ZMF Caldera - New Planar Magnetic from ZMF!
Jun 17, 2023 at 2:26 AM Post #4,441 of 7,609
Cauldron checking in…looks even better in person as the epoxy has a sparkle to it that is hard to see on my iPhone in this lighting.

I’ll be posting my Kingswood on the classifieds shortly for anyone looking to pick one of those up!

IMG_7134.jpegIMG_7133.jpeg

holy-crap-gif-4.gif

Jun 17, 2023 at 8:08 AM Post #4,442 of 7,609
Cauldron checking in…looks even better in person as the epoxy has a sparkle to it that is hard to see on my iPhone in this lighting.

I’ll be posting my Kingswood on the classifieds shortly for anyone looking to pick one of those up!

This was in the top 3 out of all the sets for me. Really cool. Congratulations!

Jun 17, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #4,443 of 7,609

Caldera Cauldron…has a nice ring to it. Lucky you!

Jun 17, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #4,444 of 7,609
Jun 17, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #4,445 of 7,609
Stabilized Caldera - Like the Night, my third TOTL piece. Thank you Zach's team for delivering such stunning headphone.

In fact, my first choice was the Smoke & Cinder but that one was gone within a minute. Like the Night was my second choice, glad I was able to get it before it was gone :)

1000003486.jpg
1000003487.jpg
1000003484.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #4,446 of 7,609
Stabilized Caldera - Like the Night, my third TOTL piece. Thank you Zach's team for delivering such stunning headphone.

In fact, my first choice was the Smoke & Cinder but that one was gone within a minute. Like the Night was my second choice, glad I was able to get it before it was gone :)

Holy cow, nice!

Jun 17, 2023 at 8:22 PM Post #4,447 of 7,609

I can't see!!

Jun 17, 2023 at 9:57 PM Post #4,449 of 7,609
Ah I wonder if there was something wrong with the attachments?
I don't want to speak for @Pharmaboy but I'm betting it's more of a misplaced pun...beauty, night being blinded...something like that.

Gorgeous set though, enjoy!!

Jun 17, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #4,450 of 7,609

1000003486.jpg1000003487.jpg1000003484.jpg
That was my first choice! Glad you got them. Enjoy!

Jun 17, 2023 at 10:49 PM Post #4,452 of 7,609
Thanks. Yeah, half of the stabilized calderas were gone within a few minutes, and all the others were gone before the end of the day... Did you end up getting any of them?
No, not this time. I had some close seconds I wanted, but I'm aiming to wait. I'm actually between getting either an Auteur or a Caldera, so I'll see if I can wait until CanJam SoCal to try both to see what I prefer!

Jun 18, 2023 at 3:14 AM Post #4,453 of 7,609
No, not this time. I had some close seconds I wanted, but I'm aiming to wait. I'm actually between getting either an Auteur or a Caldera, so I'll see if I can wait until CanJam SoCal to try both to see what I prefer!
You will prefer the caldera. :)

Jun 18, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #4,454 of 7,609

Very nice stabilized set. These might been gone very fast.

It would be interesting how you compare the Caldera to your Meze elite. Is it worth owning both ?

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #4,455 of 7,609

Sick! One of the easiest to recognise from the bunch of Stabilize/Resin Calderas from this batch.

Thanks 🙏

I have an organized chaos on the other side of that picture (including a couple hundred tubes in boxes that are waiting to find some new drawers 🤦‍♂️😉)

Such amazing Man's Cave here!

It would be interesting how you compare the Caldera to your Meze elite. Is it worth owning both ?
Copas my impression from Elite's thread:
- Elite has more "floating" presentation, with bigger soundstage through all direction
- Caldera is more forward, immediate, energetic, and hit harder (more bite in instrument)
- Caldera has shorter decay, cleaner cut of each notes. Elite is a little longer, and sweeter.
- Elite push a little more treble and more mid bass. Both headphone considered as liquid smooth.
- Even though Caldera is open back planar, the wood resonance still affect the overall timbre (in good way, but depend on preference of course). In this regard Elite is "purer"
- Detail retrieval, Caldera is a little better. However, for clean black background Elite is "blacker"
- It's really possible to like Elite and Caldera at the same time, for a person who find it hard to enjoy Hifiman headphones.

I know it's just a simple and rough comparison, but it's 2am here and my brain just doesn't work normally anymore.
The answer is: Yes, yes yes, worth to hold both of them together based on my preference. Both "work simultaneously" prevent me to search for more headphone (ok, perhaps there is one more room for one classic rare exotic Grado if I can manage to get one)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back