ZMF Atrium Closed
Nov 23, 2023 at 7:15 PM Post #2,326 of 3,265
Great pics!

I grabbed a new Salire Stand after I ordered the Redwood Burl AC. Will send picture of mine on it too!

Will try to let you know the sound difference with the softer wood but I of course wouldn't be able to A/B it.
Thank you!

Regardless, I’d love to hear your impressions of the Redwood Burl unit. I’m sure it will be amazing.

Nov 23, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #2,327 of 3,265
Thank you!

Regardless, I’d love to hear your impressions of the Redwood Burl unit. I’m sure it will be amazing.
Of course!

Let me know what you think of Olivewood! You should try the suedes on it if you haven't already.

Nov 23, 2023 at 7:35 PM Post #2,329 of 3,265
Of course!

Let me know what you think of Olivewood! You should try the suedes on it if you haven't already.
I haven’t yet, but will in a few days once I have a good sense of the lambskin pads’ sound. 👍 I can share notes on the Olivewood then too.

Nov 23, 2023 at 7:43 PM Post #2,330 of 3,265
I haven’t yet, but will in a few days once I have a good sense of the lambskin pads’ sound. 👍 I can share notes on the Olivewood then too.
I ordered a new pair of the Auteur Hybrid Solid to use in it maybe permanently. Though may switch between it and the Suedes.

Nov 23, 2023 at 7:53 PM Post #2,331 of 3,265
I ordered a new pair of the Auteur Hybrid Solid to use in it maybe permanently. Though may switch between it and the Suedes.
Me too, just received them from the B-stock sale. 😊👍

Nov 23, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #2,332 of 3,265

I love your taste of woods.. my type exactly. wonderful natural wood colors!

Post Thanksgiving food comma, with an early morning group practice (martial arts) planned to shake off the fat, I'm spending an hour before bedtime now with my AC to relax and unwind. Currently listening on it on the GOTL which brings a bit more "in your face" quality from them. I love how these headphones change character so well.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Greatful for bot these headphones but mostly to all of you in this wonderful community to share the joy with 🙏

Nov 26, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #2,333 of 3,265
I love your taste of woods.. my type exactly. wonderful natural wood colors!

Post Thanksgiving food comma, with an early morning group practice (martial arts) planned to shake off the fat, I'm spending an hour before bedtime now with my AC to relax and unwind. Currently listening on it on the GOTL which brings a bit more "in your face" quality from them. I love how these headphones change character so well.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Greatful for bot these headphones but mostly to all of you in this wonderful community to share the joy with 🙏
I couldn't agree more. Natural woods, the harder the better. Gorgeous collection.

Nov 26, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #2,334 of 3,265
I'm on my first three hours with these and it's 7:00am. They arrived last night while I was putting up Christmas lights so I didn't have time.

Woke up this morning like an excited kid on Christmas and haven't stopped listening. I'm on the Caldera Lambskin stock but i've also got the Caldera Suede and Auteur Hybrid's arriving tomorrow from ZMF.

These are a HUGE upgrade from the Eikon that I just sold. I couldn't be happier with them and I'm only three hours in.

IMG_0496.jpg

Nov 26, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #2,336 of 3,265
I'm on my first three hours with these and it's 7:00am. They arrived last night while I was putting up Christmas lights so I didn't have time.

Woke up this morning like an excited kid on Christmas and haven't stopped listening. I'm on the Caldera Lambskin stock but i've also got the Caldera Suede and Auteur Hybrid's arriving tomorrow from ZMF.

These are a HUGE upgrade from the Eikon that I just sold. I couldn't be happier with them and I'm only three hours in.

Congratulations, what a gorgeous pair!
Enjoy your AC, they sound even better after a hundred hours.

P.S. Your Eikons have been stretching their legs in their new home. :)
IMG_1792.jpeg

They’re making for a wonderful pair of gaming/work cans. 🙏

Nov 26, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #2,337 of 3,265
Congratulations, what a gorgeous pair!
Enjoy your AC, they sound even better after a hundred hours.

P.S. Your Eikons have been stretching their legs in their new home. :)
IMG_1792.jpeg

They’re making for a wonderful pair of gaming/work cans. 🙏
Super happy they went to you. I’d give my left nut for that Olivewood Wooden box. Mine came in a seahorse and although I love those I’d much rather have a wooden box.

Nov 26, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #2,338 of 3,265

IMG_0496.jpg
Aren’t they, though (ACs being an Eikon upgrade)?

Sorry I haven’t sent AC/Eikon comparisons to you… I am at around 80 hours of break-in on mine and the improvement is tangible so I wanted to wait. Yes, they actually get BETTER. 😁

Also, thanks to you and @goldwerger for the compliments on my small-but-mighty collection. I’m am so very pleased with my little ZMF “family”!

Nov 26, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #2,339 of 3,265
Aren’t they, though (ACs being an Eikon upgrade)?

Sorry I haven’t sent AC/Eikon comparisons to you… I am at around 80 hours of break-in on mine and the improvement is tangible so I wanted to wait. Yes, they actually get BETTER. 😁

Also, thanks to you and @goldwerger for the compliments on my small-but-mighty collection. I’m am so very pleased with my little ZMF “family”!
Yeah. Your collection is perfect. I’m actually saving for a Blackwood VC myself. That and the Desert Ironwood are my favorite for the VC. I also like Macassar Ebony and Black and White Ebony.

The AC to me is a much more balanced version of the Eikon. I need a bit more time with them though. I’m about 6 hours into the AC so I’ll have a better idea after a week or so.

Loving them so far though.

Nov 26, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #2,340 of 3,265
Yeah. Your collection is perfect. I’m actually saving for a Blackwood VC myself. That and the Desert Ironwood are my favorite for the VC. I also like Macassar Ebony and Black and White Ebony.

The AC to me is a much more balanced version of the Eikon. I need a bit more time with them though. I’m about 6 hours into the AC so I’ll have a better idea after a week or so.

Loving them so far though.
Yeah the AC is basically a "Super" Eikon. Eikon still sounds great but the AC is absolutely on another level. That said if one is looking to save money used Eikons can be gotten for great prices and still sound really good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back