ZMF Spring Limiteds, CanJam NYC and Estimated Release Schedule for Caldera Closed and BOKEH Open!
Apr 19, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #271 of 313
Ok, question(s) for the process.... I see all of these amazing pictures of headphones. I'm assuming these pictures are of headphones you can put on your head and actually listen to music with. I just looked at the website and it looks like they have already been all snapped up. I also see a big note saying there is a long, multi-week leadtime. I don't get this. Are the pictures of one and only one headphone of that specific variant or are there multiples available for purchase? The note about leadtime suggests that you order what you want and ZMF builds it. BUT, the fact that nothing is currently "sitting on the shelf" seems to suggest these truly are one of a kind headphones.

Can someone please enlighten me? I really want to get a stabilized VC at some point, but I need to know if I have to be on the website at 08:59:59 when they go on sale at 09:00:00, or if I have a couple minutes to get logged in! Thank you.

And congrats to all those who snagged those beauties. I'm jealous!!
This is what I was told… directly from ZMF:

“Our team has been building headphones for the stabilized drop over the past few weeks for photos but these do still need to go through final quality control, final measurement and packing. Our small team works hard to ship these out in a timely manner, but this does take time and of course we want to make sure any current orders are being accounted for during this time as well. We are still coordinating the final details for the stabilized drop, but the shipping timelines are normally around 1-4 weeks.”

Hope this provides some clarity…

Apr 19, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #272 of 313
Atrium_Stabilized_Spring24_Shopify12_1080x.jpg

Man, I feel like that grumpy 'get off my lawn' kind of guy that just want my PC with no stupid RGB and my headphone in plain ol' wood that haven't been drenched in colorful plastics. And boy am I feeling seen with the gorgeous Marblecake walnut option that I managed to order today.

Apr 19, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #273 of 313
Man, I feel like that grumpy 'get off my lawn' kind of guy that just want my PC with no stupid RGB and my headphone in plain ol' wood that haven't been drenched in colorful plastics. And boy am I feeling seen with the gorgeous Marblecake walnut option that I managed to order today.
LOL!!!!...I love it! BE SEEN and be worth seeing... These bad boys are a damn good start.
Kudos and enjoy!

Apr 19, 2024 at 2:10 PM Post #274 of 313
My understanding is that the pictures are of the built headphones, and each is unique. Once that model is purchased by someone, it's no longer available, and so on. I think the lead time is due to the ZMF QA process still needing to be performed with the units, along with final packaging and whatnot.

They are one of one. To say you have minutes once they go live would be generous. You literally have seconds, especially for hot sets.

This is what I was told… directly from ZMF:

“Our team has been building headphones for the stabilized drop over the past few weeks for photos but these do still need to go through final quality control, final measurement and packing. Our small team works hard to ship these out in a timely manner, but this does take time and of course we want to make sure any current orders are being accounted for during this time as well. We are still coordinating the final details for the stabilized drop, but the shipping timelines are normally around 1-4 weeks.”

Hope this provides some clarity…
Thanks guys! I'm glad (for Zach & Co.) that there's a huge demand for these beauties and happy for the owners. Maybe one day I'll get lucky and get a set. Then I better buy a lottery ticket while my luck still runneth over! :relaxed:

Apr 19, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #275 of 313

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Apr 19, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #276 of 313
Oh my! The stabilized Salires look really good!

Apr 19, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #277 of 313
Apr 19, 2024 at 4:19 PM Post #279 of 313
Will there also be a reduced/bundle price for the Aegis for previous buyers of ZMF headphones but who do not (yet) buy the CC? I did get that impression from AnyDave's post here. Say for instance, if someone bought an Atrium Open today (again, yay!).

Zach and I just discussed this and we're going to simplify things and just offer a release discount of $3299 for the first 50 of the 120V units and first 25 of the 230V units. This is easier for us than trying to figure out how far back a purchase could be and still qualify as a bundle.

After the first 50/25, we will likely still offer an Aegis/headphone bundle discount, but that will just be going forward.

Apr 19, 2024 at 6:12 PM Post #280 of 313
I told myself if I could the Caldera Malerei into my cart and make it to the payment screen then it was meant to be and I should buy them. But also Calderas are a bit more pricy so it was not an easy last minute decision to make. But I am happy to have picked them up.

I have recently picked up some Atrium Opens and haven't even heard them yet as they are still being shipped to me but just based on what I have read I doubled down and will also now have some Calderas.

Even versus my lava burst ash, which I *LOVE* this set made me do a double take. :astonished: Congrats! Red Caldera just hits different. :wink:

I would have loved to have gotten Caldera 'Cauldron' when it released a while ago but it didn't look quite right to me. Now, this is more like what Cauldron should've been ,in my opinion. I set myself up, adjusted the scope, took a deep breath and took the shot. BAM! Strapped on the hood of the truck and driving home.
Bubble bubble toil and trouble indeed. Congrats!

They really do look like cake. :thinking::ok_hand:

1713564699886.png

Apr 19, 2024 at 10:05 PM Post #281 of 313
Welp... That just happened. HYSTERICAL...! I never thought I'd see the day. Yeah, sneakers, Supreme® merch, YES... but $3,000 headphones??
Wooooow! I've seen it all now. I was going for 1 pair, and I guess it was the "HOT" pair of ACs cause after several error messages, POOF! it was gone. Then I thought maybe I'll snag "this pair" and I almost did, until I have that "moment of clarity" and I killed the transaction. I'm really not one for settling... period That's exactly what I was ABOUT to do. Hey, Happy Friday all... I'm waiting to snag my "Ultimate" set... see you folks in July at Hot Burl Summer! LOL!
Gotta get the one you want. I had my top 15 pulled up in tabs waiting in case I didn't get my #1 though. Also, they're not just $3k headphones. They're wearable pieces of art that you can actually use. They won't sit unused in my closet in the box, waiting to be opened someday. They will arrive and immediately get opened and used - carefully - and at some point likely resold for close to what I paid for them. Not may other collectible pieces of art that can claim that.

Apr 20, 2024 at 7:17 AM Post #284 of 313
Even versus my lava burst ash, which I *LOVE* this set made me do a double take. :astonished: Congrats! Red Caldera just hits different. :wink:

Bubble bubble toil and trouble indeed. Congrats!

They really do look like cake. :thinking::ok_hand:

1713564699886.png

But I would probably resist the urge to test them with a chef's knife. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back