ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
May 19, 2022 at 7:45 AM Post #871 of 6,181
What is a 'stabilized' ZMF? Heard the term thrown around a lot.
ZMF_Verite_Closed_Resin_1.jpg

this :)

May 19, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #875 of 6,181
It is stabilized (resin injected) wood. Looks great but I prefer natural looking wood.
My preferences for natural wood also.

May 19, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #877 of 6,181
May 19, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #878 of 6,181
@HiFiHawaii808 Nice. Looking forward to your impressions! Please enlighten more about the atrium and ferrum chord pairing! My atrium will be arriving in two weeks and my gear is similar albeit few tier below tt2, it is chord qutest and ferrum stack... hoping i can get away with the synergy!..
The Atrium really rocks with the Ferrum Orr. The input tube on my Ampsandsound Rockwell just burned out, so I can't test them with my tube amp until I get a replacement. I know I prefer the VC with my tube amp. The Atrium has more neutral tuning, so it really opens up the Classical and Jazz music in my collection where I might switch to Susvara over VC. Having both the VC and Atrium does a great job of covering all genre of music in my library. This is what I was hoping for and why I was in the market for an Auteur as Zach made the announcement for the Atriums. Then, he announced Koa for both VC and Atrium and I had to get a matching set. If there is such a thing as end game (there isn't), then these 2 are my end game headphones for ZMF. They cover my library in the wood from my home state that I absolutely love.

May 19, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #879 of 6,181
The Atrium really rocks with the Ferrum Orr.
This is really great to hear!
it really opens up the Classical and Jazz music in my collection where I might switch to Susvara over VC. Having both the VC and Atrium does a great job of covering all genre of music in my library. This is what I was hoping for and why I was in the market for an Auteur as Zach made the announcement for the Atriums.
This is great to hear too. About half the music I listen to is jazz or some kind of acoustic music, and I was hoping the Atrium might be a more resolving, punchier step up from the Auteur, which I love with jazz and acoustic music. I suspect that for hip-hop, pop, and other kinds of electronic music, the VC may still be my go-to.

ETA for my Koa is tomorrow!

May 19, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #880 of 6,181
We didn't see a KOA Atrium with stainless steel yet ! There is a demand for pictures hehe.

May 19, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #881 of 6,181
This is really great to hear!

This is great to hear too. About half the music I listen to is jazz or some kind of acoustic music, and I was hoping the Atrium might be a more resolving, punchier step up from the Auteur, which I love with jazz and acoustic music. I suspect that for hip-hop, pop, and other kinds of electronic music, the VC may still be my go-to.

ETA for my Koa is tomorrow!
I have not heard the Auteur so I can't comment on it, but I agree with everything else in your post. I prefer my VC for bass oriented music. Auteur for classical and jazz. Acoustic guitar plays well, too for the same reason. VC are more resolving which is most noticeable in the bass.

Last edited:
May 19, 2022 at 9:34 PM Post #884 of 6,181
I can't decide whether that's profound or meaningless
It's an un-common "Tinglish" phrase

23422b0b0c7b778c2be3784051438a00.jpg

You cant throw a stick without hitting a "Same, Same But Different" t-shirt in Thailand. Oddly, in my eleven years of living there I never once heard it used by a Thai, only farangs.. which is a not so flattering Thai word for all foreigners

May 20, 2022 at 2:31 AM Post #885 of 6,181
I can't decide whether that's profound or meaningless
Profoundly meaningless, complex in it's simplicity, and straightforward in a very nuanced way. Universally true but only when applicable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back