ZMF Auteur Thread
Jan 5, 2018 at 6:27 AM Post #556 of 8,367
Some Teaks are at “burn in and tune” stage while others are at “Final Assembly” stage. It looks like Blackwood orders will go later than Teaks regardless of ordering order.

Jan 5, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #557 of 8,367
Some Teaks are at “burn in and tune” stage while others are at “Final Assembly” stage. It looks like Blackwood orders will go later than Teaks regardless of ordering order.

Well, that's new. So is it:

Machining ==> Sanding and Finishing ==> Assembly ==> Burn In and Final Tune ==> Ship

If so, the Blackwoods are gonna take another 3 weeks to a month, based on the progress of the Teaks. In any case, Jan 12 seems ... unlikely ... :triportsad:

Jan 5, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #558 of 8,367
Well, that's new. So is it:

Machining ==> Sanding and Finishing ==> Assembly ==> Burn In and Final Tune ==> Ship

If so, the Blackwoods are gonna take another 3 weeks to a month, based on the progress of the Teaks. In any case, Jan 12 seems ... unlikely ... :triportsad:

The earliest orders of Blackwoods will see many later orders of Teaks go out first. It is now order number by wood type that matters. I see how it is more efficient, but it doesn’t necessarily reward those that ordered first.

Jan 5, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #559 of 8,367
The earliest orders of Blackwoods will see many later orders of Teaks go out first. It is now order number by wood type that matters. I see how it is more efficient, but it doesn’t necessarily reward those that ordered first.

Yep. I'm in the 40s, so there's clearly a bit of a wait ahead.

Jan 5, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #560 of 8,367
Yep. I'm in the 40s, so there's clearly a bit of a wait ahead.

I think Zach must be listening :)

The order status doc has just been updated, and the first 21 Blackwoods now say 'Sanding and Finishing' -- not mine though :triportsad:

Probably a PITA for Zach. He can focus on building product, or waste time updating the status doc to placate whiners like me.

Jan 5, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #561 of 8,367
I think Zach must be listening :)

The order status doc has just been updated, and the first 21 Blackwoods now say 'Sanding and Finishing' -- not mine though :triportsad:

Probably a PITA for Zach. He can focus on building product, or waste time updating the status doc to placate whiners like me.

I am about three Blackwood orders away from “sanding and Finishing” status.

Jan 5, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #562 of 8,367
I am about three Blackwood orders away from “sanding and Finishing” status.

5 or 6 ahead of me :) Ours will probably go out together. I can't wait -- well I suppose I'll have to, but...

Jan 5, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #564 of 8,367
Jan 6, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #565 of 8,367
Can anyone clarify how large the soundstage is on this in relation to other headphones?

Jan 8, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #566 of 8,367
More movement on the Blackwoods -- I think Zach is pushing hard as he nears the deadline.

I still can't wait :)

Jan 10, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #568 of 8,367
Just a quick update - Teak Auteurs will start shipping this week with Blackwood starting to ship next week. I am not sure exactly how many Teak auteurs will ship this week as this is our first run of production sets. They are looking and sounding great so far though and I'm excited to get them to you all. The Blackwood sets take quite a bit of extra time both with machining, sanding and finishing, and polishing. We really figured out how to get them looking fantastic though. It's such a fantastic wood!

The cases for the Blackwood sets are in, I'll try to get some "official" pics of them by next week so you can all see the case with the headphones!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jan 10, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #569 of 8,367
Just a quick update - Teak Auteurs will start shipping this week with Blackwood starting to ship next week. I am not sure exactly how many Teak auteurs will ship this week as this is our first run of production sets. They are looking and sounding great so far though and I'm excited to get them to you all. The Blackwood sets take quite a bit of extra time both with machining, sanding and finishing, and polishing. We really figured out how to get them looking fantastic though. It's such a fantastic wood!

The cases for the Blackwood sets are in, I'll try to get some "official" pics of them by next week so you can all see the case with the headphones!

Awesome @zach915m

I am hoping to get my Blackwood Auteur by my birthday in early February. It will be great seeing, feeling and hearing it.

Jan 11, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #570 of 8,367
I think you guys will like what you see in the following pic

IMG_20180111_092106.jpg

Can't write impressions just yet. I'm waiting for my Norne cable to arrive first. Wood looks wonderful in person, pics just don't do it justice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back