ZMF Atrium Closed - the latest closed back headphone from ZMF
Jun 5, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #1,261 of 3,122
Hahah yes we are actually trying to perfect the idea of FOMO.

And crap - what do they call that - a five year plan...!? :triportsad:

In all seriousness - coming out with the "portable model has been such an undertaking because of logistics to make sure we can make enough of them, the new form factor, new chassis, materials and reliability, SOP and all that stuff (including a new space we are rehabbing for production) that while I have a lot of ideas and things going for the next 5-8 years - I don't know what exactly and when it will come.

One thing I can share - is that we are working on bringing more amplifiers and source gear to pair with our headphones to market like the upcoming JDS/ZMF amp, as well as exploring other headphones within the new form factor so that there will be ZMF options that are not only less expensive that you'll want to own, but also will be a bit easier to drive from an impedance perspective.
ZMF estat when?
The ZMF housesound is something that type of headphone needs

Jun 5, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #1,263 of 3,122
One thing I can share - is that we are working on bringing more amplifiers and source gear to pair with our headphones to market like the upcoming JDS/ZMF amp, as well as exploring other headphones within the new form factor so that there will be ZMF options that are not only less expensive that you'll want to own, but also will be a bit easier to drive from an impedance perspective.

Can’t wait to find what’s cooking next… :wink:

IMG_6091.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #1,265 of 3,122
Little Post-Rock session tonight. I also love the AC with this genre. Again, the "slow" decay helps to give body to the music, and distorted guitars are a pure bliss with this headphone.
Special mentions :
- Mogwai : Ratts of the Capital
- God is an Astronaut : Forever Lost
- The Evpatoria report (swiss band :)) : Taijin Kyofusho + Eighteen Robins Road
- Sigur Rós : Ekki Múkk

Jun 8, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #1,269 of 3,122
Boom baby! Order #13438 shipped! Legooooo :)

Jun 9, 2023 at 1:32 AM Post #1,271 of 3,122
Jun 9, 2023 at 1:57 AM Post #1,272 of 3,122
Hey all AC lovers... It feels like eons since I have posted any impressions of the AC. Listening to a Olive LTD on my Icon HP8. I recently went through a DAC change and it has just made everything click. This headphone is an absolute hoot. It is a really fun, dynamic and enveloping sound. The decay is at a perfect pace for the tuning leading to a deep saturation of the notes giving the AC a pleasing tone and timbre. That saturation doesn't lead to overt warmth, but resolution. The sound is extremely physical. It resembles the AO, I know they are the same family but it still has its own qualities that make it unique. The staging is not as big, but still extremely accurate. It has wonderful front to back imaging giving the sound depth. Timbral coloration is slight but present giving it a euphonic presence that is especially rendered in vocals. The bass is strong, but not overdone. Just like all ZMFs, I prefer the lambskin pads. Although the bass is a bit more present, it is still linear and is more sub bass focused with a linear midbass band heading into the midrange. The midrange has plenty of space to breath and the space between the notes is clear and articulate. That is what makes it so much fun.

The AC also sounds wonderful on my CFA3 and Corda Soul making it flexible with chain synergy. But, I always go back to my HP8. The combination of the HP8's lushness, and clarity paired with the AC is a sound I can happily live with for a long time. It is subtle yet powerful. There is a density, and richness; with high resolution to the sound which is how properly driven high end headphones should sound. I am finding myself up way too late most nights listening with zero fatigue as I tell myself, "One last song" over and over.

Cheers!

Jun 9, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #1,274 of 3,122
Nice write-up. Do you use the Corda to EQ the Atrium Closed? Which Dac change have you done?
I don’t EQ the AC with the Corda Soul. For fun I will play with the tone controls every now and again, but I like it as is.

I switched a Cen.Grand DSDAC Super Clock for the just released Matrix Elements X2 Pure.

I liked the Super Clock, but loved the X2 Pure. Brought it in for review and ended up loving it and so I bought it. Before I have finished writing my review.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back