ZMF Atrium Closed
May 9, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #916 of 3,270
Those look gorgeous! Can't wait for mine to ship! Hopefully there's still some with stunning grain left!
Same here! Fortunately, most Olivewood has inherently great figuring. That didn't stop me from requesting the most figured Olivewood possible in my order, though :joy:. Fingers crossed!

May 9, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #917 of 3,270
Those look gorgeous! Can't wait for mine to ship! Hopefully there's still some with stunning grain left!

Same here! Fortunately, most Olivewood has inherently great figuring. That didn't stop me from requesting the most figured Olivewood possible in my order, though :joy:. Fingers crossed!

Best of luck! Post pictures when you all get yours!

I love how olive wood stands out. It’s such a rich yellow color and the stripes stand out a mile away. It’s really hard to see this in photos. That photo I took actually dulled the color a lot. Mine really looks out of place in my collection of dark colored woods 😂

May 9, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #918 of 3,270
Best of luck! Post pictures when you all get yours!

I love how olive wood stands out. It’s such a rich yellow color and the stripes stand out a mile away. It’s really hard to see this in photos. That photo I took actually dulled the color a lot. Mine really looks out of place in my collection of dark colored woods 😂
Would love to see if amongst your collection of darker woods. I'm in the same boat -- I generally prefer darker woods, but olive is just too hard to pass up. :)

May 9, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #919 of 3,270
Would love to see if amongst your collection of darker woods. I'm in the same boat -- I generally prefer darker woods, but olive is just too hard to pass up. :)

Sure thing! I’ll try to get a photo when I get home. I also have a tiger maple and sapele salire. The sapele one got ruined from skin oils that soaked into the earpads. I have since been using a plastic film on the sapele to stop that from happening but will likely replace the sapele one. I’ve been thinking that white oak available now might look better with the olive.

May 9, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #920 of 3,270
Sure thing! I’ll try to get a photo when I get home. I also have a tiger maple and sapele salire. The sapele one got ruined from skin oils that soaked into the earpads. I have since been using a plastic film on the sapele to stop that from happening but will likely replace the sapele one. I’ve been thinking that white oak available now might look better with the olive.

I *really* want a tiger maple Salire. I've seen them in person and they are beautiful.

May 9, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #923 of 3,270
Does anyone else sniff their new headphones? The olive wood in particular has such a lovely fresh wood smell. The leather also reminds me of that new car smell lol. Is that weird?
The first headphones I sniffed were my og Nighthawks. Their smell was divisive, but I quickly grew to love it. :) I love wood smell too. Or even the smell of a new book. Smell is underestimated in the world of looks and touch. :)

May 9, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #924 of 3,270
Does anyone else sniff their new headphones? The olive wood in particular has such a lovely fresh wood smell. The leather also reminds me of that new car smell lol. Is that weird?
I love that scent when you open your ZMF for the first time. Leather and wood. So good.

Also, is it just by chance that the AC's release was both cherry and Olivewood?
I think Zach low-key selects wood that provides the ZMF shop with a lovely scent.

Only half joking... :)

May 9, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #925 of 3,270
Anyone knows how the stabilized compare to the current stock variants? Would AC benefit from harder wood we have with stabilized or more like not? Debating if I should wait for that one off ZMF.

May 9, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #926 of 3,270
I love that scent when you open your ZMF for the first time. Leather and wood. So good.

Also, is it just by chance that the AC's release was both cherry and Olivewood?
I think Zach low-key selects wood that provides the ZMF shop with a lovely scent.

Only half joking... :)

Sadly, Olive wood doesn't smell much like olives.

May 9, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #928 of 3,270
Anyone knows how the stabilized compare to the current stock variants? Would AC benefit from harder wood we have with stabilized or more like not? Debating if I should wait for that one off ZMF.
You can extrapolate from the reviews of the Olive vs Cherry wrt sound differences. Stabilized sets are generally around the same density of the Olivewood.
Sadly, Olive wood doesn't smell much like olives.
Lol true, but it does at least have a nice, fruity smell.

May 9, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #929 of 3,270
You can extrapolate from the reviews of the Olive vs Cherry wrt sound differences. Stabilized sets are generally around the same density of the Olivewood.

Will do, thanks. From what I remember the consensus was that the bass was slightly less aggressive on Olive and more of a natural allrounder, or am I getting it wrong? :)

May 9, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #930 of 3,270

Headphone smells and tastes? I agree ZMF headphones are a delight to the senses but now it sounds like we are becoming wine sommeliers :wine_glass::beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back