ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Aug 25, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #3,451 of 12,549
ZMF website now has lots of photos of the VC in camphor burl, unless you're looking for additional images. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive but the photos on their site are stunning.

The lighting on the photos from the website looked a little too good, so I wanted to see if it actually looks like that under anyone’s possession. I’m guessing not a lot of people have gotten theirs yet!

Aug 25, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #3,452 of 12,549
https://www.acornaudio.co.uk/shop/zmf-verite-c-ltd-stabilised-maple-burl
2020-08-24+18.56.23.jpg
:deadhorse: no no no self, those are $5,195.50 cdn plus the cost of MirrorS because at that price it would need to be mirrorS!!

Aug 25, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #3,453 of 12,549
The lighting on the photos from the website looked a little too good, so I wanted to see if it actually looks like that under anyone’s possession. I’m guessing not a lot of people have gotten theirs yet!

I'm also seeing demonic faces in most of the patterns, which I hope I still see in real life because it's amazing. Or maybe I'm just crazy :smile:

Aug 25, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #3,454 of 12,549
I'm also seeing demonic faces in most of the patterns, which I hope I still see in real life because it's amazing. Or maybe I'm just crazy :smile:

Oh yeah. The burl patter on it has a rather sinister look to it. I was really hoping for someone to post a "real life" picture haha

Aug 26, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #3,455 of 12,549
this is a bad logic

My car ourside
1598384647096.png
or my car outside:
1598384686790.png

I would go for the second one, even if I am sitting INSIDE...but yeah...
The FIAT Multipla was ahead of its time!

Aug 27, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #3,456 of 12,549
I recently picked up a ZMF 2k copper cable and I'm super impressed. I found the 2k to be a nice upgrade coming from the OFC. On my system I've noticed a slight improvement in resolution. Certain drum sounds come into focus better and the bass tightened up a little. It's subtle, but I'm finding that I can turn the volume up just a bit more without adding distortion or discomfort. It sounds relaxed and natural, which I think is pretty impressive. It's also very flexible and the connectors are super easy to work with. I'm probably spending 90% of my listening time lately with the VC / GSX Mini using the balanced output, and this cable seems to be a perfect match. It sounds great with the Pendant too (using the 2k adapter), but I've noticed the biggest difference with the Mini.

These days I just don't think about equipment much at all... Just plug the VC in and start listening. It's really a great headphone.

Aug 27, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #3,457 of 12,549
it looks like denser woods have increased speed and impact, while sofer ones have longer decay and natural resonance.

I'd add to this: even the (lightweight, non-dense) Monkeypod VC already has more speed and impact than many headphones, so I'd advise new buyers not to feel like they need a denser wood to get adequate speed/impact. It's definitely not a mushy, blurred or soft sound, even in the standard VC.

Aug 27, 2020 at 11:45 PM Post #3,458 of 12,549
'd add to this: even the (lightweight, non-dense) Monkeypod VC already has more speed and impact than many headphones, so I'd advise new buyers not to feel like they need a denser wood to get adequate speed/impact. It's definitely not a mushy, blurred or soft sound, even in the standard VC.
I think the morale in all this, is chose whatever wood suits you aesthetically, the sonic differences are marginal between the woods. I got leopardwood but I absolutely love those spots poppin off the page. I know at the core all ZMF verite C are the same. I hope that helps

Aug 28, 2020 at 2:25 AM Post #3,460 of 12,549
I'm serious. By all means, test it, if you have a ZMF Verite C go give Patience a cover by Chris Cornell a listen, and tell me it isn't absolutely sublime on the Verite C. Enjoy :L3000::L3000: no matter what your headphone wood you have. It's absolute bliss. Now when you consider I'm only listening on a Mayflower O2 amp/dac the mind really does boggle at how good these headphones can be with the right amp and dac feeding it. Say a Blue Halo OTL amp by 1101 Audio @A2029 (Mischa) and a dac by Nicolae Jitariu Rockna Wavelight I think you no longer have to book a plane flight to take a exotic retreat lol

Aug 28, 2020 at 3:57 AM Post #3,461 of 12,549
Forum lurker here, going straight to summit-fi. I almost bought the Camphor burl VC's but the upcoming stabilised maple burls look even more amazing. Plus people saying they prefer the lesser-priced Auteur's/other ZMF dynamics made me hold off on the purchase. Seems that sound preference of the individual really is important.

If I do buy a VC, my only glaring issue with them would probably be the weight. I own a Verum 1 (470g) and can't wear them for more than 2 hours of gaming or listening to music without my neck getting sore while I can use my Senny 58x all day. Would weight distribution really help? I mean, the neck gets all the weight of the headphones regardless of good weight distribution/design, and is something that can't be bypassed.

Aug 28, 2020 at 4:08 AM Post #3,462 of 12,549
Forum lurker here, going straight to summit-fi. I almost bought the Camphor burl VC's but the upcoming stabilised maple burls look even more amazing. Plus people saying they prefer the lesser-priced Auteur's/other ZMF dynamics made me hold off on the purchase. Seems that sound preference of the individual really is important.

If I do buy a VC, my only glaring issue with them would probably be the weight. I own a Verum 1 (470g) and can't wear them for more than 2 hours of gaming or listening to music without my neck getting sore while I can use my Senny 58x all day. Would weight distribution really help? I mean, the neck gets all the weight of the headphones regardless of good weight distribution/design, and is something that can't be bypassed.
I had the 800S (ridiculously light) and the Nightowl (supposed to be one of the most comfortable headphones ever made) and I would put the comfort of the VC above both, particularly with the pilot pad. Even in my hands, for their size, they feel really light.

I tend to feel the difference in weight only in an immediate swap over but once I start listening that’s all forgotten and by the end of my session or work day I realise I’ve happily worn them without adjusting around hotspots, or neck fatigue.

Aug 28, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #3,463 of 12,549

Weight (and more importantly IMO weight distribution) is an individual thing I think. I had problems with plenty of light headphone, and a couple of heavy ones in my time. ZMFs I never had a problem with, the distribution is just right for me. It never "disappears on the head", but it's never a bother. Obviously YMMV.

Aug 28, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #3,464 of 12,549

Wait, maple burl is up next for VC? Do you have a source?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back