ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Jul 7, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #6,766 of 12,524
@zach915m

Thank you, and thanks for letting me know about your VC's as well. Can you post a picture of your iron wood vc jacks? Does one port have a brass like ring around it and the other does not?
yes once the kiddos go to sleep i'll take a pic and check it more thoroughly. i need to get my flashlight to be sure on the brass ring, it didn't look like it but i've had it awhile now so it could be dirty/scuffed. I'll give it a closer look tonight and report back. i'll also check my Auteur and Aeolus as they're both very new and haven't had a lot of wear on the jacks, so discrepancies should be more telling on them.

EDIT - i should note on my VC, the right jack is much smoother than the left when inserting the cable. it was like that from the beginning. it snicks in smoothly and clicks, whereas the left side feels rough and tight, and i have to push semi-hard to get it to click.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #6,767 of 12,524
One has a brass ring around it while the other does not. While one is numbered and the other is not. The one with the brass ring has a more polished and shiny housing, the other a more flat and dull finish.
What do those look like with cables plugged into them?

Jul 7, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #6,768 of 12,524
Looks pretty good though

jtx69i.jpg

zklfmx.jpg

Jul 7, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #6,770 of 12,524
I'm pretty sure I was worried about an affect on the sound. If I'm not mistaken, it's even in the post "Not sure if something like that could affect sound". And after waiting three months, I shouldn't be able to ask to see if that is normal? That's ridiculous.
Woah, Tex. You're making a lot of hostile assumptions here.

I was curious, so I asked. I shouldn't be able to ask? That's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #6,774 of 12,524
You're seriously asking me if I can see the ports with the cables plugged in? How is that a serious question?
I think he meant the ring part thats visible with the connectors in.

Jul 7, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #6,775 of 12,524
You're seriously asking me if I can see the ports with the cables plugged in? How is that a serious question?
I'm asking if you can see a mismatch when the connectors are in. It's it apparent?

What is your problem man?

I can't tell if it's blatantly obvious or not from the photos you posted.

Jeebus.

Jul 7, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #6,776 of 12,524
I'm asking if you can see a mismatch when the connectors are in. It's it apparent?

What is your problem man?

I can't tell if it's blatantly obvious or not from the photos you posted.

Jeebus.
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. No, the connectors do not seem mismatched when plugged in. The connectors once plugged in seem level with each other. The only discrepancy is in the housing.

Jul 7, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #6,777 of 12,524
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. No, the connectors do not seem mismatched when plugged in. The connectors once plugged in seem level with each other. The only discrepancy is in the housing.
Ok. Thank you.

SMH

Jul 7, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #6,780 of 12,524
Thank you. They're brass.

On a side note, I do not like the sound of the Eikon suedes. Sounds too muddy and bloated. The Auteur lamb pads that come with the VC's are much better. I also have the Auteur hybrid (suede/lamb) and Universe lambskin pads that I'll be swapping around. They sound really good so far.
I’d say burn them into your ears before pad swapping to get used to the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back