ZMF Atrium Closed
May 14, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #991 of 3,180
Fedex made an appearance today. the stock cables are too short for me but otherwise everything is very nice.

DSCF2708_.jpg

DSCF2710_.jpg

May 14, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #992 of 3,180
the ZMF compulsive buying disorder checklist
[✔️] you do have too many headphones already and don’t need any more
[✔️] your last big audio purchase is less than two month ago
[✔️] you tell yourself that the pictures and impressions posted should not be overrated
[✔️] you are writing in second-person point of view to pretend it concerns someone else
[✔️] "you" just ordered the Atrium Closed LTD

May 14, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #993 of 3,180
[✔️] you tell yourself that the pictures and impressions posted should not be overrated
[✔️] you are writing in second-person point of view to pretend it concerns someone else
Yep, I tick all those boxes except I ordered a Verite Closed recently with the select wood sale. I already have the awesome Atrium Open and I've been interested in the faster response of the VC for heavy beat music. It's an addiction, no denying that, but enthusiasts like us do support innovators like ZMF. I keep telling myself just one more (Caldera) then that should be it. I don't know why I delude myself, Zach keeps coming up with fantastic products.

May 14, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #994 of 3,180
OTL Amps like Euforia change so so much with tube rolls it may worth getting one that's more linear. Something like Chatham 6as7g and 6n6 adapted to 6sn7 would get you a pretty punchy, linear sound that should be less milky, if that's the issue.
Depending on what power tubes the Euforia can use, I would note that 7236s sound also more fast/linear/punchy than a 5998 or 6AS7G, at least in the Woo Audio WA2 (also OTL). I’d be surprised if that varies too much by amp. It gets you closer to a “hybrid” sound, as you get more of the solid-state speed/punch with adding any noise.

The 7236s tend to be cheaper than good 6AS7Gs and 5998s as well; Tung-Sol and Sylvania (NOS) are the best bet from my experience and reading…

May 14, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #995 of 3,180
Fedex made an appearance today. the stock cables are too short for me but otherwise everything is very nice.

DSCF2708_.jpg

DSCF2710_.jpg
Congratulations, those look spectacular and I am sure they sound every bit as good, as well.

May 14, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #996 of 3,180
Depending on what power tubes the Euforia can use, I would note that 7236s sound also more fast/linear/punchy than a 5998 or 6AS7G, at least in the Woo Audio WA2 (also OTL). I’d be surprised if that varies too much by amp.

I use a pair of Sylvania 7236 as outputs on my GOTL and they are indeed very dynamic (and powerful).

Indeed as @zach915m pointed out, tubes often shapes the sound quite a bit, particularly output tubes as in OTL amps the the headphone is directly driven by them.

May 14, 2023 at 8:32 PM Post #997 of 3,180
Depending on what power tubes the Euforia can use, I would note that 7236s sound also more fast/linear/punchy than a 5998 or 6AS7G, at least in the Woo Audio WA2 (also OTL). I’d be surprised if that varies too much by amp. It gets you closer to a “hybrid” sound, as you get more of the solid-state speed/punch with adding any noise.

The 7236s tend to be cheaper than good 6AS7Gs and 5998s as well; Tung-Sol and Sylvania (NOS) are the best bet from my experience and reading…
A great recommendation. The 7236 is a good tube and was very solid state sounding (for tubes) on the crack/crackatwoa.

May 14, 2023 at 10:27 PM Post #998 of 3,180
Mmmmmm. This is an addiction.

May 14, 2023 at 10:48 PM Post #999 of 3,180
So is the aged cherrywood version $200 more expensive than the regular cherrywood? The difference in price isn’t shown when you add options but I see that I get a total of $2199 for the regular cherrywood and $2399 for the aged version.

May 14, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #1,000 of 3,180
So is the aged cherrywood version $200 more expensive than the regular cherrywood? The difference in price isn’t shown when you add options but I see that I get a total of $2199 for the regular cherrywood and $2399 for the aged version.

Yes aged is more expensive. I suggest ordering in the next ten minutes or they'll both be more expensive.

May 15, 2023 at 7:44 AM Post #1,004 of 3,180

Users who are viewing this thread

Back