ZMF Auteur Thread
Feb 10, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #4,546 of 8,327
Focus on keeping the head vertical, and implement a simple toe tapping movement (with occasional air-drumming). Refrain from placing any potential blame on the headphone, as the ZMF Auteur are simply outstanding! Please don't disrespect. Thank you and God Bless!
Nope.

Pilot pad allows my grooving to be completely unrestrained.

As far as 'simply outstanding' ... I've always called them my 'Goldilocks' headphones. Every time I fall in love with a 'new girl' Auteur is waiting for me to get over the infatuation and come home to Momma :)

Feb 10, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #4,547 of 8,327
How's the soundstage and separation on these compared to say a mid level hifiman? Also how are the headbands, they don't look too secure, will they slip off if you tilt your head up and down?

Also what's the build time like?
Auteurs are roughly a mile better than my Sundaras, which I gave to my dad. Soundstage and separation are both significantly (to my ear at least) improved.

Feb 10, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #4,548 of 8,327
Auteurs are roughly a mile better than my Sundaras, which I gave to my dad. Soundstage and separation are both significantly (to my ear at least) improved.

Are you more of an Auteur fan or Tom Brady fan (with the Bucs win!)

Feb 10, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #4,549 of 8,327
Are you more of an Auteur fan or Tom Brady fan (with the Bucs win!)
Um. That’s tough. I was happy to see Brady win his seventh even though he was in Tampa. But my Auteurs are absolute fire.

Feb 10, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #4,550 of 8,327
Focus on keeping the head horizontal

Really dedicated headphone users may wish to invest in a cervical/cranial "halo," used to fix the head's position vs the upper body following surgery of the cervical spine. There's quite a bit of pain & suffering involved in wearing a halo--but what's a little pain & suffering in this hobby?

See picture below:

HALO.jpg

As you can see, the headphone chassis would have to be extensively modified to fit around the halo itself. ZMF dynamics like the Auteur might not be the best choice for this application...

It may be better to use a "Double/Wide" version of the Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC -- which even stock looks ready for use in an orthopedic surgical ward.

Feb 10, 2021 at 9:16 PM Post #4,551 of 8,327
I've always called them my 'Goldilocks' headphones.
Seriously. Though I do think both Verites are better for my tastes overall, vocals especially on the Auteur quickly draw me back in when I use it. If I weren't such a headphone glutton, I know I could just have the Auteurs and still be quite happy. They're excellent with the new Tuba amp I just got, with an airyness and wider soundstage than I'm used to on them.

Feb 11, 2021 at 1:46 AM Post #4,552 of 8,327
Agree, but it's the timbre that keeps me in love with Auteur, especially with an OTL amp. Resoving AND musical.

Feb 11, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #4,553 of 8,327
Agree, but it's the timbre that keeps me in love with Auteur, especially with an OTL amp. Resoving AND musical.
Agree. I'm trying to upgrade my Darkvoice to a level that gets as much as possible out of the Auteurs. They also really like the Liquid Platinum hybrid amp. And I've got a Crack on the way that I'm excited to (try to) assemble.

Feb 11, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #4,554 of 8,327
Nope.

Pilot pad allows my grooving to be completely unrestrained.

As far as 'simply outstanding' ... I've always called them my 'Goldilocks' headphones. Every time I fall in love with a 'new girl' Auteur is waiting for me to get over the infatuation and come home to Momma :)

Thanks for the tip here! Have had the same issue as you with the Auteur feeling comfortable but still wanted to get rid of the slight wiggle when tilting my head a bit forwards for example. Ordered the pilot pads last night, looking forward to 'em. Went with those vs co-pilot as my issue isn't related to weight distrubution but rather getting a more snug fit, so think that was the right choice... right? :thinking:

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #4,555 of 8,327
Thanks for the tip here! Have had the same issue as you with the Auteur feeling comfortable but still wanted to get rid of the slight wiggle when tilting my head a bit forwards for example. Ordered the pilot pads last night, looking forward to 'em. Went with those vs co-pilot as my issue isn't related to weight distrubution but rather getting a more snug fit, so think that was the right choice... right? :thinking:
Not for me -- sorry. I purchased both 'cuz I didn't know would be best --- Pilot was miles better. And it wraps around the 'strap' like it was designed to do just that :)

Not about weight distribution for me, just about making the fit 'snugger' and more secure.

Feb 11, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #4,557 of 8,327
Agree. I'm trying to upgrade my Darkvoice to a level that gets as much as possible out of the Auteurs. They also really like the Liquid Platinum hybrid amp. And I've got a Crack on the way that I'm excited to (try to) assemble.
Besides its outright unbelievable sound quality is the suitability of the Auteur with h/p/a of different types...20C0597C-8DFB-48A5-BD8C-2C1355C2096E.jpeg

Feb 11, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #4,558 of 8,327
Not for me -- sorry. I purchased both 'cuz I didn't know would be best --- Pilot was miles better. And it wraps around the 'strap' like it was designed to do just that :)

Not about weight distribution for me, just about making the fit 'snugger' and more secure.
Personally I removed that strap with both the Pilot and Co-Pilot. It seemed in the way, especially with the Co-.

Feb 11, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #4,559 of 8,327

Yep! I meant I got the Pilot, not the Co-Pilot, for the same reasons :L3000:

Feb 11, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #4,560 of 8,327
Really dedicated headphone users may wish to invest in a cervical/cranial "halo," used to fix the head's position vs the upper body following surgery of the cervical spine. There's quite a bit of pain & suffering involved in wearing a halo--but what's a little pain & suffering in this hobby?

See picture below:

HALO.jpg

As you can see, the headphone chassis would have to be extensively modified to fit around the halo itself. ZMF dynamics like the Auteur might not be the best choice for this application...

It may be better to use a "Double/Wide" version of the Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC -- which even stock looks ready for use in an orthopedic surgical ward.
pharmaboy is HILARIOUS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back