ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
May 16, 2022 at 9:29 PM Post #841 of 6,235
Got my order confirmation email at 8:01 pm ET on April 7, so within a minute of launch. Patiently waiting. Having other ZMFs makes it easier fortunately. But gaaahhh I want to know what all the hype is about!
Did you get your ship notice yet?

May 16, 2022 at 9:36 PM Post #842 of 6,235
According to them, there should be an "assembly" stage after sanding and finishing. My guess is that it's difficult for them to send out a bunch of updated emails for everyone when they are still trying to deliver the large quantity of orders they got from the Atrium launch. I'm still crossing my fingers that my order gets shipped this week.
It's best not to go by that I think. IIRC Zach has said before he doesn't always get to those notifications. One happy day you'll wake up & there will be a shipment notification waiting for you, Hopefully sooner than later.

May 16, 2022 at 11:24 PM Post #844 of 6,235
May 17, 2022 at 1:25 AM Post #845 of 6,235
@zach915m Any chance of a Manchurian Ash Atrium (open or closed) at some point? I absolutely love my Ash Auteur, and I even preferred my Ash VC to my Olive VC. It’s seems to fit my sonic preferences perfectly. I also think it’s one of the coolest looking woods Zach uses. I think the swirling grain of Manchurian Ash would look particularly incredible around a black Atrium grill!

I even sold my Blackwood Auteur, something I thought I’d never do, because I love the look and sound of my Ash Auteur so much. There’s something special about it. Check out my profile picture to see what I mean.

Needless to say, I will be powerless to resist an Ash Atrium in any form.

Here’s my very poor mock-up of what a hypothetical Ash Atrium would look like using my Auteur as the stand-in:
E61869D9-272C-4A24-B595-261E12A45026.jpeg

Last edited:
May 17, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #846 of 6,235
@zach915m Any chance of a Manchurian Ash Atrium (open or closed) at some point? I absolutely love my Ash Auteur, and I even preferred my Ash VC to my Olive VC. It’s seems to fit my sonic preferences perfectly. I also think it’s one of the coolest looking woods Zach uses. I think the swirling grain of Manchurian Ash would look particularly incredible around a black Atrium grill!

I even sold my Blackwood Auteur, something I thought I’d never do, because I love the look and sound of my Ash Auteur so much. There’s something special about it. Check out my profile picture to see what I mean.

Here’s my very poor mock-up of what a hypothetical Ash Atrium would look like using my Auteur as the stand-in:
That mock-up gives me feelings I wouldn’t want to describe to my kid…

May 17, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #847 of 6,235

Manchurian Ash is one of my favorite wood types. I'd love to get a ZMF in Ash, but the timing hasn't been there yet for me.

May 17, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #848 of 6,235

Manchurian Ash is one of my favorite wood types. I'd love to get a ZMF in Ash, but the timing hasn't been there yet for me.
HA that's a great mock-up!

Who knows but yeah Ash would be a fun one.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
May 17, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #849 of 6,235

Kind of reminds me of an all day sucker for audiophiles 😎

May 17, 2022 at 8:51 PM Post #850 of 6,235
May 17, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #851 of 6,235
I ordered first or second day and it came last week, sounds pretty good. Not sure the stock pads are for me, frankly, I'm preferring the Auteur at this point. I'm thinking Auteur 2 might've been a better choice. Atrium goes more in the Senn 800 direction than I had hoped.

I may have to check out the forthcoming closed back version of Atrium: ZMF Arena.

May 17, 2022 at 10:05 PM Post #852 of 6,235
As pretty as the Manchurian Ash would be, I'd really like to see an atrium release in a harder wood. We currently have two softer woods, cherry and koa (both lovely!), but not only do I like the faster sound of the harder woods, but I also like that I don't scratch them as much :).

Basically, I should have gotten one of the bocote.

Now...Cocobolo. An Atrium matching my auteur....that would be magic :).

May 17, 2022 at 10:33 PM Post #853 of 6,235
As pretty as the Manchurian Ash would be, I'd really like to see an atrium release in a harder wood. We currently have two softer woods, cherry and koa (both lovely!), but not only do I like the faster sound of the harder woods, but I also like that I don't scratch them as much :).

Basically, I should have gotten one of the bocote.

Now...Cocobolo. An Atrium matching my auteur....that would be magic :).
I really regret getting the cherry wood now, as I've got a small chip out of it already. I don't want to send it back to get the wood repaired, if that's even an option, because I absolutely can't go weeks or months without it. The chip doesn't affect the sound at all, but in the future I will be paying attention to how hard the wood is.

May 17, 2022 at 10:56 PM Post #854 of 6,235
I ordered first or second day and it came last week, sounds pretty good. Not sure the stock pads are for me, frankly, I'm preferring the Auteur at this point. I'm thinking Auteur 2 might've been a better choice. Atrium goes more in the Senn 800 direction than I had hoped.

I may have to check out the forthcoming closed back version of Atrium: ZMF Arena.
If you're finding them too bright you can definitely check out the solid mesh and/or hybrid and suede pads to make them smoother.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
May 18, 2022 at 1:08 AM Post #855 of 6,235
If you're finding them too bright you can definitely check out the solid mesh and/or hybrid and suede pads to make them smoother.

I love this philosophy. Pad and mesh rolling, combined with tube rolling creates many permutations to explore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back