ZMF Atrium Closed
Jun 9, 2023 at 8:22 AM Post #1,276 of 3,270
Jun 9, 2023 at 8:30 AM Post #1,277 of 3,270
Nice. Such a beautiful headphone. Loving the one I have in house currently. So much fun…

I actually received my Cen. Grand amp yesterday. I can’t wait to hear it with my AC. Right now all I have is an old is an old Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open which I pulled out of the closet to break in the amp.

I’m curious to see how this beautiful headphone cable sounds on the AC as well.

Attachments

• IMG_5568.jpeg
    IMG_5568.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5565.jpeg
    IMG_5565.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Jun 9, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #1,278 of 3,270
I actually received my Cen. Grand amp yesterday. I can’t wait to hear it with my AC. Right now all I have is an old is an old Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open which I pulled out of the closet to break in the amp.

The Silver Fox or Little Silver Fox? The reviews and thoughts about their amps are extremely strong. Many are already using as their reference amp. It looks legit... Hope you enjoy your new reference amp.

Jun 9, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #1,280 of 3,270
Jun 9, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #1,281 of 3,270
Trevor’s cables are fantastic with ZMF headphones (my two proof points are below). 😍 Congratulations!

Attachments

• IMG_2430.jpeg
    IMG_2430.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Jun 10, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #1,283 of 3,270
The Silver Fox. If Jon Grandberg says
it’s legit, then it’s legit!
I have 2 friends with the Silver Fox and both (John being one of them) say it is the best SS amp they have heard. Arthur keeps trying to convince me to get one, which I would if I didn't own a CFA3. I absolutely adore my CFA3 which also has sentimental value as I went through a lot to take ownership. I will never get rid of my CFA3. Thankfully it is also the best SS amp I have ever owned which makes that decision easy. I don't pretend to think it is the end all in amplification, but it is perfect for my listening preferences. That being said, I am a little bit jealous of those who own the Silver Fox. Cen.Grand makes amazing products. The Super Clock DAC is amazing. It is without question the most "analog" DAC I have ever owned. However the X2 Pure seems to pair better with my amps. It isn't necessarily better, but is better for me.

The AC has never sounded more resolute in my system than it does with my CFA3, HP8 and the new X2 Pure. I wasn't expecting to like the X2 Pure as much as I do, but it is the best DAC I have had in my system. It is buttery smooth with incredible balance and extension. The AC sounds completely grain free, open and honest. It slams as it should, nothing more. The X2P and HP8 with (RCA 6SN7 Narrow Gaps and a RFT Rohre 12T7) sound so effortless with the AC. I can hear both the leading and trailing edge of the notes. There is so much "there there" to the sound. There was a feminist book from the 1970s called "Be Here Now". It is exactly how I feel when listening to the AC. 100% present, out on the ledge with my favorite musicians as they communicate through their instruments. Sometimes it is the only language I truly understand and the AC makes me feel fluent.

Congratulations on taking ownership of a Silver Fox and I can't wait to hear your impressions of the AC with the Silver Fox. My buddy just put a SR Orange Fuse in his Silver Fox and claims that it has added another layer of clarity and depth. Honestly, I didn't think from his impressions that it was possible to take another level up. I guess great amplification continues to improve the more we use it. The more we learn its language, the more we listen, the better we hear. As a chef, I am acutely aware that the more I taste, the more refined my palate becomes. Listening is no different. It is a muscle, a skill; one that continues to evolve as we grow with our listening habits. Being on purpose with my listening has enabled me to love this hobby even more. Having at my disposal headphones like the AC, the AO and my all time favortie, the LFF Code X makes it all the more pleasurable.

I hope this finds you all well tonight. Yet again I am up way to late..."one more song", "one more song". Lather, rinse, repeat!

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #1,284 of 3,270
Would love to hear more comparisons from VC owners about the differences/similarities of the AC and VC.

Talking about how they sound, not how they look.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #1,286 of 3,270
I have 2 friends with the Silver Fox and both (John being one of them) say it is the best SS amp they have heard. Arthur keeps trying to convince me to get one, which I would if I didn't own a CFA3. I absolutely adore my CFA3 which also has sentimental value as I went through a lot to take ownership. I will never get rid of my CFA3. Thankfully it is also the best SS amp I have ever owned which makes that decision easy. I don't pretend to think it is the end all in amplification, but it is perfect for my listening preferences. That being said, I am a little bit jealous of those who own the Silver Fox. Cen.Grand makes amazing products. The Super Clock DAC is amazing. It is without question the most "analog" DAC I have ever owned. However the X2 Pure seems to pair better with my amps. It isn't necessarily better, but is better for me.

The AC has never sounded more resolute in my system than it does with my CFA3, HP8 and the new X2 Pure. I wasn't expecting to like the X2 Pure as much as I do, but it is the best DAC I have had in my system. It is buttery smooth with incredible balance and extension. The AC sounds completely grain free, open and honest. It slams as it should, nothing more. The X2P and HP8 with (RCA 6SN7 Narrow Gaps and a RFT Rohre 12T7) sound so effortless with the AC. I can hear both the leading and trailing edge of the notes. There is so much "there there" to the sound. There was a feminist book from the 1970s called "Be Here Now". It is exactly how I feel when listening to the AC. 100% present, out on the ledge with my favorite musicians as they communicate through their instruments. Sometimes it is the only language I truly understand and the AC makes me feel fluent.

Congratulations on taking ownership of a Silver Fox and I can't wait to hear your impressions of the AC with the Silver Fox. My buddy just put a SR Orange Fuse in his Silver Fox and claims that it has added another layer of clarity and depth. Honestly, I didn't think from his impressions that it was possible to take another level up. I guess great amplification continues to improve the more we use it. The more we learn its language, the more we listen, the better we hear. As a chef, I am acutely aware that the more I taste, the more refined my palate becomes. Listening is no different. It is a muscle, a skill; one that continues to evolve as we grow with our listening habits. Being on purpose with my listening has enabled me to love this hobby even more. Having at my disposal headphones like the AC, the AO and my all time favortie, the LFF Code X makes it all the more pleasurable.

I hope this finds you all well tonight. Yet again I am up way to late..."one more song", "one more song". Lather, rinse, repeat!
I remember you had the CFA3. I had Miroslav (Dukei) build mine. I used it with my 1266 TC. I ended up selling both last Spring when I decided to take a break from the hobby and was just listening to speakers.

So now I'm back in. John is a friend and so is Arthur. Actually Arthur lived 20 minutes from me prior to us both moving within the last year. So hence I've been in that Violectric and Silver Fox "family".

I'm looking forward to receiving the AC, and I'll let you know my impression of the combo AC/Silver Fox.

I tried the SR Orange fuse a couple of years ago in my Sonnet Morpheus DAC along with my Audio Research Pre and Amp. At first liked like the holographic soundstage, but I felt it robbed dynamics and impact, and so I sold them and went back to the stock fuses.

Jun 10, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #1,287 of 3,270
There are quite a few YouTube videos that discuss this.
That hasn’t been my experience. There are only 3-4 videos up at all, and while I’ve seen a few comparisons to the AO there are few who discuss the VC as a direct comparator.

Also I’d like to hear from members who may not have the time/inclination to post a video.

Jun 10, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #1,288 of 3,270
Was tied up at work and didnt realize it was shipped until it showed up yesterday evening at my front door! Those looks damn so stunning in person than in picture!

Right off the bat noticed it requires a bit more oomph for amp volume pot, say if my VC is at 10'0 clock position for my normal listening this needs to be at least at 11 'clock position for my ears to have same volume level. May be coz of different drivers? Not a knock by any means just a quick observation and gonna let this burn over the weekend.

The fit and comfort are very nice btw - feels more comfortable than VC to me and VC is no slouch either.

Attachments

• ok - IMG_1570.jpeg
    ok - IMG_1570.jpeg
    815.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1564.jpeg
    IMG_1564.jpeg
    593.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1566.jpeg
    IMG_1566.jpeg
    807.9 KB · Views: 0
Jun 10, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #1,289 of 3,270
@zach915m now get my AC Olive LTD finished and bring it on the way to me, I am already well prepared and waiting! :grin:

Rottmans.Olive.Stand.03.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back