recommend the VC over the Stellia then if looking for more oomph? I was planning on upgrading in March next year the either these (I will have to deal with the wood tone I guess) or the Stellia from the AFC's. Your reviews are awesome!

Sep 16, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #577 of 12,549
Would you recommend the VC over the Stellia then if looking for more oomph? I was planning on upgrading in March next year the either these (I will have to deal with the wood tone I guess) or the Stellia from the AFC's. Your reviews are awesome!
Thanks!
While I liked the Stellia quite a bit,I still preferred the VO over it. I now prefer the VC over the VO,and by a pretty wide margin. Once people get a chance to hear the VC,youre going to hear a lot of hype on this headphone. Its really that good.

As far as to which to buy,the VC sounds better to my ears vs. the Stellia,and its less expensive as well. I guess it would boil down to what your amping situation is. The Stellia is pretty easy to drive. The VC isnt hard to drive at all,but I would suspect that the Stellia is easier out of a mobile device,but that's just speculation on my part.
If you have a dedicated desktop amp,I cannot recommend the VC enough.

Sep 16, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #578 of 12,549
Thanks!
While I liked the Stellia quite a bit,I still preferred the VO over it. I now prefer the VC over the VO,and by a pretty wide margin. Once people get a chance to hear the VC,youre going to hear a lot of hype on this headphone. Its really that good.

As far as to which to buy,the VC sounds better to my ears vs. the Stellia,and its less expensive as well. I guess it would boil down to what your amping situation is. The Stellia is pretty easy to drive. The VC isnt hard to drive at all,but I would suspect that the Stellia is easier out of a mobile device,but that's just speculation on my part.

I need to still with a closed back due to the environment I am in.

I will be driving it with my PC sourcing everything into Bifrost2 DAC via Unison USB->Balanced XLR-> Mjolnir2 -> New CB Headphones.

If you are recommending them that much more, I can live with the wood finish. Not 100% sold on the cognac style of the Stellia's either :)

Sep 16, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #579 of 12,549
If you are recommending them that much more, I can live with the wood finish. Not 100% sold on the cognac style of the Stellia's either

Yeah,I mean looks on headphones mean very little to me,within reason. Nobody sees me when im listening. I cant see myself either,so as long as a headphone sounds good to me,thats pretty much all that matters.
I will say though,you're one of the few members Ive seen in ZMF threads who werent blown away by ZMF's word working.

Sep 16, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #580 of 12,549
I can live with the wood finish.

Before I went and saw ZMFs, I wasn't too keen on wood in general. (perhaps you have seen them in person)

After going to see them (and of course listening to them) - man are they beautiful! It is real craftsmanship.

Sep 16, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #582 of 12,549
Thanks!

Now if the VC had the same 3D staging with the Verite pads as the VO, along with the extra deep bass and the added treble you mentioned in your review, then I would be completely sold, even though I don't necessarily need another closed can. Since you make it seem like an all around improvement over the open I am intrigued.

Sep 16, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #583 of 12,549
Yeah,I mean looks on headphones mean very little to me,within reason. Nobody sees me when im listening. I cant see myself either,so as long as a headphone sounds good to me,thats pretty much all that matters.
I will say though,you're one of the few members Ive seen in ZMF threads who werent blown away by ZMF's word working.

Before I went and saw ZMFs, I wasn't too keen on wood in general. (perhaps you have seen them in person)

After going to see them (and of course listening to them) - man are they beautiful! It is real craftsmanship.

Totally agree!!! I've got a Stellia and find it beautiful, but the combinations of exotic woods, metals and grille designs that @zach915m puts together are outstanding!!!

Exhibit 1:
_DSC2167-2.JPG

Sep 16, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #584 of 12,549
Now if the VC had the same 3D staging with the Verite pads as the VO, along with the extra deep bass and the added treble you mentioned in your review, then I would be completely sold, even though I don't necessarily need another closed can. Since you make it seem like an all around improvement over the open I am intrigued.
The 3D staging on the VC is very strong. What Ive yet to hear from it is the "zooming" Ive heard on the VO,and only then did it happen with very warm,specific tube rolls. This only happens on select tracks too,so its not a consistent sound im getting on all tracks/albums thru the VO.

I was listening to Enter Sandman last night by Metallica thru the VC,and the part where Hetfield starts reciting the bedtime prayer,and it came from over my back left shoulder. It actually startled me,lol.

Sep 16, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #585 of 12,549
The 3D staging on the VC is very strong. What Ive yet to hear from it is the "zooming" Ive heard on the VO,and only then did it happen with very warm,specific tube rolls. This only happens on select tracks too,so its not a consistent sound im getting on all tracks/albums thru the VO.

I was listening to Enter Sandman last night by Metallica thru the VC,and the part where Hetfield starts reciting the bedtime prayer,and it came from over my back left shoulder. It actually startled me,lol.
You're making a very strong case for the VC as the best Verite, if not the best ZMF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back