ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Aug 28, 2021 at 2:03 AM Post #7,411 of 12,527
Have you tried another pair of headphones or earphones to verify it’s not elsewhere in your audio chain?

You were right. Thank you! Plugged in a different set of headphones and still heard the same issue. Turns out the problem is with my amplifier. If I set the volume too high on high gain (I try to keep the Windows volume lower to prevent audio clipping), that's when the background static appears in quiet tracks/short sounds.

Aug 28, 2021 at 2:40 AM Post #7,412 of 12,527
You were right. Thank you! Plugged in a different set of headphones and still heard the same issue. Turns out the problem is with my amplifier. If I set the volume too high on high gain (I try to keep the Windows volume lower to prevent audio clipping), that's when the background static appears in quiet tracks/short sounds.
I had a very similar issue with my Schiit Mjolnir 2 and managed to fix it by disconnecting all the cables in my system and rerunning them with the power and signal cables separated by about 5cm.

Aug 28, 2021 at 3:29 AM Post #7,413 of 12,527
Anyone tried Verite C with Schiit Ragnarok? There’s a first gen Ragnarok for sale locally at a nice price.

All olive sets ordered direct are in final assembly FYI, will update email soon.

Is this also the case for Olives ordered through dealers? I ordered a set in late May through a local dealer.

Aug 28, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #7,414 of 12,527
My VC left America on Wednesday and arrived today in Germany, Cologne.
If all goes well, he'll be with me on Monday :)

Aug 28, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #7,415 of 12,527
Finally received my VC Olive today!
Could not be happier - these are unlike anything I’ve ever heard. Now going through my favorites and re-discovering my library with these!
8AFA7964-EFAE-48EC-ADD3-2D47ED7BF34B.jpeg
Gorgeous....congrats.
Great choice of rods they look great with that wood.

I have been drooling over some pics of the aged copper rods, trying to visualize if they would look nice on my stabilized VC.

Enjoy the music :)

Aug 28, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #7,416 of 12,527
Has anyone paired their VC with Fiio M15? Curious if they pair well together or not :)

I Just ordered a VC and I'm really excited. Ordered the wywires Platinum cable as well. I travel alot so currently my portable amp/dacs are the Fiio m15 and dethonrey honey H1 (more power but not as resolving as m15). Also considering the woo wa8 however I'm a little hesitant.
I don’t have an M15 but I do have an M11 Pro. The M11 didn’t really do it for the VC. It just isn’t able to give the VC the dynamics my desktop amps deliver. If I am traveling and I want to take my good headphones I usually take my Auteurs which seem to work a lot better with the M11

Aug 28, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #7,417 of 12,527
Zach, i'm still holding out hope you'll make an exotic wood storage box for your pads like this. each drawer can hold a pair, and labels can be added to the front for easy reference. my vote for wood choices would be burnt ash, cocobolo, bocote, and blackwood. come on @zach915m make it! :wink:1629232125551.png
I found I had the same need. My solution was to make a couple boxes. I’m partial to cherry and maple so that’s what I used.

0E9F3DA6-864C-42F3-AFD5-827BE124D043.jpeg

Aug 28, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #7,418 of 12,527
I found I had the same need. My solution was to make a couple boxes. I’m partial to cherry and maple so that’s what I used.

0E9F3DA6-864C-42F3-AFD5-827BE124D043.jpeg
Gorgeous! If you want a nice little side business, I imagine you'll have plenty of takers!!

Aug 28, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #7,419 of 12,527
Finally received my VC Olive today!
Could not be happier - these are unlike anything I’ve ever heard. Now going through my favorites and re-discovering my library with these!
8AFA7964-EFAE-48EC-ADD3-2D47ED7BF34B.jpeg
Their new cable hardware has never looked better! Excellent with both the color of the wood and the bronze rods!

Aug 28, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #7,420 of 12,527
Just checked, and it looks like there is one left if you want to get one just like it: Boryk Olive Ash Stand

I highly recommend this guy. He does amazing work and his prices are surprisingly low.
There's literally always "only one left". lol Nonetheless, boryk does amazing work. I have 2.

Aug 28, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #7,421 of 12,527
Their new cable hardware has never looked better! Excellent with both the color of the wood and the bronze rods!

Yeah, I'm really tempted to buy the Verite silver cable with the coffee gold connectors, exactly as pictured. So pretty. But $500, wow =p Maybe for my birthday.

Aug 28, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #7,422 of 12,527
Yeah, I'm really tempted to buy the Verite silver cable with the coffee gold connectors, exactly as pictured. So pretty. But $500, wow =p Maybe for my birthday.
I recommend it highly. I'm not a big believer in headphone cables changing the sound of headphones, but the Verite silver cable is quite simply the most beautiful, softest, most luxurious cable I've ever encountered. It's quite literally hifi jewellery to complete what is already the most beautiful headphone in the world. I figured if you're gonna go endgame, go all the way - go big or go home. :darthsmile:

Aug 28, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #7,423 of 12,527
I recommend it highly. I'm not a big believer in headphone cables changing the sound of headphones, but the Verite silver cable is quite simply the most beautiful, softest, most luxurious cable I've ever encountered. It's quite literally hifi jewellery to complete what is already the most beautiful headphone in the world. I figured if you're gonna go endgame, go all the way - go big or go home. :darthsmile:
Ugh you’re going to make me do it.

Aug 28, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #7,424 of 12,527
Ugh you’re going to make me do it.
If you were looking for people to talk you out of spending money on HiFi gear you came to the wrong place. 🤣LOL

Aug 28, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #7,425 of 12,527
My cable is actually the 4-strand Lektrik S, so a little cheaper than the Verite Silver. I never tried the Verite Silver, so no frame for comparison, but the Lektrik S feels great! I believe it’s only Silver-plated Copper though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back