ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Dec 6, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #361 of 2,473
This is how chatgpt told me it could be used:

Oh - I should mention this, Atticus will be taken off the site starting in 2024, only so that our line-up is less confusing, it will then come back (the greatest always do) and be purchasable through the ZMF Custom shop when that opens up. We're looking for a core group of production models, and then some models that are less popular will be custom orderable.
That's a bittersweet pill to swallow. I totally get why you're doing it, but the Atticus was the very first high end headphone that knocked my socks off, and hearing it for the first time back in 2017 at NYC CJ, when I first met you and Bevin was such an eye opener for me.
Up to that point, all the headphones that I had heard that hit like a truck, had recessed and disappointing mids. When I popped the Atticus on my head and cued up some Judas Priest ( :) ) I knew I had found my headphone company.

Dec 6, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #362 of 2,473
That's a bittersweet pill to swallow. I totally get why you're doing it, but the Atticus was the very first high end headphone that knocked my socks off, and hearing it for the first time back in 2017 at NYC CJ, when I first met you and Bevin was such an eye opener for me.
Up to that point, all the headphones that I had heard that hit like a truck, had recessed and disappointing mids. When I popped the Atticus on my head and cued up some Judas Priest ( :) ) I knew I had found my headphone company.
Don't worry - we will find ways to do some runs and as mentioned do custom orders. I do wish it was more popular, but with BIG mid-bass comes a tougher sell to the general audience, which unfortunately made it a polarizing headphone, but those who love it sure love it as we do. The worst thing for trying to understand Atticus is putting it up against something like the Harman curve, as you'll never find a way for your brain to understand it if you've been inundated with that bias.

Last edited:
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Dec 6, 2023 at 6:51 PM Post #363 of 2,473
Don't worry - we will find ways to do some runs and as mentioned do custom orders. I do wish it was more popular, but with BIG mid-bass comes a tougher sell to the general audience, which unfortunately made it a polarizing headphone, but those who love it sure love it as we do. The worst thing for trying to understand Atticus is putting it up against something like the Harman curve, as you'll never find a way for your brain to understand it if you've been inundated with that bias.
A special final run of some never used before wood would be awesome. I'm with Monsterzero, the Atticus was my first truly special headphone, and still is in so many ways. Listening to it now I couldn't imagine being without it in my lineup.

Dec 6, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #364 of 2,473
Hopefully something like the Fiio M15s will do the trick, offering close to a full watt per channel. Hope so anyways. I'm only using daps these days.
I listened to the Bokeh at London CanJam before it was named. I'm reading that it may sound slightly different now it's in full production mode, but I can report that on my iBasso dx300 over balanced it sounded absolutely glorious to my ears! So much so that of the half a dozen different ZMF's I tried, the Bokeh was my favourite, with the VC running it a close second.

For reference on the kind of sound signature I prefer, I ended up buying the Meze 109pro at CanJam, another 'fun' headphone that is excellent bang for your buck, and I'm really really enjoying it. I'm going for delayed gratification and will continue to enjoy my 109pro whilst waiting for Canjam to come around again where, all things being well, I will be buying myself a Bokeh to add to my little stable. The 109 pro won't be going anywhere though as that's also a keeper.

None of the fawning over, or stellar reviews of, the Bokeh here surprise me in the least. From my, admittedly limited, experience this is an amazing headphone at the price point. Buy with confidence I would say if you're only using DAP's.

Dec 6, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #365 of 2,473
I listened to the Bokeh at London CanJam before it was named. I'm reading that it may sound slightly different now it's in full production mode, but I can report that on my iBasso dx300 over balanced it sounded absolutely glorious to my ears! So much so that of the half a dozen different ZMF's I tried, the Bokeh was my favourite, with the VC running it a close second.

For reference on the kind of sound signature I prefer, I ended up buying the Meze 109pro at CanJam, another 'fun' headphone that is excellent bang for your buck, and I'm really really enjoying it. I'm going for delayed gratification and will continue to enjoy my 109pro whilst waiting for Canjam to come around again where, all things being well, I will be buying myself a Bokeh to add to my little stable. The 109 pro won't be going anywhere though as that's also a keeper.

None of the fawning over, or stellar reviews of, the Bokeh here surprise me in the least. From my, admittedly limited, experience this is an amazing headphone at the price point. Buy with confidence I would say if you're only using DAP's.
Thanks!

Dec 6, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #366 of 2,473

Were you hell bent for leather pads?

Dec 6, 2023 at 8:13 PM Post #367 of 2,473

Oh - I should mention this, Atticus will be taken off the site starting in 2024, only so that our line-up is less confusing, it will then come back (the greatest always do) and be purchasable through the ZMF Custom shop when that opens up. We're looking for a core group of production models, and then some models that are less popular will be custom orderable.
Wow that's actually a pretty cool idea! Most companies when they discontinue something, it either goes away forever or maybe gets a limited anniversary version. Being able to custom order is more than a fair idea for those that want a new one of a model that gets switched out of the main product line. Can't think of another company that for the most part would sort of discontinue a product but be willing to make someone that headphone if they really wanted it.

Imagine if other companies would be willing to do such a thing. Sennheiser making he90's or he60's on a custom order, sony doing the same for an r10 or qualia 010 or stax for an Sr-omega or audio technica for an L3000, I just don't see them ever doing this. Makes me happy knowing that if I ever missed out on a product I could still custom order it without having to deal with potential collector fees that happen to some headphones over the years. Way to think outside the box! I hope one day other companies can follow such an idea if they are able to afford doing such a thing.

Dec 6, 2023 at 8:14 PM Post #368 of 2,473
Were you hell bent for leather pads?
Most def! Somehow 'Hell Bent For Suede' misses the mark. \m/

190e84cb1170da8d14dafd810cef448c.gif

Dec 6, 2023 at 8:40 PM Post #369 of 2,473
@zach915m When will the Bokeh product page be up? Need to show my girlfriend what options to select so she can place my order while I'm at work on friday xD

Dec 6, 2023 at 9:12 PM Post #370 of 2,473
I’m looking to pair it with my Walkman, excited.

Dec 6, 2023 at 9:32 PM Post #372 of 2,473
Dec 6, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #373 of 2,473
Last edited:
Dec 6, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #374 of 2,473

Atticus forever! It deserves to live forever - it's a truly great headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back