ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Jan 7, 2024 at 6:02 AM Post #1,111 of 2,357
In this time of regular zoom meetings, this might be just the thing I need. I suspect I look a little insane with my current ZMFs.
This was kinda my hope as well but I think my Calderas still look lower profile than the Bokehs. They'll probably look similar to your Auteurs, bit slimmer than the VCs. The headband is definitely a little smaller.

As a side note - I'm hoping down the road when the suede headband comes out we have an option for black rods as well

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #1,112 of 2,357
Yes I saw that. But someone posted their set in a very light brown. Does the colour vary that much from each set?

The ones I've seen have all been pretty consistent. I would describe the set I have as a sort of reddish brown. Depending on how it's lit when photographed, it could be a bit more red or a bit more brown.

Jan 7, 2024 at 8:50 AM Post #1,113 of 2,357
Perhaps I wasn't as clear as I should have been in my original reply. The lighter pair pictured is a demo unit in Cherry wood.

Oh okay. That makes more sense. Thanks.

Jan 8, 2024 at 3:53 AM Post #1,114 of 2,357
Yes I saw that. But someone posted their set in a very light brown. Does the colour vary that much from each set?

Edit: Just saw someone's response to it. Should have read the rest of the thread :V But I still think it applies!

As someone who has worked with wood, colouring and camera's, I can tell you that the photo's you'll see from each set are most definitely consistent, just don't look it.
No camera is the same, no image it will take will ever be identical to eachother, and you also got to factor lighting can have a great affect on wood and its colouring. The best way to actually see it's consistency is in person!

Basically, every photo of the headphones are going to be a bit different, and also remember that these headphones are not made in huge numbers and are hand done. So slight variation + different camera's = different looks on every photo.

Really hope I get my bokeh this month tho!

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024 at 10:44 PM Post #1,115 of 2,357
My Bokeh arrived today. To my surprise I was number 58, I was wondering if I was anywhere near the first hundred.

I haven't listened to much music yet but they're fantastic for videos. Very nice soundstage for closed backs.

Unfortunately for me the bass is severely reduced when I'm wearing glasses. But that's a me problem.

Jan 9, 2024 at 10:54 PM Post #1,116 of 2,357
My Bokeh arrived today. To my surprise I was number 58, I was wondering if I was anywhere near the first hundred.

I haven't listened to much music yet but they're fantastic for videos. Very nice soundstage for closed backs.

Unfortunately for me the bass is severely reduced when I'm wearing glasses. But that's a me problem.
Nice one!!!!!!

I think I'm about 220......all good though.

Enjoy!!!!

Jan 10, 2024 at 12:24 AM Post #1,117 of 2,357
Have listened to some music now. And I agree with those that say the bass isn't quite as nuanced and textured as higher end ZMFs, which of course, but at the same time, there's lots of it. Tonal balance is great, period. I don't need to EQ them unless I want more bass for a certain track.

Vocals are more recessed than my VO but at the same time, the overall presentation of the Bokeh just makes me want to keep listening to more and more music. It's not as pure and as good as more expensive cans, but you (err, I) just don't care. And these are just going to sound better as they burn in..

Really really liking these. Perfect accompaniment to my VO.

Jan 10, 2024 at 12:29 AM Post #1,118 of 2,357
Have listened to some music now. And I agree with those that say the bass isn't quite as nuanced and textured as higher end ZMFs, which of course, but at the same time, there's lots of it. Tonal balance is great, period. I don't need to EQ them unless I want more bass for a certain track.

Vocals are more recessed than my VO but at the same time, the overall presentation of the Bokeh just makes me want to keep listening to more and more music. It's not as pure and as good as more expensive cans, but you (err, I) just don't care. And these are just going to sound better as they burn in..

Really really liking these. Perfect accompaniment to my VO.
So glad to hear you say this as I just got my first pair of ZMFs a few weeks ago - VO and I absolutely love them!!!! Can't wait to get my Bokehs!!

Jan 10, 2024 at 6:14 PM Post #1,121 of 2,357
One thing I'm really loving about the Bokeh are the oval ear cups. I have larger ears and the regular round cups are JUST enough to fit comfortably, but it's a bit tight. Wearing the Bokeh I notice the extra bit of room immediately. Not sure if all ZMFs in the future will be oval, but I do hope so.

Another thing I'm loving is how well the Bokeh plays with all genres. It's an excellent generalist headphone. I haven't found a genre that it doesn't at least do good, if not great.

Jan 10, 2024 at 6:38 PM Post #1,122 of 2,357
One thing I'm really loving about the Bokeh are the oval ear cups. I have larger ears and the regular round cups are JUST enough to fit comfortably, but it's a bit tight. Wearing the Bokeh I notice the extra bit of room immediately. Not sure if all ZMFs in the future will be oval, but I do hope so.

Another thing I'm loving is how well the Bokeh plays with all genres. It's an excellent generalist headphone. I haven't found a genre that it doesn't at least do good, if not great.
All these reviews are hyping me up. So excited. I hope I get my shipping notification this week.

Jan 10, 2024 at 9:32 PM Post #1,123 of 2,357

What kind of genres did you try so far?

Jan 11, 2024 at 12:15 AM Post #1,124 of 2,357

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2024 at 1:32 AM Post #1,125 of 2,357
What kind of genres did you try so far?
I thought I’d chime in, I’ve been listening to Bokeh & RU7 with metal, hard rock and some electronica and it’s been great. Very impressed so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back