ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Nov 25, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #8,611 of 12,513
Earlier a user recommended me the Quicksilver audio headphone tube amp for the verite closed, anybody know how to order it? I go to the website and there is no ''buy'' or ''add to cart'' button?

quicksilver.audio@gmail.com

You just need to send them an email. I bought my amp directly from Quicksilver.

Nov 25, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #8,613 of 12,513
I have to start somewhere. It was very beneficial. I just ordered mine yesterday so just trying to get an idea on where to start.

I think you'll get the most contrast with the Auteur Solids and BE2 Hybrids. After trying a whole bunch of pads, I settled on the BE2's. For me at least, I prefer when my ears are closer to the drivers. Gives a more intimate and visceral experience.

Nov 25, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #8,614 of 12,513
I think you'll get the most contrast with the Auteur Solids and BE2 Hybrids. After trying a whole bunch of pads, I settled on the BE2's. For me at least, I prefer when my ears are closer to the drivers. Gives a more intimate and visceral experience.
Yeah I was completely invested in Auteur Lambskins, and ready to sell my BE2 Lambskins. But then I thought I'd give the BE2 another shot, and now I can't imagine using anything else.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #8,616 of 12,513
Verite or BE2 both in solid leather. Verite hits hardest for me. I've tried them all, I think, and these are by far best for punchy music.
Did you ever get a tube amp? I finally got mine. I went to CanJam Socal with the express purpose of buying a great tube amp to pair with my VC. I found it in the Ampsandsound Rockwell. It was the best amp pairing with the VC to my ear at the show. I finally got it and I couldn't be happier. My VC has never sound better. It's a significant upgrade from the Kenzie, Forge and Pendant SE. And, it has 5 headphone taps for 8/16/32/100/300 ohms and I am using them all. You get a nice and subtle change in sound simply by changing taps. The VCs really have a wide sound stage and with the Universe Suede pads, the bass is deep and hits hard. Vocals are sublime. The tubes really enhance the euphonic sound of the VCs while maintain great imaging and clarity. And, it can drive the Hifiman Susvara which I recently picked up. Between these 2 headphones, it covers all of the music I listen to. So happy with my decision to get the Rockwell.

Nov 26, 2021 at 1:35 AM Post #8,617 of 12,513
Zach, what pads come with the b stock VC’s you just had up? I snagged from there and curious what it comes with so I can look into getting a couple different pads to test out as well

Nov 26, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #8,618 of 12,513
Just want to make a comment on the ability to repair ZMF headphones. Few weeks ago I completely de-assembled my Aeolus since it was on its third year of daily use. I cleaned everything, repolished the wood, hydrated the leather and re loctited everything. It looks and feels how it did the day I received it. I absolutely enjoy doing something like that, it brings me closer to the product for some reason. And I find those small sessions of renewing something you love very meditative.

Nov 26, 2021 at 3:27 AM Post #8,619 of 12,513
Did you ever get a tube amp? I finally got mine. I went to CanJam Socal with the express purpose of buying a great tube amp to pair with my VC. I found it in the Ampsandsound Rockwell. It was the best amp pairing with the VC to my ear at the show. I finally got it and I couldn't be happier. My VC has never sound better. It's a significant upgrade from the Kenzie, Forge and Pendant SE. And, it has 5 headphone taps for 8/16/32/100/300 ohms and I am using them all. You get a nice and subtle change in sound simply by changing taps. The VCs really have a wide sound stage and with the Universe Suede pads, the bass is deep and hits hard. Vocals are sublime. The tubes really enhance the euphonic sound of the VCs while maintain great imaging and clarity. And, it can drive the Hifiman Susvara which I recently picked up. Between these 2 headphones, it covers all of the music I listen to. So happy with my decision to get the Rockwell.
I did have the LTA MZ2, which I liked greatly and paired very well with the VC. I then upgraded to the MZ3 with high expectations. Sadly, there were a few issues with the unit and LTA's only EU distributor were less than ideal to deal with (though LTA themselves are excellent). So that didn't happen. But at some point I will likely buy the MZ3 again either direct from LTA or if they establish a different EU distributor.

The Rockwell does look excellent and I'm sure sounds excellent. For me, I need a slightly more compact amp which is less prone to attracting the attention of my toddler. That really means: MZ3, Woo WA7, or the MHA200 (though not with the dodgy volume issue). So, for now, I'm using the C9 on my TT2, which actually sounds very good with the VC. But I hope to try the Rockwell at some point.

Nov 26, 2021 at 5:14 AM Post #8,620 of 12,513
Coming in at 490g

PXL_20211126_091228618~2.jpg

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #8,621 of 12,513
Bad photo I know, but here are my VC's. Info below.

Wood: Olive
Weight: 549g with auteur pads
Density: 2700 lbf per wood-database.com

ao9jEQs.jpg

Nov 27, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #8,625 of 12,513
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back