ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Apr 17, 2024 at 11:30 PM Post #6,091 of 6,199
Stabilized Atrium Units are up for viewing - release this Friday - April 19th at 8:30Am CST // 13:30 UTC

https://shop.zmfheadphones.com/collections/stock-headphones

Some Sauce:

_DSC3988.jpgDSC00202.jpgDSC00209.jpgDSC00218.jpgDSC00225.jpgDSC00234.jpg

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Apr 18, 2024 at 5:47 AM Post #6,095 of 6,199
I'm not so much a stabilized guy...but that Marblecake Walnut pair, wow 😍
For real - some great looking stabilized as always...but that walnut is gorgeous

Apr 18, 2024 at 7:20 AM Post #6,096 of 6,199
Apr 18, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #6,097 of 6,199
I am shocked (SHOCKED!) to report that I am not tempted to replace my beautiful stock cherry Atrium with any of those stabilized sets. I still love the stock look. Now if that marblecake walnut set had copper or gunmetal grills, it would be a different story :L3000:

Apr 18, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #6,098 of 6,199
I am shocked (SHOCKED!) to report that I am not tempted to replace my beautiful stock cherry Atrium with any of those stabilized sets. I still love the stock look. Now if that marblecake walnut set had copper or gunmetal grills, it would be a different story :L3000:
Amen, the stock cherry is still so incredible looking i have no desire to change.

Apr 18, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #6,099 of 6,199

Amen, the stock cherry is still so incredible looking i have no desire to change.

Its funny how this becomes a conundrum. I'm pretty sure I will pick up an Atrium at some point, and having seen the cherry in person at canjam I do really like the look. But I'm still on the fence it I would get stock or to wait for a really nice set and try to grab that one. Would definitely go for a black & white ebony set though. So far that's my all time favourite wood

Apr 18, 2024 at 12:37 PM Post #6,100 of 6,199
I always feel the same way about the stabilized Auteur Classics. I haven't seen a set yet (even among the LTDs) that makes me want to switch from my stock pair.

Apr 18, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #6,102 of 6,199
I am thinking of perhaps getting an atrium closed, how similar in sound signature are the open and closed models? I love the lush midrange so I was wondering if it was carried across.
I'd say if you like one, you'd like the other. They're not identical, but they do sound closely related. The open is a bit more balanced and refined sounding due to it's more even tuning. The closed is a bit bassier and slightly V or W shaped. The mids are a touch farther back on the closed, but can be brought more forward with pad swapping. I use BE2 solid lambskin pads for mine and love it. Its not as bassy as the stock Caldera lamb pads, but not far off either, with more air up top and more present mids. The stock suede pads are a bit too neutral sounding for my tastes, though I do appreciate them on occasion for classical music. But for most of my listening on the closed it's the BE2 pads for the win. You do get the nice warm midrange like the open (though not quite as good, but close) but with more aggressive bass and more air. A very fun exciting listen.

If midrange magic is your thing and you're not too concerned with ultimate resolution, give the Bokeh a listen. Its mids are more forward than the AC naturally, with more lushness and midbass kick. The AC is more refined sounding overall, but IMO the Bokeh is a bit more fun in the middle.

Apr 19, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #6,103 of 6,199
Just got my Zebrawood Atriums and I'm very happy with them so far. My biggest complaint is that the tips of my ears touch the fabric covering the drivers, making them uncomfortable to wear for longer periods of time. Does anyone have any recommendations for larger pads that'll push the headphones a little further away from my head? I'm using the perforated universe lamb right now.

Apr 19, 2024 at 12:13 PM Post #6,104 of 6,199
Just got my Zebrawood Atriums and I'm very happy with them so far. My biggest complaint is that the tips of my ears touch the fabric covering the drivers, making them uncomfortable to wear for longer periods of time. Does anyone have any recommendations for larger pads that'll push the headphones a little further away from my head? I'm using the perforated universe lamb right now.
Auteur pads are probably the most spacious and deep. Not sure whether they'll push the sound outside your preference or not for the Atrium. Can also try some paracord under the pad rim if you just need a touch more depth.

Apr 19, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #6,105 of 6,199
Not a recommendation for larger pads at all, but just been enjoying the heck out of the BE2 suede pads the last few days on the Atrium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back