ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Jul 14, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #1,711 of 6,518
We try to provide a plethora of options for potential owners, if knowing exactly what you're getting is important to you, stabilized and LTD releases like the one this Sunday is the way to go.

If you want a special wood with a certain look, the LTD Cocobolo is an amazing option.

If you want the same sound for the best price and a return option, the stock wood is the way to go.

You also have the option to leave a note at checkout for any of these that days something like "I am very concerned that my headphone might have a knot on it and I don't want one," and then we will spend special attention to picking wood without a knot on it for you because we build each and every one of these from scratch.

That's the kind of quality you can expect from ZMF.

Unfortunately @mvneufeld bought a stock wood in the aged finish, and left no such comment for us letting us know of his sensitivities, and then we offered to examine his headphone for no cost to him with us paying shipping both ways before he posted on this thread. He then used a stain marker on the headphone to try to cover up the natural wood characteristic and also posted a picture on here with bad lighting of a macro shot of the headphone.

Nonetheless we are replacing his headphone free of charge and will eat the cost to repair the one with the stain marker on it, because your guys satisfaction is what matters.

Hope this helps! Please do watch our QC video as well:

If this isn't enough to convince you that @zach915m and the folks at ZMF are here for us, the enthusiast community, and are looking out for you and your interest, then you seriously need to abandon your desire to own a hand-crafted, high quality, customer-service-oriented product from an American-made company.

Seriously, coming from a generation of folks that remember when customer service is what made or broke a company, this level of consideration for the customer is nearly unheard of anymore. I DARE you to find this kind of engagement from Focal, Audeze, Meze, HiFiMan, or any other "Summit-Fi" headphone manufacturer on the planet.

Thank you Zach and the team at ZMF for keeping the CUSTOMER first and not caving in to mass marketing dollars. I'll be a supporter until you give me a reason not to be!

Jul 14, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #1,712 of 6,518
I roughly think cherry is for those who are sensitive to weight or want to have a option to free return.
Those who're obsessed to cosmetic perfection and more beauty, LTD hardwood is usually way to go. Indeed cocobolo is one of my top three wood species (Cocobolo, African Blackwood, and most variants of Ebony). Stabilized ones even feel like a modern art.

I'm very sure when LTDs go live, they will be sold in minutes. History would repeat again.

Jul 14, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #1,713 of 6,518
So when exactly is the stabilized Atrium drop? Tomorrow or Sunday? When can we see what's up for grabs?

Jul 14, 2022 at 7:35 PM Post #1,714 of 6,518
So when exactly is the stabilized Atrium drop? Tomorrow or Sunday? When can we see what's up for grabs?
It’s Sunday - thought Zach had said pics were going up mid week but my guess is we won’t see them til tomorrow after the Auteur Classic drop

Jul 14, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #1,715 of 6,518
From email:
1657841761495.png

Jul 14, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #1,716 of 6,518
If you want a special wood with a certain look, the LTD Cocobolo is an amazing option.

Everyone,

I've seen the Cocobolo on the Atrium at CanJam Chicago at it is breathtakingly beautiful. I almost picked one (was a real debate between that and the Macassar Ebony I ended taking).

It has something in it that is both more classic wood and with an extra color. They are not all the same, some variances exist. But to my taste, they are reall special. If I were looking for my next set now, I'd go for that... :wink:

Jul 14, 2022 at 9:00 PM Post #1,717 of 6,518
What is the price of the Stabilized and Resin sets these days? Making sure I have enough set aside to *hopefully* grab my first Stabilized direct from ZMF 😂

Jul 14, 2022 at 9:05 PM Post #1,718 of 6,518
What is the price of the Stabilized and Resin sets these days? Making sure I have enough set aside to *hopefully* grab my first Stabilized direct from ZMF 😂
Won’t know for this run until they’re up but I think the last resin run in November they were $3500 if I’m not mistaken?

Jul 15, 2022 at 1:48 AM Post #1,719 of 6,518
Nonetheless we are replacing his headphone free of charge and will eat the cost to repair the one with the stain marker on it, because your guys satisfaction is what matters.
Well, if you have to eat the cost at least it was cherry...delicious! 🍒

Jul 15, 2022 at 2:21 AM Post #1,720 of 6,518
We're making the wood case optional because of how tough they have been to have made, and to help bring the price down for those who don't want one. So the Stabilized will be $2999.99 with Seahorse case and then add $200 for a wood case. The Resin are $3299.99 with Seahorse and add $200 for wood.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jul 15, 2022 at 3:50 AM Post #1,721 of 6,518
We're making the wood case optional because of how tough they have been to have made, and to help bring the price down for those who don't want one. So the Stabilized will be $2999.99 with Seahorse case and then add $200 for a wood case. The Resin are $3299.99 with Seahorse and add $200 for wood.
Will it be delivered right away if I order this time?

Jul 15, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #1,722 of 6,518
Love this! The wood case is case is nice but seahorse is actually nicer for protection IMO and I usually just keep it in my closet anyways. Nice way to save some cash

Jul 15, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #1,723 of 6,518
Oops. Wrong thread.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #1,724 of 6,518
Love this! The wood case is case is nice but seahorse is actually nicer for protection IMO and I usually just keep it in my closet anyways. Nice way to save some cash
I received a very nice wooden case with my blackwood Aeolus. It's obviously far less protective/impact-proof than the seahorse case...but fancy & nice.

That is, until I dropped it on the floor of my garage on day. Suddenly my wooden case was in pieces. I felt like such an idiot.

All in all, I prefer the hard plastic case.

Jul 15, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #1,725 of 6,518
The atrium was supposed to be my first purchase of this type, but after what I saw in the photo, I started to be a bit afraid of it and I think I will just give up.
Nevertheless, I admire Your art Zach, because nobody makes such beautyful Headphone like You do :)
Qna89, I think it is a mistake for you to give up based on one person's (my) experience when there are literally thousands of satisfied ZMF customers. Those customers (and I) absolutely love ZMF craftsmanship and the wonderful sound of ZMF headphones. You should not miss out on the Atrium - it is a very special headphone.

ZMF has excellent customer support. They are replacing my headphone and I'm sure I'll soon be very happy.
When you place your order, just mention your situation and they will make every effort to give you what you want.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back