ZMF Auteur Thread
Jul 4, 2018 at 11:07 PM Post #1,816 of 8,377
On another note, how are people storing the Auteurs when not in use? Is it okay to use a headphone stand? If so, are you just hanging it from both straps, or in between the suspension strap and the main leather band? I just want to make sure I'm promoting longevity.
Capture.JPG

Jul 5, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #1,817 of 8,377
Awesome! I've always been curious about the Auteur + ZDS/Aficionado pairing and this pushes that curiosity even further. I'm tempted to sell/trade my Liquid Crimson for one of those ECs just so I can do a head to head vs the Liquid Glass.
I'd love to hear a glenn otl amp vs aficionado
I actually store mine in the wood box every night lol

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #1,818 of 8,377

Me too, because of four cats. None of my headphones are out in the open.

Jul 5, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #1,819 of 8,377
I just leave them on my desk, headphone stands are ugly and take up room.

Jul 5, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #1,822 of 8,377
On another note, how are people storing the Auteurs when not in use? Is it okay to use a headphone stand? If so, are you just hanging it from both straps, or in between the suspension strap and the main leather band? I just want to make sure I'm promoting longevity.

I do not own the Auteur, but I do own the Atticus and it has the exact same hardware and headband....I always use a headphone stand unless I am not going to be using them for awhile...then I put them in the case.
I am probably more anal than most about my gear, I don't even like to lay my headphones down on my desk, for fear of knocking them off, lol.

I also put some conditioner and polish on mine about once a month....Zach's headphones are so cool looking that I feel they deserve it.
I can highly recommend Howard Feed-N-Wax wood polish and conditioner. Easy to use, wipe on a piece of soft flannel cloth, wipe on headphone, let sit for 15 minutes , then wipe off.

Your cans will be conditioned and polished and look wonderful.
DSC01170.JPG

Congrats on your Auteur purchase, I have heard it and it is such a great sounding headphone.

Jul 5, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #1,823 of 8,377
Got my ash Auteur today, right out of the box sounding pretty good, my first impression was that it was extremely comfy and sounded really I mean really close to a Focal Clear in a good sense. From what I've heard today it's a darker version of the Clear with a bigger soundstage all around and a much more natural timbre, less snappy and airy of course but it stayed very nicely composed and controlled just like the Clear in my system. Haven't even touched the 2K cable and the normal + suede Eikon pads so far, quite impressed I must say, hell of a headphone you made Zach!

Jul 5, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #1,824 of 8,377
Got my ash Auteur today, right out of the box sounding pretty good, my first impression was that it was extremely comfy and sounded really I mean really close to a Focal Clear in a good sense. From what I've heard today it's a darker version of the Clear with a bigger soundstage all around and a much more natural timbre, less snappy and airy of course but it stayed very nicely composed and controlled just like the Clear in my system. Haven't even touched the 2K cable and the normal + suede Eikon pads so far, quite impressed I must say, hell of a headphone you made Zach!
Did you hear them straight out of the rme adi pro and or v281 ?

Jul 6, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #1,827 of 8,377

Garage kept. Thats how the pros do it!
Me too, because of four cats. None of my headphones are out in the open.
YIKES I just thought about one of your cats using it as a scratching post and it made me cringe... I hope they are good cats? Thankfully the most my cat would do it maybe rub its face on my headphone.
I do not own the Auteur, but I do own the Atticus and it has the exact same hardware and headband....I always use a headphone stand unless I am not going to be using them for awhile...then I put them in the case.
I am probably more anal than most about my gear, I don't even like to lay my headphones down on my desk, for fear of knocking them off, lol.

I also put some conditioner and polish on mine about once a month....Zach's headphones are so cool looking that I feel they deserve it.
I can highly recommend Howard Feed-N-Wax wood polish and conditioner. Easy to use, wipe on a piece of soft flannel cloth, wipe on headphone, let sit for 15 minutes , then wipe off.

Your cans will be conditioned and polished and look wonderful.

Congrats on your Auteur purchase, I have heard it and it is such a great sounding headphone.
WOW every time I see those its like the very first time lol. So pretty its staggering.

Jul 6, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #1,829 of 8,377

Users who are viewing this thread

Back