ZMF Atrium Closed - the latest closed back headphone from ZMF
Jun 13, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #1,321 of 3,122
Another music recommendation for a dreary Tuesday morning. When I last posted I mentioned how the AC (cherry wood) made the bass an "equal partner" in the last song. What I meant was it's resolving enough with enough quality across the whole spectrum that the bass for me doesn't overwhelm the song, it just gets elevated to something you can follow as well as the singers and the other instruments. It reaches the quantity that I personally want to hear, and yet the rest of the track doesn't suffer for it.

Anyway, of all the cans I've ever owned, I don't think anything could do this reggae group justice the way the AC handles it, even my beloved Atticus in cherry. Maybe some other biodynamics could get close? As a YTer wrote in the comments there, "Be sure your subwoofer is on for the full vibe! Half this music happens below 70hz."

Jun 13, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #1,322 of 3,122
Olivewood?

Yup exactly! I got a couple hours on them last night so I still need a lot more time to get my thoughts together around some initial impressions but, the first thought that comes to mind when describing these is: Wow. So musical, such a natural timbre/presentation, highly detailed and fun fun fun. I need to keep on with my listening to share a more detailed description but I was loving them from the first song yesterday.

Oh also, does anyone else feel like the Caldera pads are more comfortable than the OG ZMF pads? Not sure if it's just in my head, but they just felt more pillowy in my usage yesterday haha

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #1,323 of 3,122
Another music recommendation for a dreary Tuesday morning. When I last posted I mentioned how the AC (cherry wood) made the bass an "equal partner" in the last song. What I meant was it's resolving enough with enough quality across the whole spectrum that the bass for me doesn't overwhelm the song, it just gets elevated to something you can follow as well as the singers and the other instruments. It reaches the quantity that I personally want to hear, and yet the rest of the track doesn't suffer for it.

Anyway, of all the cans I've ever owned, I don't think anything could do this reggae group justice the way the AC handles it, even my beloved Atticus in cherry. Maybe some other biodynamics could get close? As a YTer wrote in the comments there, "Be sure your subwoofer is on for the full vibe! Half this music happens below 70hz."

Apologies for the sidebar topic-

Props for posting a KEXP in-studio live session! Being a long-time listener/supporter and Seattle-area resident, I love the station so much.

I’ve lost count of the number of artists/bands I’ve discovered thanks to KEXP.

Jun 13, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #1,324 of 3,122
Apologies for the sidebar topic-

Props for posting a KEXP in-studio live session! Being a long-time listener/supporter and Seattle-area resident, I love the station so much.

I’ve lost count of the number of artists/bands I’ve discovered thanks to KEXP.
+1 KEXP is the #1 source of my new music discovery! Always the best part of the commute. I found this playlist someone automated that syncs up with what they’re playing. Much better quality than their radio stream (you can take it even further and sync this daily to Qobuz via Soundiz):

Jun 14, 2023 at 7:57 AM Post #1,325 of 3,122
Sad I missed out on the olive wood. Hopefully the next LTD variant will be just as cool.

Any eta for when or even if that will happen . Any time after Sept 8th would be ideal for me ☺️

Jun 14, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #1,327 of 3,122
Sad I missed out on the olive wood. Hopefully the next LTD variant will be just as cool.

Any eta for when or even if that will happen . Any time after Sept 8th would be ideal for me ☺️

You can sign up for ZMF’s newsletter on their website 😉
Hot cup summer starts in July. No stabilized resin until November but some very cool options that I think some people may like more than stabilized anyways.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jun 14, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #1,328 of 3,122
but some very cool options that I think some people may like more than stabilized anyways.
The tease is strong in this one

Jun 15, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #1,329 of 3,122
Received my newly repaired ACs today! So far so good. Need to give it some run time to make sure the issue is resolved.
Am loving the grain and look if it!

IMG_0958.jpeg

Jun 15, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #1,331 of 3,122
I just received my Olivewood. They are gorgeous.

They feel so light compared to there VC African Blackwood.

Thanks, Zach!

Attachments

• IMG_5703.jpg
    IMG_5703.jpg
    444.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5704.jpg
    IMG_5704.jpg
    430.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5705.jpg
    IMG_5705.jpg
    409.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5706.jpg
    IMG_5706.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5708.jpg
    IMG_5708.jpg
    417.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5707.jpg
    IMG_5707.jpg
    441.4 KB · Views: 0
Jun 15, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #1,334 of 3,122
Jun 15, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #1,335 of 3,122
Hot cup summer starts in July. No stabilized resin until November but some very cool options that I think some people may like more than stabilized anyways.

hahahaha hot cup summer!!!! This got a big smile and chuckle out of me!

I will have a modest but personal office with my new job, def will have a nice audio set up in there feat. ZMF :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back