ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 28, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #7,936 of 12,461
Hello All,

New to the forum and I thought I would post pictures of my Verite Closed set which were from ZMF November last year- "Eye of the Tempest" is the set's name. These are my favorite headphones I own with the Verite Open (African Blackwood) coming in a close second place:

image0 (4).jpeg
image0 (5).jpeg
Looks great! Can't wait for my set to arrive!!

Sep 28, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #7,937 of 12,461
Working late at home tonight means longer VC sessions. Have a newborn so what a great way to "getaway" while she sleeps!

Sep 28, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #7,938 of 12,461
Any tube amp suggestions for the VC? I can stretch my budget to 1k but it's optimum for below 600usd, was thinking about the xduoo ta26 but not sure if its good enough as a darkvoice upgrade
I swear by the combination of Schiit Valhalla + Verite. There's a synergy you really don't expect until you hear it for yourself.

Sep 29, 2021 at 1:24 AM Post #7,939 of 12,461
I was contemplating putting my VC up for sale for various reasons and then this happened.

IMG-20210928-WA0003.jpg

Somehow plugging the VC into this combination made them come to life like never before.

The Xduoo05 Plus is modded with a Burson V5i opamp. The sheer clarity and bass of the Hugo2 combined with the smooth and musical V5i is a match made in heaven.

The (already great) stage on the VC was significantly improved and the smooth sound signature scaled a lot. Can't wait to hear it with a tube amp!

The VC is staying with me for a bit longer. Very happy I managed to get this kind of quality from a portable setup.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #7,940 of 12,461
Two things kids should learn about early:

good headphones and power tools

Dad Photoshops His Kids Into Dangerous Situations To Freak Out Mom At Work.png

Sep 29, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #7,943 of 12,461
My VCs (the Raava) arrived! Pardon the terrible photos:

0929211102.jpg

0929211106.jpg

0929211106_HDR.jpg

They are far more beautiful than I can capture in pics. Zach and his team are equally skilled at audio and art.

They've burned in for all of 20 minutes, but I already love them. My RAAL-Requisite SR1a's exude exceptional quality with a very industrial and utilitarian vibe. The VCs exude exceptional quality with a very luxurious vibe--both in appearance and sound. SR1a and VC are great compliments.

Right now, I am driving the VCs with the RAAL HSA-1b. I have my eye on a ZMF Pendant SE, though, to be my first foray into tube amps.

Thanks for all the helpful advice and input everyone here provides!

Sep 29, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #7,944 of 12,461

0929211102.jpg
0929211106.jpg

0929211106_HDR.jpg

They are far more beautiful than I can capture in pics. Zach and his team are equally skilled at audio and art.

They've burned in for all of 20 minutes, but I already love them. My RAAL-Requisite SR1a's exude exceptional quality with a very industrial and utilitarian vibe. The VCs exude exceptional quality with a very luxurious vibe--both in appearance and sound. SR1a and VC are great compliments.

Right now, I am driving the VCs with the RAAL HSA-1b. I have my eye on a ZMF Pendant SE, though, to be my first foray into tube amps.

The Raava! That was in my top 3 to try for. Thanks for the great photos. Congrats!!

Sep 29, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #7,945 of 12,461

0929211102.jpg
0929211106.jpg

0929211106_HDR.jpg

Wow really a beautiful set you got there. Already loved this pair when I saw it in the stabilized lineup in the last drop. Congratulations and enjoy.
Since I got my pair I hardly touched any of my other headphones. They just make me not wanting to stop listening to music :beyersmile:

Sep 29, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #7,946 of 12,461

0929211102.jpg
0929211106.jpg

0929211106_HDR.jpg

Wow, they are beautiful.

Congrats and welcome to the club :wink:

Sep 29, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #7,947 of 12,461

0929211102.jpg
0929211106.jpg

0929211106_HDR.jpg

Congrats!!! They look fantastic! My pair should arrive tomorrow!!! Super excited!!!

Sep 29, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #7,948 of 12,461
Do the maple burl VC sound different with normal sapele VC?
Google "janka scale".

The higher the janka rating is means the harder it is. A low ranking on the janka scale means its a soft wood.

Cups made from soft wood have more decay, in other words the longer a note or drum strike lingers. Sometimes referred to as "romantic" sounding. Dont ask me why.
Cups made from hard wood tend to hit slightly harder and have a faster decay.

Zach has said that stabilized sets react similarly to hard woods sound wise.

EDIT: The differences are not huge. When doing an a/b you can hear a difference, but it def is not night/day. ZMF has stated that you should most likely choose a wood type based upon what appeals to you visually.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2021 at 12:01 AM Post #7,949 of 12,461
Any tube amp suggestions for the VC? I can stretch my budget to 1k but it's optimum for below 600usd, was thinking about the xduoo ta26 but not sure if its good enough as a darkvoice upgrade
I second the recommendation of the Quicksilver Headphone Amp which is right at the top of your price range. That being said, if you get lucky enough to find an SW51+ for around $400, then don’t hesitate to grab one to pair with your VC. I highly recommend it as the king of bang-for-the-buck tube amps.

I have both of these, and I can honestly say the Quicksilver is worth the extra cash, especially if you also plan to invest in some quality vintage tubes. I’m not looking to upgrade from my current setup any time soon.

I actually feel guilty that my SW51+ gets so little use! The best complement I can say about the SW51+ is that if I had gotten it first, I probably wouldn’t have felt the need to buy the Quicksilver. The wait time was so long that I couldn’t resist investing in a nice tube amp for my VC’s while it was being built. Now I’m stuck with two great tube amps. Woe is me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back