ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Apr 19, 2024 at 1:05 PM Post #6,106 of 6,223
Just got my Zebrawood Atriums and I'm very happy with them so far. My biggest complaint is that the tips of my ears touch the fabric covering the drivers, making them uncomfortable to wear for longer periods of time. Does anyone have any recommendations for larger pads that'll push the headphones a little further away from my head? I'm using the perforated universe lamb right now.
Definitely try the paracord trick. It doesn’t alter the sound of the pads noticeably (you also don’t have to get new pads) and just involves getting some paracord, cutting the length of the circumference of the pad, and sticking it under the pad between the leather and the fabric backing. It’ll create just a little more distance between ears and the fabric. I used the trick with my Auteurs and it works perfectly.

Apr 19, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #6,107 of 6,223
since we are on the topic of pads, does anyone know if the caldera ultra perf is the same thickess/depth as universe lamb perf? I have a pair of BE2 but i don't really switch to use those; they are too thin and my ears end up touching the driver

Apr 19, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #6,108 of 6,223

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Apr 19, 2024 at 2:29 PM Post #6,109 of 6,223
Both the
since we are on the topic of pads, does anyone know if the caldera ultra perf is the same thickess/depth as universe lamb perf? I have a pair of BE2 but i don't really switch to use those; they are too thin and my ears end up touching the driver
The Caldera Ultra Perf and Universe Lamb Perf pads are identical in thickness/depth (25mm highest/20mm lowest.) The big difference is the fluting on the ear cavity of Caldera pads

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 2:48 PM Post #6,110 of 6,223

If I wasn’t already so enamored by the Enoki Atrium I have, I would have LOVED one or two of the Atrium offerings you had today. Simply gorgeous work, Zach!

Apr 19, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #6,111 of 6,223
Both the

The Caldera Ultra Perf and Universe Lamb Perf pads are identical in thickness/depth (25mm highest/20mm lowest.) The big difference is the fluting on the ear cavity of Caldera pads
thanks; might grab a pair down the line, my universe pads are still serving me well

Apr 19, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #6,112 of 6,223
thanks; might grab a pair down the line, my universe pads are still serving me well
Definitely worth owning both IMO (check out my write-up on them if you haven't, link below). Both pads really bring the best out of the AO, but with different presentations and strengths.

Apr 19, 2024 at 5:50 PM Post #6,113 of 6,223
Anyone label their pads and if so how ? Incredibly easy to get them mixed up 😬 Maybe I need to buy some pad bags from ZMF , I have 3 different sets but only 1 bag !!

Apr 19, 2024 at 6:02 PM Post #6,114 of 6,223
Anyone label their pads and if so how ? Incredibly easy to get them mixed up 😬 Maybe I need to buy some pad bags from ZMF , I have 3 different sets but only 1 bag !!
I use gallon-size ziplock bags and write the model name in Sharpie on it. Not as slick looking as a genuine ZMF bag, but it works. Have also tried writing in metallic sharpie on the inside of the pad lining.

Apr 19, 2024 at 6:03 PM Post #6,115 of 6,223
Sandwich (or quart sized) ziplock bag and a sharpie. Some I can tell apart if I get sloppy, but putting the pad pairs back in its labeled bag (ZMF or DIY) eliminates the need.

Apr 19, 2024 at 6:12 PM Post #6,116 of 6,223
I just have a dozen zmf bags in a pile, none of which match between the pads and labels so I have to look at each one till I find what I want 🤦‍♂️

Apr 19, 2024 at 6:46 PM Post #6,118 of 6,223
I bought the bags and wrote on them with a sharpie

Yeah, I use a silver sharpie to write on them. If I need to change the writing, I've always been able to remove it with Isopropyl alcohol.

Apr 20, 2024 at 12:14 AM Post #6,120 of 6,223
Yeah, I use a silver sharpie to write on them. If I need to change the writing, I've always been able to remove it with Isopropyl alcohol.

I use white sharpie and write pads name write on their back flaps..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back