ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Aug 7, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #76 of 12,527
Can anyone who’s heard the Verite closed share about the sound isolation from outside noise and also how much sound leaks out to others in the room?

I’ve demoed the open back Verite a bunch of times and i’m sold. A closed back version would be perfect for me as I’ve got a baby on the way so I need to keep the sound down in my home. We’ll see if I still have time for some music here and there but I sure hope so!

When I was watching a movie at night with my headphones on, my wife was always thankful that I heard my little one crying... After giving birth, your miss will be exausted and she will appreciate any kind of help while she can rest a bit.
A closed back in order to keep the sound down is a good choice but don't try to find one that blocks too much of the noise out.

Just my opinion
Kelvin

Aug 7, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #79 of 12,527
You get an email for the stand? I'm signed up but didn't get anything. I check everyday myself lol.
Good point, neither for the new wood options for the Verité/Simon etc. Ha

Simon = Eikon

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #80 of 12,527
We will have a email blast out on friday with V closed info, new LTD wood info, and the stand. Just wanted to consolidate it into one email as I've found less people like you when you send out too many emails.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Aug 7, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #81 of 12,527
Amazeballs

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #82 of 12,527
I had planned to pick up a Vérité early next year to pair with my Glenn OTL. If I am understanding correctly, we are talking about a closed back headphone that suffers from none of the typical disadvantages of a closed back. If that's true, the added isolation might actually be said to be an advantage or improvement over the open Vérité.

Very interesting, will have to follow closely as more open vs. closed impressions come out. The closed Vérité might go well with my Auteur :) more wood is always welcome too.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 12:44 AM Post #83 of 12,527
When I was watching a movie at night with my headphones on, my wife was always thankful that I heard my little one crying... After giving birth, your miss will be exausted and she will appreciate any kind of help while she can rest a bit.
A closed back in order to keep the sound down is a good choice but don't try to find one that blocks too much of the noise out.

Just my opinion
Kelvin

Awesome advice, makes so much sense. Appreciate the insight my friend :) Can’t wait for the days ahead!

Aug 9, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #86 of 12,527
Aug 9, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #87 of 12,527
I'm curious about the Verite closed, but I'm gonna be honest- I'm not really sure if I understand what niche it's supposed to fill? It's not as bassy as the eikon or atticus, right? The site says it accentuates imaging, but is less 3D than the verite open which has me a bit confused as to what exactly that's supposed to mean?

I love Zach's work so I'm trying to have an open mind but seeing as I already have an Atticus, Auteur and Verite open I think maybe the Verite closed might be a little redundant for me... as much as that desert ironwood has me salivating lol

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #88 of 12,527
It's not as bassy as the eikon or atticus, right? The site says it accentuates imaging, but is less 3D than the verite open which has me a bit confused as to what exactly that's supposed to mean?

When I spoke to Zach,he actually mentioned it had slightly more holographic staging than the OG Verite. Perhaps the final tuning has changed that,IDK.

The notes mention sub-bass,which was never the Atticus strong suit.

I guess we will find out soon enough.

Aug 9, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #89 of 12,527
When I spoke to Zach,he actually mentioned it had slightly more holographic staging than the OG Verite.

Wouldn't that make the og verite a little redundant though?? So far Zach has been pretty good about making it so that all of his headphones give very different experiences; so I'd be very surprised if that wasn't the case for the Closed Verite!

Aug 9, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #90 of 12,527
So far Zach has been pretty good about making it so that all of his headphones give very different experiences; so I'd be very surprised if that wasn't the case for the Closed Verite!
Agreed. I have no doubts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back