ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Aug 28, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #7,426 of 12,586
The driver impedance is too high for cables to make an audible difference, so decide based on looks/feel and not sound claims.

Aug 28, 2021 at 11:41 PM Post #7,427 of 12,586
The driver impedance is too high for cables to make an audible difference, so decide based on looks/feel and not sound claims.

gif-eating-popcorn-9.gif

Aug 29, 2021 at 2:16 AM Post #7,429 of 12,586
Finally got mine! Took some pictures with my other gears :)
_DSC4998-2.jpg
_DSC4989_small.jpg

Aug 29, 2021 at 3:30 AM Post #7,432 of 12,586
@Aquileolus
Congratulations to your new VC. They look fantastic! We seem to have a similar headphone-taste. My over-ear collection is also VC, Arya & Clear...

Are you happy with the Soloist? Looking for an amp for all of them. TY
Thanks!
Yeah, I like Soloist very much, I think they are the best SS amp at their price range, and they sound warm and smooth, I even made mistakes when I did blind test between Soloist and my Euforia (with stock tubes), all my headphones sound great on it

Aug 29, 2021 at 3:46 AM Post #7,433 of 12,586
Thank you very much, that sounds good. :)

After a week or so with the VC I have zero regrets with regards to the sound. Before that, my Arya was by far my number one, but the VCs with their punch and warmth really really complements it perfectly. It`s pure joy to listen to them and there are tuned so good that there's no EQ required at all. My only concern is in the weight and comfort department. While the Aryas never touch my ears and are much lighter, the VCs are a bit on the heavy side and the thicker Auteur pads are the only ones that I can use (too much ear contact with the Universe pads). Just ordered the Auteur Hybrids for a better feeling on the skin.

Would be interested how you experience the differences to the Arya.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2021 at 7:04 AM Post #7,434 of 12,586
Finally got mine! Took some pictures with my other gears :)
_DSC4998-2.jpg_DSC4989_small.jpg
Simply lovely! I see quite a few VC owners also kept their Aeolus, it makes me wonder if I should grab a pair.. It is not like I feel the need to compliment VC to cater for different genres, but will the aeolus get the same attention with VC's present? And actually I am equally interested in focal clear and arya.. In fact, I am quite interested with all your gears ha-ha..

Aug 29, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #7,435 of 12,586
Simply lovely! I see quite a few VC owners also kept their Aeolus, it makes me wonder if I should grab a pair.. It is not like I feel the need to compliment VC to cater for different genres, but will the aeolus get the same attention with VC's present? And actually I am equally interested in focal clear and arya.. In fact, I am quite interested with all your gears ha-ha..
Arya is a great complementary contrast with Verite. Where Verite is warm and smooth, Arya is sparkly and open. But Arya still brings the soundstage width & depth as well as the bass that Verite is so good at (Arya isn't warm, but its bass extends perfectly flat all the way down, so it's something of a surprising bass monster)

Aug 29, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #7,436 of 12,586
Bass monster? I had an Arya and HD800S at the same time and was disappointed by the Arya's lack of bass impact compared to the HD800S.

Aug 29, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #7,437 of 12,586
Bass monster? I had an Arya and HD800S at the same time and was disappointed by the Arya's lack of bass impact compared to the HD800S.
I said "bass", I didn't say "impact". These are not the same thing.

Aug 29, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #7,438 of 12,586
@chrisnyc75 , you nailed it 100%. Both are fantastic on their own. Right now I`m listening to Max Richter with the Aryas and the large stage for such orchestral music is a real benefit and it`s totally OK to virtually sit a few rows further back in the concert. Before I listened to the MTV Live Recording of Claptons Old Love for example and here I did enjoy the Verite a lot because it made me feel like sitting in the front row and being very close to to scene.

@PointyFox: The bass on the Arya extends almost ruler-flat down to 20Hz. See Oratorys measurements: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nu2bf4le1k87n5v/Hifiman Arya.pdf?dl=0
I apply a 6db low-shelf filter on the Aryas; it takes it easily! With the VCs this is not really needed. Maybe because it has this "heft" to it the Arya lacks a bit.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #7,439 of 12,586
Thank you very much, that sounds good. :)

After a week or so with the VC I have zero regrets with regards to the sound. Before that, my Arya was by far my number one, but the VCs with their punch and warmth really really complements it perfectly. It`s pure joy to listen to them and there are tuned so good that there's no EQ required at all. My only concern is in the weight and comfort department. While the Aryas never touch my ears and are much lighter, the VCs are a bit on the heavy side and the thicker Auteur pads are the only ones that I can use (too much ear contact with the Universe pads). Just ordered the Auteur Hybrids for a better feeling on the skin.

Would be interested how you experience the differences to the Arya.
I usually use Arya with my SS amps like Burson Soloist, and use VC on the tube amp, the sound are entirely different, I would say Arya is the most different headphones from VC within my collection. VC is warmer and more dynamic, and Arya is just sound so wide and open, I can't say which is better because I love both and choose depends on my mood :)

Aug 29, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #7,440 of 12,586
Hi, I purchased the Aeolus from a fellow here during my long waiting for VC to be made, the plan was to sell Aeolus after receive VC, but now I think I might change my mind, as they sounds quite differently, not as different as Arya vs VC, but Aeolus is just more relaxing and handle bad recording much better, more tolerant to sibilant compare to VC, and both Aeolus and VC pairs well with the tubes. My original plan was to have two audio chains and keep two headphones, Arya and VC was supposed to be the ones I keep, but now after I comparing 4 of them, the decision become so much harder than I expected... I feel each of them shines in their own way, so I might postpone the plan at least for a few months...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back