ZMF Atrium Closed
Jul 1, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #1,456 of 3,209
I'll be honest. I thought the suede pads would kill the bass. They don't not at all. I didn't believe everyone when they said that. These are great and the bass is still incredible. I've been listening to some records for a few hours now. Super comfy as well. It is still early but I think I'm going to have these on for awhile.

It is nice to have options and switching them will get me better at pad swapping lol.
Welcome to the suede side 🤣

Jul 1, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #1,457 of 3,209
I'll be honest. I thought the suede pads would kill the bass. They don't not at all. I didn't believe everyone when they said that. These are great and the bass is still incredible. I've been listening to some records for a few hours now. Super comfy as well. It is still early but I think I'm going to have these on for awhile.

It is nice to have options and switching them will get me better at pad swapping lol.
+1

Jul 1, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #1,459 of 3,209
Welcome to the suede side 🤣
🤣🤣

1688223958643.gif

Jul 1, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #1,460 of 3,209
Jul 1, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #1,461 of 3,209
do you guys bother to unplug the headphones before turning off and on? O
Always, especially when powering up. Tubes can arc over, and when that happens your drivers go bye bye.

Jul 1, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #1,463 of 3,209
Atrium Closed #13574 takes its rightful place on my office desk. Working from home has lost its appeal, somehow... IMG_1455.jpg
How do you like them with the WA7? Have been toying with the idea of getting it for my office. That way I could take my AC to the office as well.

Jul 1, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #1,464 of 3,209
They're fantastic with it. I bought the 2nd Gen WA7 you can see on a bit of a whim as I'd read it pairs well with Eikons, Woo currently have a pretty good offer running, it's ridiculously compact but has plenty of power to drive the ACs and there's enough of a tube flavour to add just a bit of warmth. I have little experience with tube amps, but the sound with the ACs is significantly better and more natural than with my solid state Matrix Mini I-Pro 3 or my current DAP, a Shanling M7. Most importantly, for me anyway, the pairing is completely non-fatiguing. Were this for home, I'd go for a 3rd Gen as the DAC and balanced output would make the difference in cost worthwhile, but the line has to be drawn somewhere!

Jul 1, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #1,465 of 3,209
They're fantastic with it. I bought the 2nd Gen WA7 you can see on a bit of a whim as I'd read it pairs well with Eikons, Woo currently have a pretty good offer running, it's ridiculously compact but has plenty of power to drive the ACs and there's enough of a tube flavour to add just a bit of warmth. I have little experience with tube amps, but the sound with the ACs is significantly better and more natural than with my solid state Matrix Mini I-Pro 3 or my current DAP, a Shanling M7. Most importantly, for me anyway, the pairing is completely non-fatiguing. Were this for home, I'd go for a 3rd Gen as the DAC and balanced output would make the difference in cost worthwhile, but the line has to be drawn somewhere!
P.S. the one cautionary note I'd sound is that, from what I've read, the WA7 is a different kind of sound - a bit more neutral - from Woo's OTL amps such as the WA2 and the rolling options are more limited. But unless you have the desk space for an OTL amp, the WA7 may well be for you.

Jul 1, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #1,466 of 3,209
Trying my best to hold off swapping pads out to Suede after reading these awesome comments on them. I have about 60-70 hrs on the AC w/ stock thin and have been very pleased with the results I'm getting off SS and tubes. Every tube swap and cable change have brought differences that only made me smile! Going from A90D to the Ha-6a gets me excited every single time I swap the xlr interconnects to the tube amp. SS is mainly used for everyday youtube, web surfing, etc....but when I know ahead of time I'll have more than a couple of hours to myself I'll fire up the tubes and fall into audio bliss. Now since everyone is raving about the suede I keep "hearing" my suede pads calling me. I tell them to please wait until I at least hit 100 hrs on the stock because everything else is already overwhelming me (in a good way). But this is one temptation I think I can hold off on..................................................................................................maybe. Nonetheless I'll report back my findings after 20+ more hrs. You know you hit the "jackpot" when you're away and just can't wait to get back home to your personal audiophile nook.

Jul 2, 2023 at 5:43 AM Post #1,468 of 3,209
Atrium Closed #13574 takes its rightful place on my office desk. Working from home has lost its appeal, somehow... IMG_1455.jpg
Nice! Congrats!
Is this olive wood? I would guess so, not many other woods out there until now. Yours looks quite „dark“ for olive. It is really fascinating the range of different olive wood colours.

Jul 2, 2023 at 7:53 AM Post #1,469 of 3,209
@zach915m: Is the lighter coloured olive wood going to age and getting darker with time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back