ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Nov 13, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #136 of 2,348
Our inspiration for the name was actually letting your environment, struggles, the world blur as the music becomes your focus! So the association to the photographic principle aligns less with the sound and more with the experience of headphones transporting you from reality.
Nice. Music is the focal point and everything else is bokeh 👍👍

Nov 15, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #137 of 2,348
Nov 19, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #138 of 2,348
1700453464097.jpeg

indeed very bokeh

Nov 21, 2023 at 4:47 AM Post #139 of 2,348
Has someone tried any ZMF headphones as portables? I'm interested to try some ZMF headphones and the lower impedance and lighter Bokeh in particular to use them with a DAP. I'm asking that because I remember my experience with Meze 99 Classics where every step I took with them translated into a loud thud in my skull. Could that be a matter of concern?

Nov 21, 2023 at 4:53 AM Post #140 of 2,348
Has someone tried any ZMF headphones as portables? I'm interested to try some ZMF headphones and the lower impedance and lighter Bokeh in particular to use them with a DAP. I'm asking that because I remember my experience with Meze 99 Classics where every step I took with them translated into a loud thud in my skull. Could that be a matter of concern?
Atrium Closed works beautifully with my (rather powerful) ibasso dx300 Probalby bit too large for the street but great on flights and longer trains trips / hotel stays.

Nov 21, 2023 at 5:13 AM Post #141 of 2,348
Atrium Closed works beautifully with my (rather powerful) ibasso dx300 Probalby bit too large for the street but great on flights and longer trains trips / hotel stays.
Thank you for the answer! Atrium Closed is an option I consider as well (despite the weight). My DAP is Lotoo PAW 6000 that I believe is rather capable in terms of power, so it could drive Bokeh without much sweating.

Nov 21, 2023 at 5:18 AM Post #142 of 2,348
Thank you for the answer! Atrium Closed is an option I consider as well (despite the weight). My DAP is Lotoo PAW 6000 that I believe is rather capable in terms of power, so it could drive Bokeh without much sweating.
Bokeh and AC are very different beasts, not just sonically but Bokeh is designed with mobility back in mind, it doesnt require as powerful source gear. AC is 300 ohm so you definitly want to make sure your DAP can fuel that.

Regarding the weight - with portability back in mind, if you get the chance go for AC Redwood Burl with magnesium chasis. The weight will be around low-mid 400g with that setup. With the new bullstrap headband that AC has the weight shouldnt be an issue.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #144 of 2,348
I dont see myself with the Bokeh on my head in a plane or train... :smile: Maybe walking the dog, but nothing more adventures
I think the Bokeh is more of a 'transportable' headphone, not necessarily 'portable'. I don't see people commuting and wearing the Bokeh but it can be the perfect choice for a holiday when your DAC/amp options are limited and don't want to carry around your multi thousand dollar flagship headphones.

Nov 21, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #145 of 2,348
I think the Bokeh is more of a 'transportable' headphone, not necessarily 'portable'. I don't see people commuting and wearing the Bokeh but it can be the perfect choice for a holiday when your DAC/amp options are limited and don't want to carry around your multi thousand dollar flagship headphones.
Agreed - My full-sized ZMFs wouldn't leave my home office but I'd consider taking a Bokeh into the office so I could better ignore coworkers without looking entirely conspicuous. Although right now I'm on-site at work like once a month so using that as a rationale to buy a Bokeh is maybe grasping at straws...

Nov 21, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #147 of 2,348
Well, I don't listen to headphones at home and I don't care about looks. As long as the heapdphones are comfortable enough and can be driven from a DAP, I can walk with them and use them in public transport. I wonder how Bokeh would compare against my beloved Denon AH-D7200 I have walked thousands of km with since I bought them 7 years ago.

Nov 21, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #148 of 2,348
Well, I don't listen to headphones at home and I don't care about looks. As long as the heapdphones are comfortable enough and can be driven from a DAP, I can walk with them and use them in public transport. I wonder how Bokeh would compare against my beloved Denon AH-D7200 I have walked thousands of km with since I bought them 7 years ago.
I tried the Bokeh and other ZMF models on my DX300 DAP. None of them struggled on it, so doubt they would struggle on your LP600 either. As for portability of the Bokeh?, I suppose it means different things to different people. Personally I wouldn't want to go walking with it, although comfort was top notch, so can't see that side being a problem, but size and weight?....wouldn't work for me I'm afraid.

I've now come to peace with myself with using my TWS earbuds when out walking with just a phone or lesser DAP than the DX300. Comfort and ease of use is ideal and I'm happy enough with the sound, especially as it makes me appreciate my other 'proper' headphones with the DX300 even more when I sit down to listen with them at home :relaxed:

Nov 21, 2023 at 1:40 PM Post #149 of 2,348
I wonder how Bokeh would compare against my beloved Denon AH-D7200
Bokeh sounds more natural, more lifelike, more spacious (for a closed back) with a more balanced FR. D7200 is more closed in, less natural, more V shaped and perhaps more dynamic/punchier. To my ears the Bokeh is the more accurate and better headphone out of the two. In fact, I would pick the Bokeh over the D9200 or TH900 in a heartbeat. I can only see people leaning towards Denon/Fostex if they really like a dynamic and V-shaped sound signature. Bokeh just sounds nicer, more natural, but still a step behind VC and AC, which is probably not a surprise to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back