ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship
Feb 24, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #946 of 2,544
  I have the pads on them that came preinstalled. Never felt the need to switch pads. Maybe I will eventually. I have the super thick pads on them. They are soft and comfortable enough for me. Don't know if they are the cowhide or lambskin to be honest.  hehe. 

Same here. Funny for a hobby that usually obsesses over minutiae.  I have not idea what mine are but they feel pretty good.  

Has any one tried bending the metal for a more custom fit?  

Feb 24, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #947 of 2,544
  Same here. Funny for a hobby that usually obsesses over minutiae.  I have not idea what mine are but they feel pretty good.  

Has any one tried bending the metal for a more custom fit?  

Don't bend the metal (not that you can't try 
angry_face.gif
) - just extend the sliders out all the way and bend the headband, it's very malleable. 

The thicker stiffer leather is the cowhide.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Feb 24, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #948 of 2,544

Don't bend the metal (not that you can't try 
angry_face.gif
) - just extend the sliders out all the way and bend the headband, it's very malleable. 

The thicker stiffer leather is the cowhide.

I think I have the cowhide on them then. Do you have three sets of pads by any chance? Looking at some pictures I don't think I own the Lambskin. 

Feb 24, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #952 of 2,544

Im about to get it in on these now. They arrived and I feel like what I have been missing is finally back! 

Which wood did you get? Blackwood? with which finish?

Feb 24, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #953 of 2,544
Nevermind went back about  6 pages and found that it is red sandalwood. I did not see any exotic woods on the website so I did not know he had any available.

Feb 24, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #954 of 2,544
  Nevermind went back about  6 pages and found that it is red sandalwood. I did not see any exotic woods on the website so I did not know he had any available.

After much back and forth, I decided to go with another kind of wood. I do have to wait for the exotic stuff but get to  use this in the interim. It wasn't too late for me to switch cups but was shipped this one as a review piece. I am hoping for cocobolo!!! fingers crossed.

Feb 25, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #955 of 2,544
After much back and forth, I decided to go with another kind of wood. I do have to wait for the exotic stuff but get to  use this in the interim. It wasn't too late for me to switch cups but was shipped this one as a review piece. I am hoping for cocobolo!!! fingers crossed.

Wait so the exotic wood you received was not a bought headphone? But for reviews? That is cool looks fantastic from the picture you linked, am I understanding this correctly? Also what we're some of the differences in presentation to the blackwoods

Feb 25, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #956 of 2,544

I know you don't have them side by side, but your impressions compared to the blackwoods would be greatly appreciated.  I'm wondering if you'll notice ant difference at all?

Feb 25, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #960 of 2,544
^sounds dope *as he closes his eyes after 2 min*

Wait so the exotic wood you received was not a bought headphone? But for reviews? That is cool looks fantastic from the picture you linked, am I understanding this correctly? Also what we're some of the differences in presentation to the blackwoods

Correct... 

Do you mean blackwood omnis or just the closed back blackwoods?

Omni vs Omni bruh.....

ughghg that will be a tough one... This is a hard wood like the blackwood so they will sound very similar. Also its porosity is probably similar too which would make it even harder for my memory, pretty much impossible.  As mentioned by Zach the differences are not so grand as reading them makes it seem. I will say that this one has incredible bass slam and good texture through out with an upper mid emphasis like the other. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back