ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Nov 25, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #8,596 of 12,513
Our QC is intense and we go through a bunch of rounds of it. I will also be posting a YouTube video on that.

Theres a lot being assumed here and a lack of insight into the way this headphone was being used to say we didn't QC the headphone and every headphone. This just is not the case. Extra QC was actually done because the headphone was sent back to us after being disassembled and reassembled by the owner.

This is very true. A good analogy would be with espresso machines. I own an expensive one, a lonindium espresso machine. It was expensive as hell, and I had to learn how to service it and check after it every couple months because it just needs maintenance. At one point I had to install new gaskets because the old ones got leaky. Was it a bit of effort and do I need to maintain the machine? Absolutely! Am I annoyed sometimes by it or feel like "I just don't have time for this?" yes!

But at the end of the day, the coffee it makes, and joy it brings me knowing that I know the ins and outs of my expensive espresso machine, and I know exactly how to tweak it to get the coffee I want being me a ton of joy.

Are there automatic coffee machines out there that make OK coffee for my subjective tastes? Absolutely.

We actually bought one of the machines for the office thinking it would be easier to maintain. I was totally wrong! Not only did all the functions and buttons confuse our staff, but when it broke, I had to wait for months for a part or repair. I ended up selling the machine for pennies on the dollar, and I was never able to fix it because the plastic part that broke was unavailable because of the pandemic.

With the lonindium I've had it for a few years now, and at times it's a hassle, but it makes better coffee than I've ever had and I know it will never fail because of the quality of parts. And when something goes awry I can fix it. I even have had service from the owner of the company because he cares about his machines.

This is very much how you can think about ZMF. And for those of you who aren't into this, not a problem! There's tons of automatic espresso machines out there!
As a half Italian, I ❤️ this ☕

Nov 25, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #8,597 of 12,513
@zach915m Apologise, I appear to have opened a bit of a can of worms with my comment.

To reiterate, I love my VCs! They are now my only pair of headphones as nothing else I owned or tried compared. I had a problem with a lack of thread lock on the rods and Zach helped me fix it at the time and has now committed to ensure thread locker is applied more consistently in the future. As always from ZMF great customer service!

Nov 25, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #8,598 of 12,513
@zach915m Apologise, I appear to have opened a bit of a can of worms with my comment.

To reiterate, I love my VCs! They are now my only pair of headphones as nothing else I owned or tried compared. I had a problem with a lack of thread lock on the rods and Zach helped me fix it at the time and has now committed to ensure thread locker is applied more consistently in the future. As always from ZMF great customer service!
Samesies, and not only that but the only other thing I've semi-seriously contemplated is.... another VC (or maybe a VO for when I move somewhere quieter)!

Nov 25, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #8,599 of 12,513
Theres a lot being assumed here and a lack of insight into the way this headphone was being used to say we didn't QC the headphone and every headphone. This just is not the case. Extra QC was actually done because the headphone was sent back to us after being disassembled and reassembled by the owner.

Hello Zach,

Sorry for jumping to conclusions too early, I thought that pointy fox received his headphones "brand new" in this condition.

The VC are still one of my favorite headphones ever, and I never had any major issues with all the other ZMF headphones I have owned in the last 4-5 years. And on top of that, your customer support team has always been great with me.

Happy Thanksgiving again

Nov 25, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #8,600 of 12,513
Our QC is intense and we go through a bunch of rounds of it. I will also be posting a YouTube video on that.

This is very true. A good analogy would be with espresso machines. I own an expensive one, a lonindium espresso machine. It was expensive as hell, and I had to learn how to service it and check after it every couple months because it just needs maintenance. At one point I had to install new gaskets because the old ones got leaky. Was it a bit of effort and do I need to maintain the machine? Absolutely! Am I annoyed sometimes by it or feel like "I just don't have time for this?" yes!

But at the end of the day, the coffee it makes, and joy it brings me knowing that I know the ins and outs of my expensive espresso machine, and I know exactly how to tweak it to get the coffee I want being me a ton of joy.

Are there automatic coffee machines out there that make OK coffee for my subjective tastes? Absolutely.

We actually bought one of the machines for the office thinking it would be easier to maintain. I was totally wrong! Not only did all the functions and buttons confuse our staff, but when it broke, I had to wait for months for a part or repair. I ended up selling the machine for pennies on the dollar, and I was never able to fix it because the plastic part that broke was unavailable because of the pandemic.

With the lonindium I've had it for a few years now, and at times it's a hassle, but it makes better coffee than I've ever had and I know it will never fail because of the quality of parts. And when something goes awry I can fix it. I even have had service from the owner of the company because he cares about his machines.

This is very much how you can think about ZMF. And for those of you who aren't into this, not a problem! There's tons of automatic espresso machines out there!
Ive been saving for a LR24! I was originally going to get a DE1Pro but decided against as I wanted a lever. Plus, the reparability factor pushed over to the Lonindium.

Nov 25, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #8,601 of 12,513
Ive been saving for a LR24! I was originally going to get a DE1Pro but decided against as I wanted a lever. Plus, the reparability factor pushed over to the Lonindium.
I have the version before the current one, I'm not sure what the exact differences are but Ive been very happy with it! Plus the wenge handles are cool.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Nov 25, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #8,602 of 12,513
What pads are best for rock with the VC? I want dynamics, slam, and a more aggressive sound. What pad would be closest to this?

Nov 25, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #8,605 of 12,513
Nov 25, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #8,607 of 12,513
Nov 25, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #8,610 of 12,513
It's a very good guide, but be mindful that we all have different tastes, different ears, different setups, etc. The VC can almost sound like a different headphones when you are experimenting with all the different pads options.
I have to start somewhere. It was very beneficial. I just ordered mine yesterday so just trying to get an idea on where to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back