ZMF Atrium Closed - the latest closed back headphone from ZMF
May 31, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #1,156 of 3,119
Pure acoustic delight...

"Take This Hammer", perrformed by Willie Watson (vocals/banjo/guitar) & The Fairfield Four (male vocal group)

Listening on the AC with the Decware/ZMF OTL

1685585101144.png

Jun 1, 2023 at 2:27 AM Post #1,157 of 3,119
Going to audition the AC end of the month. Let's see if I get convinced to buy a 6th ZMF :)

It's a 8x26AWG 6N OFC cable made by Slawa (Rottmans Cable) in Germany. It's custom made. And he makes this really nice Furutech like splitter
Looks like they make really nice custom cables. Very good advise. Let's see why there are no prices on the website.

Jun 1, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #1,158 of 3,119
Going to audition the AC end of the month. Let's see if I get convinced to buy a 6th ZMF :)
I mean, what's one more??? :smirk:

Jun 1, 2023 at 2:57 AM Post #1,159 of 3,119
Jun 1, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #1,160 of 3,119
Woah! That’s some crazy figuring! I legitimately thought this was cherry at first due to the color. Dang, I would love to have something like that in my collection in the future 😁
I find myself just holding these and turning them every which way in awe. Oh, and the sound has me in awe too 😂

Jun 1, 2023 at 6:31 AM Post #1,161 of 3,119
The AC is my 6th. Go for it!

Jun 1, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #1,162 of 3,119
Looks like they make really nice custom cables. Very good advise. Let's see why there are no prices on the website.
No prices because everything is custom made. You can choose whatever you want, cable (type, color, braid,...), connectors and splitter. If you have a specific idea, just take contact with him, he is a very nice guy. We discussed a lot before taking the decision for the final product and he helped me a lot by giving me great suggestions. He even sent me some photos during the build (It took him 3 days to build the cable + adapter). I Totally recommend him.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #1,164 of 3,119
Received my AC early today finally after a little bit over a month and i was so excited to open the box. A BIG disappointment at the Quality Control of the headphones, right cup was damaged. There is a knot with a dent that you can feel with fingers and a small crack next to it.

I have emailed Zach, hopefully he will take cake of the cup, so who knows how long i have to wait again for the repair.

PXL_20230601_170115737.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230601_165924800 (2).jpg
    PXL_20230601_165924800 (2).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 1, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #1,166 of 3,119
Received my AC early today finally after a little bit over a month and i was so excited to open the box. A BIG disappointment at the Quality Control of the headphones, right cup was damaged. There is a knot with a dent that you can feel with fingers and a small crack next to it.

I have emailed Zach, hopefully he will take cake of the cup, so who knows how long i have to wait again for the repair.

PXL_20230601_165924800 (2).jpgPXL_20230601_170115737.jpg
If you're not happy, Zach will take care of it. Never seen another company go as above and beyond as Zach and the ZMF crew.

Jun 1, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #1,167 of 3,119

Bummer you're unhappy with them. Personally I think the grain looks stunning on that pair! To be honest, I'm not sure I'd go so far as to consider this QC issue given the prominent disclaimer that wood can come with natural markings (like knots) and there's no guarantee they will look like the photos. However as others said, I'm sure Zach can help you out if you email him.

Jun 1, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #1,168 of 3,119

Im a bit surprised these passed through the quality check and were shipped out... like thats pretty obvious lol. Would these even be considered b stock quality? It looks like someone drilled a hole on the headphone cups. Its still crazy they still shipped it to ya while looking lile this. You have me a bit nervous for mine. Feels like everyone should do a full inspection when they receive theirs just incase.

Jun 1, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #1,169 of 3,119
If you're not happy, Zach will take care of it. Never seen another company go as above and beyond as Zach and the ZMF crew.
Agreed. Zach & Bevin are awesome.

The photos don’t seem to highlight the crack. That being said, what a gorgeous pair!
Olive wood is notorious (and acclaimed) for these little aberrations.

Edit: Oh, now I see it. Yeah, it’d be worth checking in with Zach to make sure all is good. He’ll take care of you.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #1,170 of 3,119
Bummer you're unhappy with them. Personally I think the grain looks stunning on that pair! To be honest, I'm not sure I'd go so far as to consider this QC issue given the prominent disclaimer that wood can come with natural markings (like knots) and there's no guarantee they will look like the photos. However as others said, I'm sure Zach can help you out if you email him.
I have no problems with the grain or natural markings, as the mater of fact i love the grain. It looks fabulous, from the picture you can not see a dent unless you put your fingers right on the knot and there is a small crack next to it. I love ZMF headphones beside the AC, i also own VC, OG Auteur, Eikon, Aeolus and VO (sold).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back