ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
May 16, 2022 at 2:11 AM Post #827 of 6,152
I use this album to test sub bass ever since I first heard it on my old LCD-2.1 pre fazor. It was truly the first time I was impressed with the Audeze.

It has been far too long to provide a meaningful comparison, but thru the Atrium I do not feel like im missing something.

OMG this sounds amazing on the Atriums & Euforia! So much space and texture
Sign of good sounding headphone: People start to sharing their favourite songs, instead doing endless debate about measurement
Couldn't agree more. Brings us together :beyersmile:

May 16, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #828 of 6,152
OMG this sounds amazing on the Atriums & Euforia! So much space and texture
It's a really great album, not only to test bass, but to just chill and listen too

May 16, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #829 of 6,152
May 16, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #830 of 6,152
It's a new week and I still haven't received any updates regarding my aged cherry Atrium order after the initial email telling me it was in the sanding and finishing stage.

@zach915m said that most orders would ship by the end of May so that really only leaves a couple weeks potentially left. Looking forward to receiving my order :)

May 16, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #831 of 6,152
It's a new week and I still haven't received any updates regarding my aged cherry Atrium order after the initial email telling me it was in the sanding and finishing stage.

@zach915m said that most orders would ship by the end of May so that really only leaves a couple weeks potentially left. Looking forward to receiving my order :)

Same here, Aged Cherry ordered 15th, I believe this is the week :fingers_crossed:

May 16, 2022 at 2:52 PM Post #832 of 6,152

All of their update emails are sent manually, aside from the one sent out when they’re ready to be shipped. It’s odd to me that they don’t have those set up to be sent automatically somehow.

I got mine in last Friday and the sanding email was the last one I got prior to it being shipped out.

May 16, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #833 of 6,152

From my experience I never even got the sanding and finishing stage. It went from the first update to the "it's on the way" email.

May 16, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #834 of 6,152
I think this will be the case for any wood on the Atrium, from Cherry to Blackwood. Between the openness and the atrium dampening system, you're better off picking the wood based on aesthetics (and weight) as it's been reported that the differences between woods will be less then any other ZMF models.

My experience with the Cherry set is exactly as you described with yours wrt decay and speed. It's a very addicting listen.

On the subject of bass... while the VC digs down into the sub-bass region with slightly more rumble, I don't feel the Atrium is necessarily lacking. Maybe people are used to associating the heavy mid-bass punch with boomy sub-bass? What's there is very clean on the Atrium
I very much agree with you on both fronts. Decay is closely managed by the damping system in Atrium. One example would be the noticeable change in decay on VO when switching to the Be2 pad. Decay is affected with the driver closer to your ear. With Atrium and the Be2, I don't really detect that change as much.

As for Bass, I typically listen with a bass shelf around 100Hz. Increasing the shelf up to 9db or so clearly demonstrates what you describe. With VO or VC, the sub-bass after-effect is more emphasized. This is one of the traits I love about the Verite. It's especially nice when listening at lower volume. With Atrium, there is almost identical punch, but with a more natural, controlled sub-bass decay effect. This is very favorable with rock recordings. It can absolutely nail the natural tone of drum strikes/kicks and also strong presence of bass guitar. As I've said before, it's even more noticeable when listening to records cut from analog sources.

These differences coupled with pad options makes a case for owning Atrium and one or both Verite options for someone with both digital and analog sources in their setup.

May 16, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #835 of 6,152
All of their update emails are sent manually, aside from the one sent out when they’re ready to be shipped. It’s odd to me that they don’t have those set up to be sent automatically somehow.

I got mine in last Friday and the sanding email was the last one I got prior to it being shipped out.
According to them, there should be an "assembly" stage after sanding and finishing. My guess is that it's difficult for them to send out a bunch of updated emails for everyone when they are still trying to deliver the large quantity of orders they got from the Atrium launch. I'm still crossing my fingers that my order gets shipped this week.

May 16, 2022 at 6:29 PM Post #836 of 6,152
Woo hoo! Just got this notice today

Ordered: April 7 2022
Shipped: May 16, 2022
:

ZMF Headphones

ORDER #XXX​

Items in this shipment​

mail
Atrium LTD Koa × 1
mail
Vérité Pads × 1
BE² Suede (perforated)

Last edited:
May 16, 2022 at 7:42 PM Post #838 of 6,152
Woo hoo! Just got this notice today

Ordered: April 7 2022
Shipped: May 16, 2022
:

ZMF Headphones

ORDER #XXX​

Items in this shipment​

mail
Atrium LTD Koa × 1
mail
Vérité Pads × 1
BE² Suede (perforated)
Nice! Think you'll like the big contrast between those pads.

May 16, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #839 of 6,152
May 16, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #840 of 6,152
I ordered on April 8th. Hopefully this is a good sign for me :)
Got my order confirmation email at 8:01 pm ET on April 7, so within a minute of launch. Patiently waiting. Having other ZMFs makes it easier fortunately. But gaaahhh I want to know what all the hype is about!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back