ZMF Atrium Closed
Jul 20, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #1,636 of 3,270
My favorite pairing these day for both the AC and AO is the Decware/ZMF OTL. I previously preferred my AO on the CFA3, which I also like a lot as its speed and airiness balance the AO reverb very well, but something about that OTL creates magic with both of these headphones. Sweet and addictive like sugar.. just healthier :wink:
As I eat some Jeni’s Ice Cream…:)

The CFA3 is lovely with all of my ZMFs. I am finding the Aficionado to be so much more than I expected.

I am dying to hear the ZMF/Decware OTL. Canjam SoCal I hope.

Jul 20, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #1,637 of 3,270
Jul 20, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #1,638 of 3,270
Jul 20, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #1,639 of 3,270
Jul 20, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #1,640 of 3,270
I just changed my mind. The AO sounds as good on the Aficionado. I am still learning this amp, but it is blowing me away with all of my headphones. Especially my 3 ZMFs. All 3 are sounding simply sublime. Sorry for the alliteration...:)

Jul 20, 2023 at 8:19 PM Post #1,641 of 3,270
Well I decided to buy a new VR headset and 64 audio Nio IEMs to plug into it instead of the Atrium Closed redwood. I was neglecting other hobbies and getting a bit too sedentary with this one. I only ask that people continue to spam this thread with pics of their burl limiteds to drool at. Let's hope ZMF saves some redwood because the low weight is very tempting say for the new portable closed back.

Jul 20, 2023 at 9:21 PM Post #1,642 of 3,270
I've lost count of how many times I've opened up the Atrium Closed burl listing, but I've already spent far too much on headphones (and headphone accessories) within the past 12 months and I have to remind myself this isn't some sprint to 'endgame'. I think my next indulgence will be the JDS/ZMF amp and my hope is to find a decent deal on a second-hand AC so I can decide which I prefer between that and the VC (I've reaaaaally been enjoying my VC) and sell the other with less of a financial hit. I want to keep my stable limited to 1 open, 1 closed right now and at that point I can look at upgrading the one I keep to a special model (LTD or stabilized/resin) down the road.

On a side note, with Zach's mention of how limited the Mallee's and bimblebox were I'm surprised that there still appears to be stock of all of them a week later. I figured some of those were gonna be off the table quick...frankly that would have made it much easier to resist and stop looking at them!

Jul 20, 2023 at 9:37 PM Post #1,643 of 3,270
The Bimble Box are pretty amazing looking headphones. Love the color and figuring

Jul 21, 2023 at 12:03 AM Post #1,644 of 3,270
I've lost count of how many times I've opened up the Atrium Closed burl listing, but I've already spent far too much on headphones (and headphone accessories) within the past 12 months and I have to remind myself this isn't some sprint to 'endgame'. I think my next indulgence will be the JDS/ZMF amp and my hope is to find a decent deal on a second-hand AC so I can decide which I prefer between that and the VC (I've reaaaaally been enjoying my VC) and sell the other with less of a financial hit. I want to keep my stable limited to 1 open, 1 closed right now and at that point I can look at upgrading the one I keep to a special model (LTD or stabilized/resin) down the road.

On a side note, with Zach's mention of how limited the Mallee's and bimblebox were I'm surprised that there still appears to be stock of all of them a week later. I figured some of those were gonna be off the table quick...frankly that would have made it much easier to resist and stop looking at them!

The Bimble Box are pretty amazing looking headphones. Love the color and figuring

I thought they would be gone quicker too - but people just want that sweet sweet Redwood - which I get, it's light-weight as well and looks absolutely amazing.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jul 21, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #1,645 of 3,270
Oddly enough the extreme lightness of the redwood is what would have leaned me towards the Mallee for the AC, just going off others' reviews and impressions. No doubt it's beautiful though ... That Caldera redwood burl on the store ... 🤯

Jul 21, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #1,646 of 3,270
I thought they would be gone quicker too - but people just want that sweet sweet Redwood - which I get, it's light-weight as well and looks absolutely amazing.
Redwood burl for the win! :) it is an insanely unique and pretty wood. i still want a verawood ZMF! i have a beard comb made from it and it looks and smells so good. if not a verawood cup, maybe a verawood salaire? Pretty please? :)

https://cremocompany.com/products/b...PXguNSbf5AwC2TACdTGddEEVK8SqArPAaAkhqEALw_wcB

Jul 21, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #1,648 of 3,270
My favorite pairing these day for both the AC and AO is the Decware/ZMF OTL. I previously preferred my AO on the CFA3, which I also like a lot as its speed and airiness balance the AO reverb very well, but something about that OTL creates magic with both of these headphones. Sweet and addictive like sugar.. just healthier :wink:
If you had to choose one amp between the Auris nirvana and Zmf otl for the AC, what would it be? How close are they?
For classic rock.

Jul 21, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #1,649 of 3,270
I am selfishly rooting for the popularity of Redwood to continue and dominate the AC Burl sales… 😂😉

Jul 21, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #1,650 of 3,270

I'm just doing a bunch of neck strengthening workouts to prepare myself for the bimble box 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back