ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Mar 26, 2024 at 6:42 PM Post #2,116 of 2,439
I like Aussie slang. One of my favorites is "Hoo Roo" for goodbye. First time I heard it was on a Wiggles show that my kids liked to watch. I was like what the hell does that mean?

Haha-great Aussie ambassador!!! But it's actually "Reg Grundies" for undies, and more "oo-roo" moreso than "hoo-roo"
We are obviously heavily influenced by the Brits (we are a nation of convicts who uprooted the original owners of the land......and I won't go there for this part of the thread) but we use a hell of a lot of rhyming slang. So "half back flanker"-wanker, "Barry crocker" - shocker, "Billy hunt" - ........, "captain cook"-look, "frog n toad"-road......there's a million of them!!

Mar 26, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #2,117 of 2,439
Add Aussie Wagyu beef to the list. From what I’ve seen it’s genuinely the best Wagyu outside of Japan A5 (fat wise anyway) and in a way better since you can eat a big fat steak and not feel a bit gross after. A5 too rich for wolfing on an empty stomach.
Yes, our beef is definitely world class!!! I buy a cheaper marbling wagyu weekly as a steak for my wife and I....reasonably priced and bloody beautiful!!!!

Mar 27, 2024 at 3:09 AM Post #2,118 of 2,439
I never thought I would be saying this: After two weeks and a little over 100 hours with the Bokeh, I have to say they've become my favorite headphones. I currently own and have had headphones that did somethings better than the Bokeh, but not one that did everything as well as the Bokeh. There just isn't anything in my music library that didn't sound great with this headphone. I could sit there and listen all day. When I initially read the high praises from @Wes S, I thought it was just hyperbole. But WOW, was I wrong! Congrats to Zack and the ZMF team for creating an affordable headphone which happens to be great, regardless of price.

Mar 27, 2024 at 5:48 AM Post #2,119 of 2,439
I never thought I would be saying this: After two weeks and a little over 100 hours with the Bokeh, I have to say they've become my favorite headphones. I currently own and have had headphones that did somethings better than the Bokeh, but not one that did everything as well as the Bokeh. There just isn't anything in my music library that didn't sound great with this headphone. I could sit there and listen all day. When I initially read the high praises from @Wes S, I thought it was just hyperbole. But WOW, was I wrong! Congrats to Zack and the ZMF team for creating an affordable headphone which happens to be great, regardless of price.
If you like detail monsters, then remove the mesh - next level for me!!!!!!!

Mar 27, 2024 at 6:22 AM Post #2,120 of 2,439
If you like detail monsters, then remove the mesh - next level for me!!!!!!!
I already own THE detail monster in the HIFIMAN HE1000se. One of the main reasons I love the Bokeh is that I'm simply getting lost and enjoying the music again instead of analyzing the recording or the technical abilities of the headphones like I often did with the HE1000se. Don't get me wrong, I love the HE1000se so much it's going to the grave with me. But man the Bokeh is so enjoyable to just listen to random tracks on shuffle.

Mar 27, 2024 at 6:28 AM Post #2,121 of 2,439
I already own THE detail monster in the HIFIMAN HE1000se. One of the main reasons I love the Bokeh is that I'm simply getting lost and enjoying the music again instead of analyzing the recording or the technical abilities of the headphones like I often did with the HE1000se. Don't get me wrong, I love the HE1000se so much it's going to the grave with me. But man the Bokeh is so enjoyable to just listen to random tracks on shuffle.
Yep- I have the Stealths and same - love them!!!! But I'm getting old so need the treble and with the mesh on, I absolutely love these but with mesh removed, I'm in heaven. Not analytical for me in any way but just brings out extra detail and clarity I can lie back and enjoy. I love metal but also enjoy ballads, edm (just lately), prog instrumental and classical too and detail is king for me. In saying that, my VOs are heavenly too, despite not being detail monsters. They do compliment the Stealths perfectly and each HP sings differently on each of my amps.
Enjoy the music man!!!!!!

Mar 27, 2024 at 6:58 AM Post #2,122 of 2,439
Heck yeah! Happy Listening!

Mar 27, 2024 at 7:26 AM Post #2,123 of 2,439
The sense of space and soundstage on the Bokeh is just stunning for closed-backs—even bigger than some decent open-backs to my ears. It might be an effect of their rather large size and maybe something to do with the dampening system. In any case, it is enveloping and quite nice.

Mar 27, 2024 at 7:56 AM Post #2,124 of 2,439
Or you can use cam lock gaskets, they are usually .25” thick.
Another option is solid natural latex band. This option is use most as you can get the from 2mm-7mm diameter thick. 2mm-3mm has almost no effect in sound. Beyond 3mm thick is when you start to hear effects. I have a few sizes made in different thickness and ring diameter sizes, I dubbed them my tuning ring inserts lol. These I just slip them between the pad and the pad’s fabric mesh.
E70E3F48-06E1-4286-93B8-A6D5999156D8.jpeg
Thanks - good to know. Would you by any chance have a link for where I could pick them up before I go searching myself?

Mar 27, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #2,126 of 2,439
I too keep being surprised with this headphone, I didn't expect to like it this much. Agree on that doesn't sound like a true closed headphone, but rather spacious, yet it isolates well. At the moment I'm using the stock mesh with suede pads, but I really liked the no mesh - hybrid pads combo too, and I haven't tried no mesh - suede combo yet.

As things stand, I'd be perfectly content with just having these as my only headphones, like a normal person. Of course, having more to choose from is better though :beyersmile:

Mar 27, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #2,127 of 2,439
As things stand, I'd be perfectly content with just having these as my only headphones, like a normal person. Of course, having more to choose from is better though :beyersmile:
I used to be normal before I joined Head-Fi and went to CanJams...yeah, I agree the Bokeh is a great all rounder and I would be happy if it was all I had.

Mar 27, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #2,128 of 2,439
I used to be normal before I joined Head-Fi and went to CanJams...yeah, I agree the Bokeh is a great all rounder and I would be happy if it was all I had.
I agree that the Bokeh is a great headphone, But not sure that I could live without my AC!

Mar 27, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #2,129 of 2,439
I recommend to always own at least two headphones. Screw endgame, lol. I say this because the left driver of my HE1000SE failed. I bought it new direct from Hifiman and it failed after two months of ownership. I’m waiting for my replacement. It’s my only HiFi headphone at the moment. It’s been two weeks and counting of no music through my chain. Don’t be in my situation if you can afford it. Im just waiting for my ZMF Bokeh to add to my collection.

Mar 27, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #2,130 of 2,439
I recommend to always own at least two headphones. Screw endgame, lol. I say this because the left driver of my HE1000SE failed. I bought it new direct from Hifiman and it failed after two months of ownership. I’m waiting for my replacement. It’s my only HiFi headphone at the moment. It’s been two weeks and counting of no music through my chain. Don’t be in my situation if you can afford it. Im just waiting for my ZMF Bokeh to add to my collection.
You'll be extremely happy once you have them together in your collection. If I can only have two headphones, I would choose those two and be done with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back