ZMF Aeolus Impressions thread
Jul 24, 2020 at 7:20 PM Post #2,958 of 6,728
I predict you'll like that sound. I sure do...

Your comments on this are part of the reason I ordered the Verite pads. I heard the combination briefly last year, and my thoughts were similar to what you describe, but it was too short of a listen to really get a solid grasp on what was going on. I'm excited to try this again.

Jul 24, 2020 at 8:27 PM Post #2,959 of 6,728
When listening to corkscrews, best to keep the pointy end pointing away from the eardrum...
No way! It's an amazing mod which tames the treble some.

Jul 25, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #2,960 of 6,728
I love me some burl, and I always wondered how it would sound if ZMF got amboyna burl. I figure that it's quite expensive, and hard to get. Thus, another burl wood would (haha "wood would") be just as beautiful, and it's happened with previous LTD iterations.

Jul 25, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #2,961 of 6,728
I know, I know. But it's been a long week and I'm looking forward to a few glasses of wine.

On the Aeolus topic, I ordered the Verite perforated lambskin pads to check them out. They should be here next week.
Obviously I was just kidding (I hope that was apparent lol)....Aeolus & wine are a fine combo.

I also enjoy the Verite pads on the Aeolus...a step toward neutral without sacrificing too much of the fun factor IMO.
Looking forward to your impressions.

Jul 25, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #2,962 of 6,728
Obviously I was just kidding (I hope that was apparent lol)....Aeolus & wine are a fine combo.

I picked up on the humor, don't worry. And I confirmed (again) last night that the Aeolus and wine go well together. Fortunately the cable is purple so would probably end up ok if I spilled wine on it 🍷:)

IMG_2750.JPG

Jul 25, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #2,963 of 6,728
I picked up on the humor, don't worry. And I confirmed (again) last night that the Aeolus and wine go well together. Fortunately the cable is purple so would probably end up ok if I spilled wine on it 🍷:)

Just don't show that cable to @Darthpool ...I believe he's the resident purple monger... (beautiful setup)

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #2,967 of 6,728
I love me some burl, and I always wondered how it would sound if ZMF got amboyna burl. I figure that it's quite expensive, and hard to get. Thus, another burl wood would (haha "wood would") be just as beautiful, and it's happened with previous LTD iterations.

That's a handsome wood, though quite expensive, possibly not available in the large blanks needed for these earcups.

But since you bring up the issue of wood longings--I think we're ready for the return of bocote. That's the wood I could have ordered for my Ori, but didn't.

Bocote looks somewhat similar to zebrawood, but the grain is even more dramatic & less orderly. Both woods are harder than amboyna burl, with bocote being the hardest (2010 janka vs 1830 for zebrawood). I think it's beautiful (that's my 2 cents).

Bocote Omni (DaemonSire post, Eikon, Atticus Thread).jpg

Jul 25, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #2,968 of 6,728
Just don't show that cable to @Darthpool ...I believe he's the resident purple monger... (beautify setup)
Though if you DO show it to him, he will pry reccommend some synergistic bourbon and whiskeys... And maybe even some coffee for morning sessions!

Though he may need to listen to it first to reccommend the ones with the perfect nuances for that specific cable! 😂

Jul 25, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #2,970 of 6,728
Though if you DO show it to him, he will pry reccommend some synergistic bourbon and whiskeys... And maybe even some coffee for morning sessions!

Though he may need to listen to it first to reccommend the ones with the perfect nuances for that specific cable! 😂
Hmmm... whiskey... and coffee... yes!!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back