ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 27, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #7,921 of 12,512
Exactly my experience with all the pads that I tried for now. Especially the comfort is not to be neglected. I've put the Auteur lambskin back on to compare something and don't feel nowhere near as nice as the hybrids and get sticky fast when it's warm out. How are te BE2 btw? On the pad-chart from ZMF they seem to be on the brighter side. I have a pair here but didn't get around trying them out yet and since I like the current sound so much I doubt they are my cup of tea.
I have only tried BE2 pads solid lambskin and they are for someone who wants bright sound signature with more intimate listening experience. It does have soundstage and bass in between Universe lambskin solid and Auteur Solid lambskin. Ears being close to driver, they do feel that they slam harder compared to other pads. To me, it seems like it has some character of both universe and Auteur. Intimate but bit of soundstage, slam hard, good bass ( not to the extent of Universe), bit close to neutral sounding hence doesn’t sound ‘muddy’ or as dense like universe to my ears. I am waiting for universe hybrid solid. I usually listen to BE2 pads for Edm and pop where you don’t need much soundstage and need it to slam hard. I find universe pads to bit thick sounding in general. Hence preference of BE2 pads for those genres. For acoustic amd orchestra, classical, I use primarily Auteur hybrid as they have the best separation and staging. It can be used for pop, Edm as well as it has just a tad little bass than Universe. But for pop and EDM, i prefer bit intimate sound. Hence I usually use BE2 for that.

Has anyone tried Universe Hybrid Solid Lambskin?

Sep 27, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #7,922 of 12,512
Has anyone tried Universe Hybrid Solid Lambskin?

Yes I believe quite a few of us actually like universe hybrid the most along with the auteur hybrid. Universe hybrid slam harder with more energy, more engaging. It is a more 'fun' sounding compared to auteur hybrid which is more laid back but does everything else a tad better (soundstage, imaging, clarity).

Sep 27, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #7,923 of 12,512
Yes I believe quite a few of us actually like universe hybrid the most along with the auteur hybrid. Universe hybrid slam harder with more energy, more engaging. It is a more 'fun' sounding compared to auteur hybrid which is more laid back but does everything else a tad better (soundstage, imaging, clarity).
Seems Like universe hybrid will be my best.

Sep 27, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #7,925 of 12,512
Has anyone have any experience with Silver cable or silver plated copper cable with VC ?
I run my VC with a Norne Silvergrade S4 and it sounds excellent. Silver cables really accentuate the mids of VC ever so slightly. Other than that, I dont hear any differences between the S4 and my zmf 2k copper cable

Sep 27, 2021 at 11:52 PM Post #7,926 of 12,512
Any tube amp suggestions for the VC? I can stretch my budget to 1k but it's optimum for below 600usd, was thinking about the xduoo ta26 but not sure if its good enough as a darkvoice upgrade
I haven’t tried it, but the Hagerman Tuba is close to your target price and seems to have enthusiastic reviews. If anybody here has experience with it, please feel free to share.

Note that the selectable output impedance in hi mode is lower than that in some other tube amps.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #7,928 of 12,512
yes. very small yet noticeable amount. It brings more layers to the mids and more clean/less veiled.

Sep 28, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #7,930 of 12,512
Hello All,

New to the forum and I thought I would post pictures of my Verite Closed set which were from ZMF November last year- "Eye of the Tempest" is the set's name. These are my favorite headphones I own with the Verite Open (African Blackwood) coming in a close second place:

image0 (4).jpeg

image0 (5).jpeg

Sep 28, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #7,931 of 12,512
Hello All,

New to the forum and I thought I would post pictures of my Verite Closed set which were from ZMF November last year- "Eye of the Tempest" is the set's name. These are my favorite headphones I own with the Verite Open (African Blackwood) coming in a close second place:

image0 (4).jpeg
image0 (5).jpeg
Wow, those are both stunning! Congratulations! Care to share your impressions of how they both sound?

Sep 28, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #7,932 of 12,512
Hello All,

image0 (4).jpeg
image0 (5).jpeg
This is just the last drop. I'm quitting this thread until I grab mine.
@zach915m Can you push November up ?

Sep 28, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #7,933 of 12,512
Hello All,

image0 (4).jpeg
image0 (5).jpeg
Whoa, those are amazing!

Sep 28, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #7,934 of 12,512
Hello All,

image0 (4).jpeg
image0 (5).jpeg
Sick, they are very gorgeous!

Sep 28, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #7,935 of 12,512
I haven’t tried it, but the Hagerman Tuba is close to your target price and seems to have enthusiastic reviews. If anybody here has experience with it, please feel free to share.

Note that the selectable output impedance in hi mode is lower than that in some other tube amps.
I certainly enjoyed mine before I got the Pendant. Get some NOS Amperex EL84 tubes in there and it's spectacular for the price. It has a way of making the mids a bit more forward which works great with the Verites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back