ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Mar 27, 2024 at 5:32 PM Post #2,131 of 2,348
As things stand, I'd be perfectly content with just having these as my only headphones, like a normal person. Of course, having more to choose from is better though :beyersmile:
You’re preaching to the choir here 😂

Mar 27, 2024 at 5:50 PM Post #2,132 of 2,348
Been spending a lot of time with the Bokeh recently, I've found my favorite pairing to be with the Mjolnir 3, with stock pads and the vented mesh. I've tried it with the Magnius and Folkvangr, but it really shines on the MJ3. Crazy good performance for the money. Technical/performance differences aside, I find I enjoy music on it just as much as on my Caldera.

A friend borrowed my Bokeh for a few days and it convinced them to try out ZMF as their first high-end headphone purchase :D

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 10:02 PM Post #2,134 of 2,348
Ok, well I just brushed the hybrid right pad off again (must not have it on tightly). I went full-backwards inside out sock and OMG - it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had pad back on in less than 30 seconds!!!!!!!! Mine do seem to slip out fairly easily (despite me being able to fully spin the pad around the cup without it coming off), but I think I have mastered the "sock"...................Long live the sock, Long live the Bokeh.......

Mar 27, 2024 at 10:17 PM Post #2,135 of 2,348
Ok, well I just brushed the hybrid right pad off again (must not have it on tightly). I went full-backwards inside out sock and OMG - it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had pad back on in less than 30 seconds!!!!!!!! Mine do seem to slip out fairly easily (despite me being able to fully spin the pad around the cup without it coming off), but I think I have mastered the "sock"...................Long live the sock, Long live the Bokeh.......
I think we all fumble at first with the ZMF pad swapping but seeing Zach's video tutorial with the inside-out method did help me get comfortable with it.

I'm not as slick as this yet but maybe one day:

I haven't tried swapping out on the Bokeh since it looks like the oval-ish shape of the cup does add a bit more of a challenge.

Mar 27, 2024 at 10:32 PM Post #2,136 of 2,348
I think we all fumble at first with the ZMF pad swapping but seeing Zach's video tutorial with the inside-out method did help me get comfortable with it.

I'm not as slick as this yet but maybe one day:

I haven't tried swapping out on the Bokeh since it looks like the oval-ish shape of the cup does add a bit more of a challenge.

I watched this a while back but didn't use exactly this technique. But I will next time. Certainly easy on the VC. My VOs are easy to get on too.

Mar 28, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #2,137 of 2,348
Thanks! That said, I may not need them any more.

After all the pad orientation talk the last couple of pages, I took a closer look and saw that the left pad (the problematic one) was oriented with seam about 15-20 degrees off of alignment with the socket. After rotating to align, the ear contact seems to have gone away. The simple and quick fixes are the best.

Now time to enjoy.

Mar 29, 2024 at 2:23 AM Post #2,139 of 2,348
Mar 29, 2024 at 6:22 AM Post #2,140 of 2,348
Mar 29, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #2,141 of 2,348
Just got these today. Had a good 2 hour session with them so far, very impressed with them.

Attachments

• 20240329_180819.jpg
    20240329_180819.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Mar 29, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #2,142 of 2,348
Yeah, I've really grown to love these headphones. Not that I didn't love them right away; my appreciation for them has just grown over the past month or so. There's a great balance between being drivability and scalability, with that easy-to-listen ZMF tuning. Given how so many headphone makers are moving towards a treble forward (or clinically neutral) sound, I'm especially glad that ZMF is sticking to their more relaxed house sound.

Mar 29, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #2,143 of 2,348
Just got these today. Had a good 2 hour session with them so far, very impressed with them.
FYI the cable connector with the red rubber band should be on the right cup. From your pic it seems that its connected to your left cup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back