ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Nov 2, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #3,902 of 12,513
I just upgraded my cable to a Plussound X8 with silver plated cooper, and am now running it with an additional X8 interconnect between my Paw 6000 and BX2 Plus balanced amp. I also changed pads to the BE2. The results are really very satisfying; tonally perfect, technically outstanding. The X8 also sounds excellent connected to my Hugo 2 using a Double Helix ultrashort 4.4mm to 6.35mm adaptor. My next step will be a TOTL solid state amp that retains the transparency of this set-up (probably the Sparkos Aries or the SPL Phonitor x). In any case, I very much recommend the BX2 Plus if you want to effectively run the VC in [trans]portable mode.

P1070764.jpg
Jamming Mercyful Fate! Love it.

Nov 2, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #3,904 of 12,513
Nov 2, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #3,905 of 12,513
I like their stuff, but their albums could def benefit from some tasteful remasters.
Yep, the production on those early MF albums along with King Diamond of that era is definitely a bit "thin" by modern metal standards (though I love the guitar tone). King Diamond's "Conspiracy" is where it comes together in terms of production.

Nov 2, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #3,906 of 12,513
Has anyone tried the ZMF Auteur Hybrid (non perf) pads on their VC? Any comparison/insight between that and stock Auteur Lambskin pads would be helpful.

Nov 2, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #3,907 of 12,513
My Camphor Burl with light mahogany stain arrived last night at 10:20pm. Who knew FedEx delivered that late? I didn't. Anyway, I've been playing music through them for about 14 hours now. They sound just as awesome as the monkey pod I will be selling. The burl are little heavier, but really noticeable on my head. Seems like the burl has a little more bass, especially at low volume and slightly less decay. This may change with more time on them. Other than that, they sound like VC's! I have a camphor burl Pendant coming too. Looks like it should be delivered tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the VC's can do with the amp specifically made for ZMF Headphones.
IMG_1938.jpeg
IMG_1943.jpeg
IMG_1944.jpeg

Nov 2, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #3,908 of 12,513
image.jpg

Nov 2, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #3,909 of 12,513
Nov 3, 2020 at 5:32 AM Post #3,910 of 12,513
My Camphor Burl with light mahogany stain arrived last night at 10:20pm. Who knew FedEx delivered that late? I didn't. Anyway, I've been playing music through them for about 14 hours now. They sound just as awesome as the monkey pod I will be selling. The burl are little heavier, but really noticeable on my head. Seems like the burl has a little more bass, especially at low volume and slightly less decay. This may change with more time on them. Other than that, they sound like VC's! I have a camphor burl Pendant coming too. Looks like it should be delivered tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the VC's can do with the amp specifically made for ZMF Headphones.IMG_1938.jpegIMG_1943.jpegIMG_1944.jpeg

Wow, that's gorgeous! Almost as pretty as my girlfriend. But, unlike my girlfriend, those headphones actually exist! :D

Nov 3, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #3,911 of 12,513
If anyone was wondering how much it costs to order a different colored chassis/rod, Bevin told me $250

Nov 3, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #3,913 of 12,513
Hard to compete with the stabalized wood pair above but my new VC Camphor Burl arrived today.
case.jpg

case 2.jpg
case 3.jpg
left.jpg
right.jpg
full.jpg

I am not a great photographer, and as everyone has said before, pictures do not truly do the headphones justice. I love the feel of the burl cups, you can feel the very slight imperfections in the wood which gives them tremendous character and lets the natural beauty of the wood truly shine. Build quality is outstanding.

I have only listened to a few songs, plugged them in right out of the case, and all I can say is wow! For reference my current closed back headphone I am comparing them to is the Sony MDR1Z and these are on a totally different level. Large soundstage, very detailed, good bass slam, and a nice warmth to the music thru my Sonnet Morpheus DAC and Focal Arche amp. Stevie Ray Vaughn’s Tin Pan Alley is one of my audition songs and it sounded exquisite. I spent all day working and listening to the Sony’s, which I like a lot, but they may show up in the classifieds if the VCs improve with burn in. Let me get some burn in time on them and I will give a proper review. Time to get back to listening. :gs1000smile:

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #3,914 of 12,513
My camphor burl Pendant arrived today to complement the new VC's. Unbelievable! What a difference and huge step up from the Liquid Platinum. The Pendant just has such control over the drivers. I thought the VC's sounded great before, but the Pendant just brings them to another level.
IMG_1950.jpeg

Nov 3, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #3,915 of 12,513
My camphor burl Pendant arrived today to complement the new VC's. Unbelievable! What a difference and huge step up from the Liquid Platinum. The Pendant just has such control over the drivers. I thought the VC's sounded great before, but the Pendant just brings them to another level.IMG_1950.jpeg
Beautiful combo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back