ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Jan 6, 2024 at 10:58 PM Post #1,099 of 2,430
Ask and ye shall receive! Took them just now with iPhone. Incredibly difficult to photograph, lighting changes the tone a lot. The pics make it look brighter than it is when looking at it just sitting on my stand. And when you rotate them under strong lights they really change.

Not the biggest fan of the lighter coloured wood. I hope mine come with the darker colours as shown by others in this thread.

Jan 6, 2024 at 11:10 PM Post #1,100 of 2,430
Not the biggest fan of the lighter coloured wood. I hope mine come with the darker colours as shown by others in this thread.
I believe everyone who ordered should be getting the claret stained Black Limba.

The Cherry sets pictured in this thread were demo units, including the one I have which is stained.

Jan 7, 2024 at 12:20 AM Post #1,101 of 2,430
Is there any comparison between Bokeh and Atrium Closed?

Since Bokeh is using "Atrium Dampening System", I suppose it will be poor-man Atrium Closed, isn't it?

Jan 7, 2024 at 12:24 AM Post #1,102 of 2,430
Im definitely not shooting to replace iems or "travel" headphones. The word "portable" is definitely misleading and likely one I shouldn't have used, but I didn't have a better thing to call BOKEH before because naming is hard!

It's very much a full sized headphone, with a slightly more convenient form factor to "carry.". Easier to drive, more sensitive, but with scalability with high end sources. In my mind, an easier way for those interested in ZMF to try our stuff, and for people familiar already with ZMF, a good at work or all day headphone for use when at a coffee shop, taking calls at a desk or on zoom, etc etc. We will have a mic cable for it as well which we just improved the microphone of as well.
In this time of regular zoom meetings, this might be just the thing I need. I suspect I look a little insane with my current ZMFs.

Jan 7, 2024 at 12:30 AM Post #1,103 of 2,430
In this time of regular zoom meetings, this might be just the thing I need. I suspect I look a little insane with my current ZMFs.
A) It could be worse; you could be sporting these 😄:
9D30DD07-7957-4654-BAA7-8DF37290CA41.jpeg

B) Think of your ZMFs as ZOOMFs ... 🤣...🤨...😒...👎

Jan 7, 2024 at 12:43 AM Post #1,104 of 2,430
I believe everyone who ordered should be getting the claret stained Black Limba.

The Cherry sets pictured in this thread were demo units, including the one I have which is stained.

The ZMF website shows the Bokeh in a dark red colour. That seems to be what others here have gotten.

Jan 7, 2024 at 12:45 AM Post #1,105 of 2,430
The ZMF website shows the Bokeh in a dark red colour. That seems to be what others here have gotten.
From the website: “Currently, the stock wood for the BOKEH is Black Limba stained a dark Claret (rubied) color, appearance will vary”

Jan 7, 2024 at 12:49 AM Post #1,106 of 2,430
From the website: “Currently, the stock wood for the BOKEH is Black Limba stained a dark Claret (rubied) color, appearance will vary”

Yes I saw that. But someone posted their set in a very light brown. Does the colour vary that much from each set?

Jan 7, 2024 at 1:00 AM Post #1,107 of 2,430
Yes I saw that. But someone posted their set in a very light brown. Does the colour vary that much from each set?
Perhaps I wasn't as clear as I should have been in my original reply. The lighter pair pictured is a demo unit in Cherry wood.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2024 at 3:06 AM Post #1,108 of 2,430
Is there any comparison between Bokeh and Atrium Closed?

Since Bokeh is using "Atrium Dampening System", I suppose it will be poor-man Atrium Closed, isn't it?
I believe someone already did do a comparison a while back: Bokeh vs AC

Jan 7, 2024 at 3:30 AM Post #1,109 of 2,430
You definitely don't need to worry and will get the dark, claret stained versions shown on almost all the thread pictures and on the ZMF site itself as they are the only ones being sold at present. heliosphann has one of about three other variants that are pictured around the thread, but all are demos that aren't generally on sale (and at the moment are unique). There's a darker wood variant plus a very light, unstained one (Zach's own pair). I understand Zach's working on other woods, but for now has not said when there might be others made more widely available as special editions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back