ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Aug 28, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #3,466 of 12,549
Zach emailed me saying they're coming out soon.

Holy, I was about to place a camphor burl vc order in a few days. This is great to hear. Stabilized maple burl’s the blue one that was floating around here before right?

Aug 28, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #3,467 of 12,549
Holy, I was about to place a camphor burl vc order in a few days. This is great to hear. Stabilized maple burl’s the blue one that was floating around here before right?
Yeah along with the purple-and-gold one. they look so good too

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 0
Aug 28, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #3,468 of 12,549
Yeah along with the purple-and-gold one. they look so good too

:astonished: Those just might be the most gorgeous pair of cans I've yet to see. I'm definitely holding back on that purchase button until those are up for sale.

Thanks for sharing this information.

Aug 28, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #3,469 of 12,549
If I do buy a VC, my only glaring issue with them would probably be the weight. I own a Verum 1 (470g) and can't wear them for more than 2 hours of gaming or listening to music without my neck getting sore
Weight is also a concern of mine. I didn't want weight dictating which wood I had to get, so I opted to get the co-pilot with my VC leopardwood. It works great. It really does make the headphones feel weightless while your wearing them.
Usual disclaimer : YMMV :k701smile:

Aug 28, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #3,470 of 12,549
Forum lurker here, going straight to summit-fi. I almost bought the Camphor burl VC's but the upcoming stabilised maple burls look even more amazing. Plus people saying they prefer the lesser-priced Auteur's/other ZMF dynamics made me hold off on the purchase. Seems that sound preference of the individual really is important.

If I do buy a VC, my only glaring issue with them would probably be the weight. I own a Verum 1 (470g) and can't wear them for more than 2 hours of gaming or listening to music without my neck getting sore while I can use my Senny 58x all day. Would weight distribution really help? I mean, the neck gets all the weight of the headphones regardless of good weight distribution/design, and is something that can't be bypassed.

If you're concerned about weight, stabilized wood is definitely not for you, as it's heavier. I'm also pretty weight sensitive (returned several Audeze headphones due to weight) and ended up holding off on the leopardwood for that very reason. I did order the Camphor Burl which is the lightest ltd VC to date (MP is identical in weight). I haven't received them yet but I don't anticipate I will find them uncomfortable.

Aug 28, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #3,471 of 12,549
Wait, maple burl is up next for VC? Do you have a source?

To be specific, my understanding is that the stabilized woods aren't the next "LTD" run so much as they're going to each be limited one off headphones. Every single pair I've seen a picture of has looked fairly unique. So I think it will be more like they'll make X number of stabilized wood VCs and then list the built ones. Once bought, that listing will come down as that specific one is off to a lucky new owner, as opposed to the regular setup of going on the build list.

Someone else, feel free to keep me honest here.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #3,472 of 12,549
To be specific, my understanding is that the stabilized woods aren't the next "LTD" run so much as they're going to each be limited one off headphones. Every single pair I've seen a picture of has looked fairly unique. So I think it will be more like they'll make X number of stabilized wood VCs and then list the built ones. Once, that listing will come down as that specific one is off to a lucky new owner, as opposed to the regular setup of going on the build list.

Interesting. I'd love to get more information on the pricing as well as the announcement of such a run. I don't think I came across anything on the ZMF website. Thanks for sharing.

Aug 28, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #3,473 of 12,549
Interesting. I'd love to get more information on the pricing as well as the announcement of such a run. I don't think I came across anything on the ZMF website. Thanks for sharing.

So this is a wild guess on my part based on UK pricing, but someone posted this earlier in the thread:

https://www.acornaudio.co.uk/shop/zmf-verite-c-ltd-stabilised-maple-burl

Granted, the pricing is in pounds but if the stabilized wood is listed here at 2,999 pounds, and the VC Camphor Burl are listed at 2,599 pounds, I'm going to assume the stabilized wood VCs are going to run in the 3k USD range given that CB VCs are 2,699 USD. Having said that, I'm basing this entirely on the numbers alone being relatively close to each other despite the obvious lack of monetary correlation due to currency conversion.

Aug 28, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #3,474 of 12,549
Weight is also a concern of mine. I didn't want weight dictating which wood I had to get, so I opted to get the co-pilot with my VC leopardwood. It works great. It really does make the headphones feel weightless while your wearing them.
Usual disclaimer : YMMV :k701smile:
ZMF headphones are probably next level comfortable, from what I've gathered. Guess I'll find out when I get my hands on one.
If you're concerned about weight, stabilized wood is definitely not for you, as it's heavier. I'm also pretty weight sensitive (returned several Audeze headphones due to weight) and ended up holding off on the leopardwood for that very reason. I did order the Camphor Burl which is the lightest ltd VC to date (MP is identical in weight). I haven't received them yet but I don't anticipate I will find them uncomfortable.
Hoping they're not too heavy (<600g is my absolute limit) as I'm determined to make this my summit-fi. They look good and probably sound better

Aug 28, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #3,476 of 12,549
ZMF headphones are probably next level comfortable, from what I've gathered. Guess I'll find out when I get my hands on one.

Hoping they're not too heavy (<600g is my absolute limit) as I'm determined to make this my summit-fi. They look good and probably sound better

Honestly, I think ZMF cans have one of the best "ergonomics" of headphones.

I wear my Cocobolo VO for a much more extended period than any other headphones due to how my headbands have been molded to the shape of my head, creating a fantastic weight distribution.

Zach has a video on how to adjust the headband to fit your head perfectly:

Aug 28, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #3,477 of 12,549
Helpful video. Thanks for posting.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #3,478 of 12,549
Zach: The Pilot and Copilot pads are intended to be installed directly over the steel headband, with removal of the flexible band. Is that correct?

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2020 at 12:03 AM Post #3,479 of 12,549
Zach emailed me saying they're coming out soon.
To be specific, my understanding is that the stabilized woods aren't the next "LTD" run so much as they're going to each be limited one off headphones. Every single pair I've seen a picture of has looked fairly unique. So I think it will be more like they'll make X number of stabilized wood VCs and then list the built ones. Once bought, that listing will come down as that specific one is off to a lucky new owner, as opposed to the regular setup of going on the build list.

Just a quick note on the stabilized woods. We will indeed be selling them one by one when we come out with them - none of them will be "made to order" they will all be sold a-la-carte and pictured on the website so you know exactly what you're getting.

I had originally planned on releasing them around now, but we have struggled to keep up with demand while staying appropriately physically distanced to keep our staff safe.

The good news is we just moved into our new work-shop, I will post pictures and video soon-ish to show it off, it's going to be a much more comfortable, safe and exciting place to work and it will help us get headphones out the door much faster.

Due to wanting to get caught up before jumping ahead and releasing a bunch of Stabilized sets, we are going to fulfill our current stabilized orders to dealers and the orders we got from a few people who ordered them after seeing them at a couple shows earlier in the year, but then we will wait to release them until we are caught up with other V Closed orders. I estimate the stabilized sets will be released in Oct or Nov.

I apologize for the wait on them, and I'm really flattered by all the attention and love the V Closed has gotten this year, I'm really humbled and flattered that so many of you enjoy it, I can't wait to get more of them made to the current future owners on our wait list.

For those wanting a Stabilized set in EU, Acorn audio has one up on their site already, and two more on the way which should be posted next week, they are all stunning sets.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back