ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Jul 4, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #6,736 of 12,524
I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on a monkey pod vc. I currently own a rebel amp hooked up to a hugo2. What easily obtainable amps/dacs that don’t cost a fortune go well with the vc. I’ve been considering other the vc or stellia for almost a year!

Resolve regularly recommends the Rebel amp, it'll pair great with a VC no worries.

Jul 4, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #6,737 of 12,524
Happy July 4th to the whole ZMF crew....you guys are rockin' it. :)

Jul 4, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #6,738 of 12,524
I am floored by how good these look. And the symmetry! These were 'Ash'? Was this a Limited run?
The initial prototypes for the VC (at least the ones that were on show prior to their availability) were in Ash and Monkeypod.

I fell in love with this look when I saw a picture of them at Canjam and put in a request for an Ash model. Super grateful to both Acorn Audio and Zach for facilitating the request and at pre-order price as well!

I had no doubt in my mind that they would look and sound stunning, so there was no “risk” involved by snapping them up before reviews were in circulation.

Jul 4, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #6,739 of 12,524
The initial prototypes for the VC (at least the ones that were on show prior to their availability) were in Ash and Monkeypod.

I fell in love with this look when I saw a picture of them at Canjam and put in a request for an Ash model. Super grateful to both Acorn Audio and Zach for facilitating the request and at pre-order price as well!

I had no doubt in my mind that they would look and sound stunning, so there was no “risk” involved by snapping them up before reviews were in circulation.
I'm a bit jealous. Haha. I'm optimistic about how my Olives will turn out but the Ash sets a new bar in terms of my style preferences.

Jul 4, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #6,740 of 12,524
Haha thank you. They’re extra special to me as there was some excitement to going all in without knowing exactly what was to be expected (in terms of character not quality), as well as not knowing for sure whether it would be possible to order them at all. Aamer from Acorn Audio also offered to deliver them personally as he was close by which was a surprise and a great pleasure.

It is a nice bonus that each and every set is unique to the owner - Olive is an excellent choice and I’m sure you’ll cherish it dearly once it arrives!

Jul 6, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #6,742 of 12,524
i have a vc coming later i am super excited to finally get my hands on it !
does anyone have a recommend for tube amps ? i am looking for something
around the range of the pendent or mogwai thanks !
I don’t think either Pendant or Mogwai would disappoint, but I can vouch for the Pendant SE, it’s pairs so well with ZMFs, but you are probably better off listening to someone who has tried more than one or two tube amps in that price range.

Jul 6, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #6,743 of 12,524
a 2nd for the Pendant, it is an absolutely magical pairing with the VO, and also reportedly with the VC. I've also heard other good reports about the DNA Starlett and offerings from Feliks though some rate them as too "tubey" as well as Decware, Glenn OTL amps and the McIntosh MHA200. All are likely worth looking into.

Jul 6, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #6,744 of 12,524
If you want to save some money, the Quicksilver Headphone Amp has been great with my VC’s. To be fair, I haven’t listened to any tube amps in the price range you’re considering.

Jul 6, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #6,745 of 12,524
Anyone here have experience with both Pendant and Sparkos Aries? I'm wondering how they compare.

Jul 6, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #6,746 of 12,524
Congrats on the VC! The Pendant SE and VC go together like PBJ. The speed and stage presentation of the amp and headphones combined is awesome. Synergy is everything in this hobby, and it's there in spades with this pairing.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #6,747 of 12,524
Alright an update on my glasses + VC and seal issue. From last time I noted the oakly tincup's were a no go plus uncomfortable.
I ordered prescription Gunnar Lightning bolt. It includes the nylon temple attachment. I've attached a picture with my VC in the background just to be more on topic :wink:

My first impressions are positive though it is really hard to test like you can glasses because I could just pull off my glasses to instantly compare sound changes.
I like to test out the song 'Lose Yourself to Dance' from Daft punk. It's a really good example of what you lose in terms of bass with the seal broken. I do not think I can detect any difference in sound on or off. Maybe just the slightest but I can't stress I do not think I can tell the difference. Another major positive is the clamp force which creates this great isolation isn't squeezing my glasses against my nose so comfort is increased a ton.

They have some moderate blue light filtering I guess. I like the warmth it kind of adds but I am not going to say it's a selling point for me.

so TLDR - I'm pretty happy and they are cheaper than contacts and the previously Oakley glasses I returned. Minimal seal breakage, retaining the bass quantity / quality I was missing on my other thick glasses.

Attachments

• IMG_1617.JPEG
    IMG_1617.JPEG
    893 KB · Views: 0
Jul 6, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #6,748 of 12,524
I just got the tracking number over the weekend. Mine is coming in within the next couple of days. Can't wait.

I'll be using a gs-x mini for my amplifier. Smooth like a tube amp but with the detail of solid state.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #6,749 of 12,524
I just got the tracking number over the weekend. Mine is coming in within the next couple of days. Can't wait.

I'll be using a gs-x mini for my amplifier. Smooth like a tube amp but with the detail of solid state.
Lucky, I hope I get my tracking this week, what shipping method did you choose?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back