ZMF Atrium Closed
Jul 19, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #1,621 of 3,270
They are made by Krzysztof Jurkowski and you can get these here:

ETSY

(only one Olive left)

Looking more closely, these stands are clearly inspired by the classic Klutz design stands, my all-time favorite.. I’ll have to find an excuse to get one of those one time :)

Jul 19, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #1,622 of 3,270
Hi all… haven’t posted here in awhile. Wanted to share my newest stable mate. So excited! They sound as exquisite as they look…

Attachments

• IMG_4237.jpeg
    IMG_4237.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4238.jpeg
    IMG_4238.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4239.jpeg
    IMG_4239.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4240.jpeg
    IMG_4240.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Jul 19, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #1,623 of 3,270
Hi all… haven’t posted here in awhile. Wanted to share my newest stable mate. So excited! They sound as exquisite as they look…
Stunningly beautiful

Jul 19, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #1,624 of 3,270
Jul 20, 2023 at 12:23 AM Post #1,625 of 3,270
So, as I mentioned above I just recently picked up an Eddie Current Aficionado. This amp has been an absolute revelation. I have been using an Icon Audio HP8 for the past 18 months and that amp has my heart. It is such a wonderful amp with beautiful tone and incredible low end weight. It made the AO sound as good as I could hear it in my system. However, it didn't pair as well with the AC. The Aficionado is the opposite. The Aficionado's sense of air and stage is so big that coupled with the AO's expansive stage it is almost too much. However, the AC on the Aficionado is perfection. The extra air from the Aficionado pairs perfectly with the ACs pinpoint image and smaller stage. The bass almost becomes diffuse on the AO, whereas the AC keeps its impact and weight while also introducing incredible clarity and speed. This is my first 2A3 amp, so I am still learning about how it sounds and what pairs best. Thus far, the AC is the most lovely of pairings. There is so much musical emotion in this headphone. The Aficionado is an incredibly musical, fast and resolving amp. As resolving as the CFA3. It is really a revelatory sound for me.

Bottom line, the AC might not ever come off my head as I have found chain synergy with the Aficionado and AC that makes my spine tingle.

Jul 20, 2023 at 12:37 AM Post #1,626 of 3,270
Looking more closely, these stands are clearly inspired by the classic Klutz design stands, my all-time favorite.. I’ll have to find an excuse to get one of those one time :)
You're so right. Definitely inspired by the Klutz designs. Those are so hard to come by, it's good to see options like these.

Jul 20, 2023 at 12:40 AM Post #1,627 of 3,270
Congratulations, Geoff! Those are gorgeous. I’m impressed you received your Hot Cup Summer of Burl unit so fast! I’m just blown away by the wood choices and am holding on to hope that I can snag some after the holidays.

Jul 20, 2023 at 1:23 AM Post #1,628 of 3,270
Congratulations, Geoff! Those are gorgeous. I’m impressed you received your Hot Cup Summer of Burl unit so fast! I’m just blown away by the wood choices and am holding on to hope that I can snag some after the holidays.
Thank you. I am holding out hope for you too... I have been ogling every pair of Camphor burl ZMF headphones in the classifieds for years. This is first time I have had one on my head. I feel very lucky and a bit self-aware to be honest.

Jul 20, 2023 at 2:11 AM Post #1,629 of 3,270
Thank you. I am holding out hope for you too... I have been ogling every pair of Camphor burl ZMF headphones in the classifieds for years. This is first time I have had one on my head. I feel very lucky and a bit self-aware to be honest.
Well, you can do what I did and take selfies with your ZMFs on to try to get past that self-awareness. 😂

Attachments

• IMG_2172.jpeg
    IMG_2172.jpeg
    1,011.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1790.jpeg
    IMG_1790.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Jul 20, 2023 at 2:25 AM Post #1,630 of 3,270
Well, you can do what I did and take selfies with your ZMFs on to try to get past that self-awareness. 😂
I’m not nearly that handsome…:)

Jul 20, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #1,631 of 3,270
… I have been using an Icon Audio HP8 for the past 18 months and that amp has my heart. It is such a wonderful amp with beautiful tone and incredible low end weight. It made the AO sound as good as I could hear it in my system. However, it didn't pair as well with the AC.
As a HP8 guy, I am now even more looking forward to eventually getting the Atrium open! Sorry to hear it was not a good fit with the AC, but glad you found such a great combo with your new Eddie Current. (And grateful to benefit from your tube sell off!)

Jul 20, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #1,632 of 3,270
As a HP8 guy, I am now even more looking forward to eventually getting the Atrium open! Sorry to hear it was not a good fit with the AC, but glad you found such a great combo with your new Eddie Current. (And grateful to benefit from your tube sell off!)
It sounded great on the HP8. So, I should be more careful when saying it wasn't a perfect fit. It is just that much better on the Aficionado. Whereas the AO sounds greaton the Aficionado, but was even better on the HP8. Percentage points... Picky ears...

Jul 20, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #1,633 of 3,270
Man I just really, really love the AC. A lot. It's getting more head time than the Susvara currently haha. Not saying it's "better" than the Sus, but it's giving me a mix of fantastic neutrality (with the suede pads), details and such fun, impactful bass which is better, more full and more fun than any other headphone or IEM I've owned so far. That combo just keeps having me reach for the AC every time recently.

Jul 20, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #1,634 of 3,270
I highly recommend either Atrium on the HP8. It is a wonderful amp and headphone pairing. The AO is better on it, in my opinion. And the AC does better with SS amps in my opinion. I love the AC on the Aficionado. Meier Corda Soul and the CFA3. Whereas, the AO was perhaps my favorite all time combo on the HP8 and wonderful on my other amps. But, I thought the AO and HP8 was perfection. Whereas I find the AC and the Aficionado to be perfection.

Jul 20, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #1,635 of 3,270
I highly recommend either Atrium on the HP8. It is a wonderful amp and headphone pairing. The AO is better on it, in my opinion. And the AC does better with SS amps in my opinion. I love the AC on the Aficionado. Meier Corda Soul and the CFA3. Whereas, the AO was perhaps my favorite all time combo on the HP8 and wonderful on my other amps. But, I thought the AO and HP8 was perfection. Whereas I find the AC and the Aficionado to be perfection.

My favorite pairing these day for both the AC and AO is the Decware/ZMF OTL. I previously preferred my AO on the CFA3, which I also like a lot as its speed and airiness balance the AO reverb very well, but something about that OTL creates magic with both of these headphones. Sweet and addictive like sugar.. just healthier :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back