ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Apr 13, 2024 at 8:50 AM Post #6,061 of 6,198
Been doing a fair bit of listening to this band over the past week via my Atriums. Really enjoy prog through them and they really do a great job presenting Gavin Harrison's drumming.

1713012610229.jpeg

Apr 14, 2024 at 10:18 AM Post #6,062 of 6,198
Just sharing what I've posted in the Icon Audio HP8 thread.
One of my regrets in this hobby was selling my HP8 last year. So, recently, I reached out to Warren at Audiorcan to buy a new HP8 Signature. The pairing of this amp with the Atrium is simply outstanding! While I appreciate my WA3, the HP8 truly enhances the Atrium experience. I also want to give a shoutout to Warren, he's one of the best sellers (with Zach of course) I've had the privilege of dealing with!

p7R49jh.jpg

Apr 14, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #6,063 of 6,198
One of my regrets in this hobby was selling my HP8 last year. So, recently, I reached out to Warren at Audiorcan to buy a new HP8 Signature. The pairing of this amp with the Atrium is simply outstanding! While I appreciate my WA3, the HP8 truly enhances the Atrium experience. I also want to give a shoutout to Warren, he's one of the best sellers (with Zach of course) I've had the privilege of dealing with!

p7R49jh.jpg
And some top-notch gear staging to boot!

Any idea what the output impedance is in hi-z?

Apr 14, 2024 at 11:05 AM Post #6,064 of 6,198
And some top-notch gear staging to boot!

Any idea what the output impedance is in hi-z?

That's a good question. I don't think they've provided that spec in the manual or on the website. Personally, I've got my Atrium set to Medium and my Grado on Low. This amp is pretty powerful, someone told me it's great for the Caldera too. It's definitely the best amp I've tried with my Atrium so far!

Apr 14, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #6,065 of 6,198

p7R49jh.jpg
With all these tube amps posted lately it really makes me want to sell some things to have a friend of mine build an Aegis for me.

Apr 14, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #6,066 of 6,198
With all these tube amps posted lately it really makes me want to sell some things to have a friend of mine build an Aegis for me.

I'd say go for it if you have the budget. The Atrium really shines with a higher-quality amp. I've been using the WA3 for the last 6 months, and it's been a great amp for the Atrium. But switching to the HP8, I can really feel the difference.

Apr 14, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #6,067 of 6,198

The Aegis is a wonderful amp, which offers and incredibly expansive sound stage and refined presentation. I can’t recommend it enough!

Apr 14, 2024 at 1:31 PM Post #6,069 of 6,198
Hard to imagine anything that will top my VO, but I’m intrigued!

I still love my VO. I don’t think either the AO or VO bests each other, they are just such different flavors. But if you like the ZMF house sound, getting the AO will expose you to a whole new experience (and these two headphones are highly complementary). The VO offer a speedier and snappier presentation while the AO renders the notes with more decay and weight. If you haven’t yet, you should experience it..

Apr 14, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #6,070 of 6,198
I still love my VO. I don’t think either the AO or VO bests each other, they are just such different flavors. But if you like the ZMF house sound, getting the AO will expose you to a whole new experience (and these two headphones are highly complementary). The VO offer a speedier and snappier presentation while the AO renders the notes with more decay and weight. If you haven’t yet, you should experience it..
It's kind of clichéd, but more often than not, whatever ZMF is on my head is my favorite. :L3000:

Apr 14, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #6,071 of 6,198
It's kind of clichéd, but more often than not, whatever ZMF is on my head is my favorite. :L3000:

Haha, I know what you mean! I've been using the Bokeh for the past hour, thinking I was still using the Atrium. I was like, "Okay, time to switch to the Bokeh," but when I took them off, I was surprised to find out I had been listening to the Bokeh the whole time, thinking it was the Atrium.

Apr 14, 2024 at 8:43 PM Post #6,072 of 6,198

p7R49jh.jpg

It's such a great looking amp too! Love how compact it is. If I'm ever in the business of getting an OTC this is high up on the list for sure. Heard nothing but fantastic things with ZMF and Icon HP8.

Apr 14, 2024 at 10:21 PM Post #6,073 of 6,198
The Aegis is a wonderful amp, which offers and incredibly expansive sound stage and refined presentation. I can’t recommend it enough!
How does the Aegis compare to the Decware OTL? Im debating between the two (ahead of the Aegis release) and wondering how similar the sound signatures are. Would primarily use with AO, VC, and potentially Tungsten (if I go with an OTC with enough power)

Apr 14, 2024 at 10:45 PM Post #6,074 of 6,198

p7R49jh.jpg
Beautiful looking, beautiful sounding! By the experience conferred upon me - via ownership of Atrium & HP8 Signature - you are pronounced amp & headphone!! 🎉

Apr 15, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #6,075 of 6,198

Users who are viewing this thread

Back