ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship
Nov 18, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #706 of 2,544
I'm currently trading my Geek Pulse for a JDS Element, so I'll be able to give impressions of the JDS Element w/ the Omni once I get it. I'll have a review of the Pulse with my Omni at some point, haha.

Nov 18, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #707 of 2,544
  I'm currently trading my Geek Pulse for a JDS Element, so I'll be able to give impressions of the JDS Element w/ the Omni once I get it. I'll have a review of the Pulse with my Omni at some point, haha.

I think Zach has one of those...

I just got my Liquid Carbon.  And now I'm anxious to try it with the Omni...

Nov 18, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #708 of 2,544
I dont like the Omni Blackwood from the SE side of my pulse Infinity. The balanced does better as well as the Element. Bot make a bettwr pairing. The pulse infinity amp makes the lower treble glare even stronger and hollows out the midrange. To be fair I don't have my LPS yet but that wont change the sound sig, only improve its technical performance.

The Element delivers a controlled, deep, and firm bass but just has a little less depth in the Soundstage and more of a digital sound overall but there is a huge price difference and I prefer how the element pairs because it keeps the midrange full. It also doesn't have the lower treble glare. Sometimes my songs seem a bit pushed or forced sometimes but that could be just me. Id def keep it if I wasn't trying to see what the dac of my infinity could do with a dedicated amp.

I had the standard pulse and thought it was only decent. High gain got the Blackwood loud but didnt plant the music firm enough for me. It didn't sound organic.

Nov 18, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #709 of 2,544
 You get the glare too? 

I thought it was a seal issue, but I it's definitely there on hotly mastered tracks, I don't think I notice it for better mastered music.

Nov 18, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #710 of 2,544

I think Zach has one of those...

I just got my Liquid Carbon.  And now I'm anxious to try it with the Omni...

Zach was the one that actually suggested it to me. He said, in his opinion, that it sounded better than the Geek Pulse (but he needed to listen to it more to be sure.) I'm looking for a warmer amp/dac anyway.

I dont like the Omni Blackwood from the SE side of my pulse Infinity. The balanced does better as well as the Element. Bot make a bettwr pairing. The pulse infinity amp makes the lower treble glare even stronger and hollows out the midrange. To be fair I don't have my LPS yet but that wont change the sound sig, only improve its technical performance.

The Element delivers a controlled, deep, and firm bass but just has a little less depth in the Soundstage and more of a digital sound overall but there is a huge price difference and I prefer how the element pairs because it keeps the midrange full. It also doesn't have the lower treble glare. Sometimes my songs seem a bit pushed or forced sometimes but that could be just me. Id def keep it if I wasn't trying to see what the dac of my infinity could do with a dedicated amp.

I had the standard pulse and thought it was only decent. High gain got the Blackwood loud but didnt plant the music firm enough for me. It didn't sound organic.

That's my main issue with the standard Pulse. It's just kinda...too neutral? It's like when you have something that's so neutral or slightly-brighter-than-neutral that it sounds fake. I got that seem feeling listening to the DT880's. Some people love that sound though. I do not.

The guy I'm trading with for the JDS Element is also giving me a hundred dollars as an added bonus, so I couldn't say no.

Nov 18, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #711 of 2,544
My Omni has arrived!
tongue_smile.gif

smile.gif

biggrin.gif

So has the Dharma!!!
eek.gif

blink.gif

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #712 of 2,544
I just got a loaner of the Element in to go with the walnut Omni. I absolutely love everything about the sound. The Omni also works well with my Hifimediy sabre 9023 DAC and Bravo Audio Ocean Amp.

They don't need tons of power, but definitely more than the average portable source. Portable amps on high gain and upward seem to be adequate.

They are an ideal amount of warmth, timbre and detail. Bass extends and works well with every genre IMHO. Treble extends with no harsh spikes. It's an all around great sound.

Nov 19, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #714 of 2,544

No

Nov 19, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #715 of 2,544

Not really interested in a comparison myself just because I know they will sound terribly different except for some similarities in fr balance. However, please do tickle us with impressions. You are a man of little words, lots of sarcasm(with little words), but TONS and TONS of experience. I hope you break tradition and tell us about the Omni. :D

Nov 19, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #716 of 2,544

I will. Once I know it.

Nov 19, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #717 of 2,544
Nov 20, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #718 of 2,544
This headphone.....was created by......God

Users who are viewing this thread

Back