ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Mar 25, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #2,101 of 2,543
Interesting thread-within-a-thread here.

What I'd like to know is ... what does "Thank your mother for the rabbit" mean?
It's as much jiberish as my fart in warm pants reference. Us Aussies speak a lot of sh#*......just means a big thank you (extra gratitude). I do bang on haha!!

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 9:14 PM Post #2,103 of 2,543
We'll be taking a trip to western Australia in a month. I hope all the Aussies we run into will be as cheerful as you obviously are.
Haha-so do I. I think we're pretty laconic as a nation in general. I've never been to WA myself but want to go there. I've heard they're mad drivers though........

Mar 25, 2024 at 9:42 PM Post #2,105 of 2,543
Heck, I'm not going there for the people. I'm going there for the scenery and mainly the quokkas.:ksc75smile:
Haha-and the Margaret River wines......trust me!!!!@@

Mar 25, 2024 at 9:52 PM Post #2,106 of 2,543
Mar 25, 2024 at 11:21 PM Post #2,108 of 2,543
Mar 25, 2024 at 11:23 PM Post #2,109 of 2,543
I have a large wine collection but cannot get into Australian wines!
Jesu Christo man - what ones can't you get into?????

Just had a 2017 Peter Lehman Stonewell Barossa Shiraz on Saturday night.......it was HEAVENLY!!!!

Mar 25, 2024 at 11:40 PM Post #2,110 of 2,543
Jesu Christo man - what ones can't you get into?????

Just had a 2017 Peter Lehman Stonewell Barossa Shiraz on Saturday night.......it was HEAVENLY!!!!
I have tried many - Shiraz, but I prefer Northern Rhone or Paso Robles, CA. Cabernet's but hard to compete with Bordeaux or Napa. Pinot Noir but I love Burgundy and various CA regions! See my dilemma? BTW - the 2017 Peter Lehman showed no availability in the US though CellarTracker showed good reviews.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 1:02 AM Post #2,111 of 2,543
I have tried many - Shiraz, but I prefer Northern Rhone or Paso Robles, CA. Cabernet's but hard to compete with Bordeaux or Napa. Pinot Noir but I love Burgundy and various CA regions! See my dilemma? BTW - the 2017 Peter Lehman showed no availability in the US though CellarTracker showed good reviews.
I used to have a great wine cellar but a good chunk of the botles ended up having holes in them and wound up down my throat........true story!!

Family stayed in Beaune a few years ago and had a wonderful time. My wife likes refined like Bordeaux cab blends, syrah. pinot etc but I love to eat my wines!! Huge Barossa inky shiraz (but needs to be aged - hate massive tannins!!) For Aussie vino, you should be trying Coonawarra and Maragaret River cabs - beautiful and full bodied but not monsters like Barossa or McLaren Vale shiraz!!! We opened up our (monster) 1998 Penfolds Grange just last year and although slightly overaged, still drank superbly. I tried to get a 1/2 decently D'Yquem a year or so back but was way outbid (I use Langton's wine auctions - huge range and often a bargain to be had)

Anyway, sorry fellow Bokehians - we digress.............

Mar 26, 2024 at 1:04 AM Post #2,112 of 2,543
Australia is on my travel list.

Snorkeling gear, a drone and a visit to the Great Barrier Reef.
I may be biased but it is a bloody wonderful country!!!!

But my wife and daughter are Europhiles (particulalrly Francophiles and Italophiles). I'm a Scandofile - never been there but 90% of my fav bands are over yonder (including a couple from Iceland!!!!!!!).

Mar 26, 2024 at 1:07 AM Post #2,113 of 2,543
Lastly - the 2017 Lehmann Stonewell retails for about $100 aud ($65 usd) in botleshops. The restaurant we went to had it on the wine list for $125 aud ($75-80 usd). Insanely low mark up for a restaurant. I'll be going back VERY soon...............

Mar 26, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #2,114 of 2,543
It's as much jiberish as my fart in warm pants reference. Us Aussies speak a lot of sh#*......just means a big thank you (extra gratitude). I do bang on haha!!

I like Aussie slang. One of my favorites is "Hoo Roo" for goodbye. First time I heard it was on a Wiggles show that my kids liked to watch. I was like what the hell does that mean?

Mar 26, 2024 at 6:12 PM Post #2,115 of 2,543
Heck, I'm not going there for the people. I'm going there for the scenery and mainly the quokkas.:ksc75smile:
Add Aussie Wagyu beef to the list. From what I’ve seen it’s genuinely the best Wagyu outside of Japan A5 (fat wise anyway) and in a way better since you can eat a big fat steak and not feel a bit gross after. A5 too rich for wolfing on an empty stomach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back