ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Mar 22, 2024 at 6:21 PM Post #2,057 of 2,446
Congrats! The spalting pattern looks really nice. The Bokehs are very compatible and play nicely with various amps in my inventory and also do well with portable DAPS/phones. "Comforting as a warm fart in pants on a cold day" I've read a lot of descriptions and impressions about headphones but yours is one of a kind. :o2smile:
Haha - you can tell I'm a professional reviewer, right?????
And I've since listened to them on both my OTC amps and Crackatwoa and they sound magnificent on all. And I bought them for portable use (planes, in bed and motels and my new Topping G5 makes them sing!!!! Big plug for the G5 - it has massive power, is clean, clear ans separates things beautifully. And the bass.............
:sweat_smile:

Mar 22, 2024 at 7:46 PM Post #2,058 of 2,446
Oh - the wood is black limba, it's just stained in a deep red/Claret color. I think a contrasting color would work well, like the Oak, walnut or birch stands.

Thanks. I just received my walnut stand. I picked walnut hoping it would match my desk (seemed the closest match, matching by eye from the website), but I may have received the sapwood variant because it's much darker than my desk.

I suggest having the option to send tiny bits of wood samples for people to pick colors at their own cost. Otherwise, even with a color-calibrated monitor like mine, I ended up with a mismatch.

Mar 23, 2024 at 12:18 AM Post #2,060 of 2,446
Where is the case link?
I believe based on Zach's video that the case will not be available as a separate purchase until sometime in April. For now, it is available with the purchase of one of the 2nd batch of Bokeh headphones.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 12:49 AM Post #2,061 of 2,446
Right. He said it’s available separately in about a month.

Mar 23, 2024 at 12:56 AM Post #2,062 of 2,446
I've been preparing to order these all week, but as the release is getting closer I'm starting to get doubts. The lighter colour wood would look out of place on my desk, hopefully the next batch is made of darker wood, maybe a small special batch at some point?
Or buy a used Bokeh? Of the original darker wood stain color

Mar 23, 2024 at 1:50 AM Post #2,064 of 2,446
Erm, 230v version and free shipping from Woo Audio?!? OK now I'm interested.
I’m sure the Cayin and Feliks are also awesome. They are super highly regarded, but I can just say I’m super happy with the WA2 for these past few weeks with the Atrium, so I bet it would pair really well with Bokeh, though it is OTL and I don’t think it has the same mitigation as the Feliks at least, so the impedance for the Bokeh is probably about as low as you would want to go with it. Definitely would want to research that a bit before committing…

Mar 23, 2024 at 2:38 AM Post #2,065 of 2,446
I just can't make a decision. I have AC, my favorite headphones. I should get Caldera Open very soon and will definitely buy CC (when they do). Do I need Bokeh? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
So I also have a Caldera open and Atrium closed, and the Bokeh still finds a good amount of time. My home set up is the big two, caldera and AC, running on the aegis. Will the Bokeh supplant either of those headphones? No, not for me.

The bokeh is my jack of all times headphone. I've got it at work at the moment, where it gets head time either off a portable source or the matrix mini i4 pro. I also take it with me for a peaceful and musical lunch often. The nice thing about the Bokeh is that it pairs very well with a lot of sources, works with any genre that suites my mood at the time, and doesn't stress me out when I take it out of a controlled environment such as my home. Looking forward to the smaller carry case, as the bokeh would be great on trips. You might as well stop fighting the tide and grab one! :wink:

#BulgingMesh

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 3:39 AM Post #2,067 of 2,446
Haha - you can tell I'm a professional reviewer, right?????
And I've since listened to them on both my OTC amps and Crackatwoa and they sound magnificent on all. And I bought them for portable use (planes, in bed and motels and my new Topping G5 makes them sing!!!! Big plug for the G5 - it has massive power, is clean, clear ans separates things beautifully. And the bass.............
:sweat_smile:
I agree on the G5, pairs really well!

Mar 23, 2024 at 3:40 AM Post #2,068 of 2,446
Mar 23, 2024 at 4:13 AM Post #2,069 of 2,446
You can also check if one of the EU dealers have something in stock from the first release https://www.zmfheadphones.com/dealersnew

Good idea! I managed to find a couple of options, but they only come with the protein pads. Hopefully Bokeh responds to EQ well, since I don't want to get blasted with bass all the time. I'll hunt a pair of hybrids pads at some point. Thanks.

Mar 23, 2024 at 5:24 AM Post #2,070 of 2,446
I'm going to try mine with a Feliks echo 2 later. If it sounds very good I'm tempted to get a better tube amp. I'm so pleased with the bokeh that I bet I buy a caldera at some point. The bokeh will probably get more use though because I can use it on so many different set ups

Users who are viewing this thread

Back