ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship
Oct 1, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #1,712 of 2,544
Grabbing my cherry Omni's tight and screaming at the top of my lungs - "hooooooooooooooooooo yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy". Been waiting to see Zach's response to the new crazy flagships. I have nothing but high hopes for these. The Omni's do still sound phenomenal though, can't see myself selling these anytime soon. I just can't wait for ZMF to shake up the market hehe. 

Oct 1, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #1,718 of 2,544
I went and picked up my Omni this morning from the post office.

What impeccable build quality....thank you Zach, for such a well made piece of gear 
smile.gif

I will return later with some comments on the sound.....they are much more comfy than I thought they would be, even though I heard they were comfy.

Here they are just freshly unboxed.

I am glad I decided to get the seahorse case to store them in.

Oct 1, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #1,720 of 2,544
While I do agree there may be other like headphones we have heard and like that could lead to a somewhat logical result.

My favourite headphone to date for example is the lcd3. Pre fazor.

I also like the hd650 if amped well.

I prefer a darker signature. Still detailed but smooth and easy up top. With a good amount of body to the sound.

Kind of how I like my bourbon but opposite to how I like my Scotch :p

The Omni has been described as being similar to the Pre-Fazor LCD-3

Oct 1, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #1,721 of 2,544
I have really  been enjoying the Omni all day.

I just love the bass and am very impressed with the sound stage, it is much larger than I expected.

I was much worried about the weight, but it is not an issue, it is a very comfy headphone.

Zach has really nailed the tone on these.

Oct 2, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #1,722 of 2,544
  I have really  been enjoying the Omni all day.

I just love the bass and am very impressed with the sound stage, it is much larger than I expected.

I was much worried about the weight, but it is not an issue, it is a very comfy headphone.

Zach has really nailed the tone on these.

Stop it.   My wallet can't take much more of this abuse.

Oct 3, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #1,723 of 2,544
  It's weird, I don't believe I have large ears but the inner foam touches my ears slightly, not uncomfortable but just a bit in the way of the feeling of the headphones "disappearing" on my head. The weight distribution is amazing, I was expecting them to feel much heavier. The Omni pads being leather I expected them to get hot as I live in a rather humid country. That's not the case at all. They don't get hot and are super comfortable.

They look amazing. I'm in love with how they look to be honest. They feel substantial and premium.

Well, they have less bass than I was anticipating, it's perfectly natural to my ears, maybe a bit boosted than neutral. The mids magic haven't grabbed me yet. Maybe I need some mental burn-in. The treble at first felt a little dull, then I tried the quick mod on how to increase the treble by @aornic and tried different combinations. No damping was a little too hot and snazzy but not as worse as my hifiman he-400i. The square foams only was a bit sibilant and hot. The square foams places diagonally like a diamond with the circular foams on top were good.
I have tried to revert back to stock placement but it still sounds a incey wincey sibilant but nothing unbearable. Going to try doing it more properly later.

My setup is quite bad so that's to blame too. An Objective2 amp with no dac. So i'm basically double amping. Will get the modibit in the future.

I also tried them out of my phone (htc one m8) and they get to listenable volumes. Not sure about the sound though.
Cheers! 

I just got my Omni's in Bocote today. I don't have large ears either but mine touch the inner foam too, guess it's normal.

The bass on these is incredible, definitely pleased.

Here's some quick snaps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back